This Workspace has been created to assist the ALAC/At-Large community in developing FY21 Additional Budget Request (ABR) proposals. The ALAC Finance and Budget Sub-committee (FBSC) will review all proposals submitted and will agree on which to submit to ICANN on behalf of the ALAC.
FY21 ALAC/ALT Plus Criteria for Additional Budget Requests: (TBC)
- In the post-ATLAS III environment, proposals should include activities that will make the entire At-Large community more effective in policy advice development.
- Outreach should not be a major focus. Activities to improve engagement with existing members is encouraged.
- If any request is made on outreach, it should go through the CROP program or as a part of a larger ALAC request for RALO Discretionary Funding.
- RALO requests should be strategic and in line with their RALO's strategic outreach plans and must be endorsed by their RALO prior to being submitted for consideration by the FBSC.
- Priority will also only be given to those who have provided draft reports as requested as part of the FY20 ABR approval language. Final reports must be submitted by the end of FY21. For Details see: At-Large FY20 Additional Budget Request Implementation Workspace .
- Staff is currently expecting that basic resources for community communications/printing will be supported through the core ICANN budget, but that community proposals for printing , etc. will be accepted as a back-up in case expectations change. Specific proposals for communications resources beyond simple printing and editing functions should be prepared and submitted.
Important Documents and Resources from ICANN Finance:
- FY21 Community Additional Budget Requests Process description and timeline FY21 Community Additional Budget Request Process
- Principles that govern ICANN’s request assessment work Principles of SO-AC Additional Budget Requests
- FY21 template request form FY21 Community Requests Template
FY21 Additional Budget Request Timeline
The timeline and deliverables for the process are as follows:
Kick off and Submission period
|FBSC representatives and/or staff to send notice of opening of FY21 Additional Budget Request (ABR) process to RALOs||02/12/2019||02/12/2019||Completed|
|RALOs to review any ALS request or complete a template on behalf of the RALO and send requests to||16/12/2019||06/01/2020|
|Discussion of Proposals with Finance and Policy Staff and FBSC||06/01/2020||10/01/2020|
|Revised proposals to be sent to the FBSC for final review.||13/01/2020||17/01/2020|
|The ALAC to review the proposed At-Large FY21 ABRs during their monthly call||21/01/2020||21/01/2020|
|The FBSC to review all the RALO requests.||22/01/2020||24/01/2020|
Submissions Due – send to firstname.lastname@example.org (IMPORTANT: At-Large staff will send all At-Large requests to Planning@icann.org)
Preliminary review of requests by ICANN.org
SO/AC consultations at ICANN 67(by request, during Constituents’ Day)
Final assessments and recommendations by ICANN.org
ICANN Board Finance Committee Review and recommendation for approval to the Board
ICANN Board review and approval at May Board meeting
|Request||Person or Group Submitting||Title of Proposal||Request Number||Description||Comments by ICANN Staff Regarding Possible Collaboration||FBSC Notes and Decision||Status|
|RALO Requesting||Person or Group Submitting||Title of Proposal||Request Number||Description||Comments by ICANN Staff Regarding Possible Collaboration||FBSC Notes and Decision||Status|