I. Post-ATLAS Feedback (Lead: Eduardo Diaz/Staff: Alperen Eken and Heidi Ullrich)
|ATLAS III Programme Committee Survey|
The survey (EN/FR/ES) was sent to all ATLAS III Participants was sent in December. The aim of the survey is to get feedback from the participants of the ATLAS III programme
|30 EN;5 FR; 8 ES as of 13 December.|
The Programme committee can recruit other volunteers with the appropriate skills to do an analysis of the feedback from ATLAS III Participants
Recommendations will be developed from the analysis of the feedback for implementation by the Participants, the ALAC and/or RALOs
Recommendations must align with the ATLAS Ambassadors' Journey graphic to provide specific tasks, objectives and outcomes for each step of their journey.
These recommendations will also be incorporated into the relevant 2020 schedules for At-Large Policy, Outreach, Capacity Building and Communications.
|ATLAS Participants/At-Large Ambassador Reports||All ATLAS III Participants/At-Large Ambassadors to complete a report on their experiences of ATLAS III|
|Analysis of Participant Interviews||The results from the interviews of ATLAS III Participants are to be reviewed and analyzed|
|At-Large Academic Engagement||Develop an At-Large Academic Strategic Plan that fits into the post-ATLAS III activities. Joanna to lead small group to develop proposal.|
II. At-Large Regional Policy Engagement Plan - PEP (Leads: Heidi Ullrich and Alperen Eken)
|ATLAS III Programme Committee Interview Results|
Review and analysis of feedback
|Collaboration between At-Large regional leadership, At-Large Staff and GSE RVPs|
More regular communication and collaboration between At-Large regional leadership, At-Large Staff and GSE RVPs
with goals of more effective engagement and participation as well as strengthening the RALO/ALS/Individual relationship
|Creation of 'At-Large liaisons' in Regional offices|
The At-Large Liaisons will work closely with At-Large staff and RALO leadership
III. Completion of At-Large Review Implementation Plan Activities
1.ALS Mobilisation Working Group - Issue 2 (Lead: Alan Greenberg; Heidi Ullrich, Alperen Eken)
|Membership of WG Members|
|Set up workspace and hold first call|
|Completion of Activities and ALAC Approval|
- Criteria and process for individual unaffiliated membership
- Review of the registration process - do we ask if they are registrants or even know about domains?
- What skills and knowledge do they bring to the work of At-Large and ICANN?
- What interests do they actually have that can add value to the work of At-Large within ICANN - internet governance is not enough.
- How do we assess the engagement of individuals within the work of At-Large?
- How do they carry out their outreach to their communities?
- Do we make it a requirement for evidence of community engagement - a report required of at least one community activity related to ICANN?
- Review registration process for ALS applicants (and for unaffiliated members)
- What requested information is irrelevant?
- What information is needed to ensure engagement is an objective?
- What do they know about ICANN and At-Large already?
- What background knowledge do ALS members who will participate in At-Large bring to help us do our work within ICANN?
- Who are identified as the key participants within the ALS
- Are new applicants aware of the requirements for regular participation and the deregistration process?
- Should we make an expectation that each ALS must demonstrate that they are carrying at least ONE outreach activity related to ICANN per year in their community, and that they have at least ONE person from their ALS actively engaged in an At-Large or ICANN working group or other activity
2. Completion of the At-Large Review Implementation Plan Activities (Lead: Cheryl Langdon-Orr and Heidi Ullrich)
|Status Report 2||Report to be prepared and submitted to the OEC by mid-December 2019|
|Remaining Implementation Activities||Finalization of remaining items by April 2020|
|Final Report||Report to be prepared and submitted to the OEC by mid-May 2020|
IV. 2020 At-Large Plan Activities
1.Policy Involvement (Lead: Jonathan Zuck / Evin Erdogdu)
|CPWG Charter||CPWG confirmation of charter, ALAC ratification of the document and distribution strategy with Comms|
At-Large Policy Platform
|Presentation of final document at ICANN67 Community Forum in Cancún|
|Policy resource development|
Policy Fact Sheets
At-Large DNS Abuse 101 Videos in EN, ES, FR
GeoNames Videos in EN, ES, FR
Learning resources in development with Joanna Kulesza, CBWG and ICANN Learn
Statements and advice
Incorporate recommendations from the ATLAS III Surveys relating to policy development for ATLAS Ambassadors
2. Capacity Building (Lead: Joanna Kulesza/Heidi Ullrich)
Catalogue of ICANN Learn webinars/courses
Establish a library of Onboarding resources (working in with other constituency partners (GAC and NPOC) about:
ICANN Learn Course Catalogue - Nov. 2019
Road-map through the multitude of ICANN Learn courses and other primer material
|Coaches and mentors|
Development of the At-Large Ambassador Program
3. OUTREACH AND ENGAGEMENT (Lead: Daniel Nanghaka/Heidi Ullrich/Gisella Gruber/Silvia Vivanco)
At-Large Participation Toolkit
Develop a set of materials for each stage of involvement:
2) Initial engagement (WG membership; assigned a coach/mentor;
3) Policy Advice development involvement;
4) At-Large leadership
General Assemblies (planning in collaboration with the Regional Leadership of RALOs who have General Assemblies in 2020-2021: EURALO and LACRALO)
|RALO Outreach and Engagement Strategies|
Repository of skills and interests
4. Communications (Lead: Maureen Hilyard/Heidi Ullrich/Evin Erdogdu)
|At-Large Comms Strategy|
Coordinate with NPOC and GAC Underserved Regions WG, and Public Policy WG
|Include NPOC and GAC into resource and course development projects as well as encourage Meetings with GAC working groups (Yrjo to coordinate with GAC Liaison)|
Coordinate Resource Development activities (from Policy, Capacity Building and Outreach)
|Work with the Capacity Building Working Group ICANN Learn Design Teams to build more courses to support policy and penholding capacity building within At-Large|
GSE Coordination in the regions (2xSallys) - Pacific Plan
|Working with Pua Hunter (Cook Islands, GAC Vice Chair) and Save Vocea (Fiji, GSE Oceania VP) regarding Pacific engagement project|
|Periodic Updates on ITI/ITP||Hold regular meetings with Jana and attend online consultation sessions|
ALT+ At-Large projects for SO-AC flexibility fund
|In preparation for the Los Angeles SOAC Chairs meeting at the end of January 2020|
|Feedback on CCEG-IG||Send information to David Olive|
RALO Commitments Ideas from ATLAS III Brainstorming Excercise
|AFRALO||Engaging and participating in WGs|
|Giving feedback to the RALO about the participation and engagement|
|Reviewing the ROP for participation and finding ways to improve them|
|APRALO||Creating a document of shared experiences gained during ATLAS3|
|Planning to hold joint APRALO outreach events across all individuals and ALSes|
|Increasing local community to engage and outreach|
|Holding joint webinars across the community|
|Increasing participation to the CPWG & Monthly Calls|
|EURALO||Becoming more visible and effective participants|
|Becoming liaisons for communications on behalf of ICANN to each of their National internet community|
|Creating interest groups for discussion such as IPR, Cybersecurity|
|During the IGFs, ALSes, ICANN multi-stakeholder approach, and ICANN outreach will be promoted|
|LACRALO||Everything said will be in a one-pager, that is to reaffirm the commitments, and to be shared with At-Large|
|Each ALS will take action to communicate ICANN’s vision and mission outside of ICANN|
|Making sure of engagement and inclusion from gender and indigenous groups|
Communicating ICANNs work within the ALSes
|Committing senior members to become mentors to 2-3 ALSes in the region|
|NARALO||Committing each member regularly to participate one or more monthly meetings or WG sessions|
|Picking a specific area of interest within At Large among active topics|
|Using the topic and leverage active participation within At-Large|