IMPORTANT: The process for posting nominations is as follows: 1) Nominations, including self-nominations must be made directly to their RALO’s mailing list; followed by 2) Nominations must be posted to the 2019 ALAC and RALO Elections, Selections and Appointments Workspace or by sending a note to At-Large staff

ALAC Members

RegionRALO ResultNomCom Result
AFRALODave KissoondoyalAbdulkarim Oloyede

APRALO

Maureen HilyardJustine Chew
EURALOMatthias HudobnikNot applicable
LACRALOSylvia Herlein Leite Carlos Raul Gutierrez
NARALOJonathan ZuckNot applicable

ALAC Selection Timetable for 2019 ALAC Members*:

• 29 April 2019 -  Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.* (Except for NARALO that requires a 30 day call for nomination. Also, LACRALO's nomination period will begin on 3 May as approved by Maureen Hilyard.)

• 29 April – 10 May 2019 - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 10 working days). (Except for LACRALO's nomination period which will be between 3-10 May as approved by Maureen Hilyard.)

• 17 May 2019  - Deadline for nomination acceptances

• 20 May - 22 May 2019 - Calls with the candidates if desired by the RALOs. 

• 23 May - 30 May 2019 - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline).

• 2019 AGM [ ICANN 66 ] - Newly elected ALAC Members and RALOs Leaders shall be seated at the end of the 2019 AGM following the close of the Board Meeting on 7 November 2019.

.** NOTES ON NOMINATIONS 

1. All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate and must also complete or update their Statement of Interest (see: At-Large New SOIs Workspace).
  2. No one who is currently serving on the Nominating Committee may be nominated for the ALAC. See https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-8

ALAC Voting Delegates to the NomCom*

RegionRole Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated by

Date AcceptedStatement of Interest

Regional Candidate(s) Recommended to the ALAC

ALAC Appointed Delegates to the NomCom

Term to Serve
AFRALO

Aziz Hilali

(NOT eligible for re-appointment)

Seun OjedejiDaniel NanghakaDeclined 

2019 AGM to 2020 AGM
Abdulkarim OloyedeDave Kissondoyal

EOIAbdulkarim Oloyede to be recommended to the ALAC by acclamation. 

Hadia Elminiawi

See: AFRALO VOTING DELEGATE to the NomCom 2019 - 2020 RE- ELECTION

2019 AGM to 2020 AGM
Raymond MamattahSelf nominated 

EOI

Ines HfaiedhMondher Laabid

EOI

APRALO

Nadira Al-Araj

Amrita Choudhury

Kaili Kan/

Justine Chew

EOIAmrita Choudhury to be recommended to the ALAC by acclamation. Amrita Choudhury

2019 AGM to 2020 AGM
EURALO

Erich Schweighofer

(Eligible for re-appointment)

Erich SchweighoferSebastien Bachollet

EOIErich Schweighofer to be recommended to the ALAC by acclamation.  Erich Schweighofer 2019 AGM to 2020 AGM

LACRALO

Tracy Hackshaw

Tracy Hackshaw

Bartlett Morgan

Tracy Hackshaw2019 AGM to 2020 AGM

NARALO

Leah Symekher 

Glenn McKnight Marita Moll

EOI

Glenn McKnight to be recommended to the ALAC by acclamation 

Glenn McKnight2019 AGM to 2020 AGM

*NOTES ON NOMINATIONS 

1. All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate and must also complete or update their Statement of Interest (see: At-Large New SOIs Workspace).
  2. No one who is currently serving on the Nominating Committee may be nominated for the ALAC. See https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-8

The ICANN Bylaws require that the ALAC, in consultation with the RALOs, appoints five voting members of the NomCom, one per ICANN region. Voting members of the NomCom are appointed for a one year term, starting at the close of the 2019 Annual General Meeting and ending at the 2020 Annual General Meeting, and may be re-appointed for a further term of one year subject to the requirement under the ICANN Bylaws

• XI-2.4.e The ALAC shall, after consultation with each RALO, annually appoint five voting delegates (no two of whom shall be citizens of countries in the same Geographic Region, as defined according to Section 5 of Article VI to the Nominating Committee.
  • VII-3.1 Each voting delegate shall serve a one-year term. A delegate may serve at most two successive one-year terms, after which at least two years must elapse before the individual is eligible to serve another term.

Voting delegate to the NomCom may not serve more than two consecutive terms.

IMPORTANT: Criteria for NomCom Delegates

The NomCom is responsible for selecting members of the ICANN Board, ALAC, ccNSO and GNSO. This is a very important function and all candidates should meet important criteria.

• Familiarity with the ICANN groups to which the NomCom appoints (Board, ALAC, GNSO, ccNSO).
  • Ability to judge people (such as when interviewing and hiring).
  • Comfortable and preferably fluent with English (listening, reading, speaking).
  • Good on-line skills such as on Google & Social media
  • Time Commitment - Must be willing to devote substantial time under tight deadlines (March-June). Will involve travel to up to 4 meetings.
  • Ability work in a group environment, standing up for what you believe in a discussion with other "strong" people, but at the same time, must be a good listener and be willing to change your mind if someone else has a good argument. Diplomacy is important.

RALOs may recommend one or more candidates to the ALAC. The appointment if NomCom delegates is carried out by the ALAC. Therefore, RALO recommendations are not binding.

Selection Schedule for 2019 ALAC Selectees from the NomCom - TBD by the NomCom

2019 AFRALO Regional Selections

PositionRole Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By

Date AcceptedStatement of InterestResultsTerm to Serve
ALAC Member (RALO)

Seun Ojedeji

Daniel NanghakaBram Fudzulani 

EOI

2019 AGM to 2021 AGM
Dave KissoondoyalTijani Ben Jemma 

EOIDave Kissoondoyal

ALAC Member

(NomCom)

Hadia Elminiawi

(Eligible for re-selection)

Abdulkarim Oloyede2019 AGM to 2021 AGM
AFRALO Chairperson

Mohamed El Bashir

Seun Ojedeji Mohamed El Bashir 

EOISeun Ojedeji 2019 AGM to 2021 AGM
AFRALO Vice-Chair

Fatimata Seye Sylla

Aziz Hilali Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong

EOIAziz Hilali 2019 AGM to 2021 AGM
Bram Fudzulaniself nominated 

EOI

ALAC Delegate to the NomComAziz Hilali 

Seun Ojedeji Daniel NanghakaDeclined

Hadia Elminiawi

See: AFRALO VOTING DELEGATE to the NomCom 2019 - 2020 RE- ELECTION

2019 AGM to 2020 AGM
Abdulkarim OloyedeDave Kissondoyal

EOI

Raymond MamattahSelf nominated 

EOI

Ines HfaiedhMondher Laabidi

EOI

Mary Uduma

Withdrew her nomination acceptance

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong

Withdrew her acceptance on 

N/A

Remmy NwekeLiz Orembo

EOI

Hadia ElminiawiSelf nomination

EOI

Titi Akinsanmi 

Candidate not retained by the Selection Committee

Dave Kissoondoyal

N/A

Isabel Odida

Candidate not retained by the Selection Committee

Self nomination

N/A

2019 APRALO Regional Selections

PositionRole Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By

Date AcceptedStatement of InterestResultsTerm to Serve
ALAC Member (RALO)

Maureen Hilyard

Maureen HilyardHolly Raiche29 April 2019SOIMaureen Hilyard by acclamation2019 AGM to 2021 AGM

ALAC Member

(NomCom)

Kaili Kan

(Appointed by the NomCom

Eligible for re-selection)

Justine Chew2019 AGM to 2021 AGM
APRALO Vice-Chair

Lianna Galstyan

Lianna GalstyanAmrita Choudhury

Lianna Galstyan2019 AGM to 2021 AGM
Aris IgnacioShreedeep Rayamajhi

ALAC Delegate to the NomComNadira Al-Araj 

Amrita Choudury

Kaili Kan/

Justine Chew

EOIAmrita Choudury 2019 AGM to 2020 AGM    

2019 EURALO Regional Selections

PositionCurrent Holder of PositionNomineeNominated ByDate Accepted

Statement of Interest

ResultsTerm to Serve

ALAC Member (RALO)

Sebastien Bachollet

Matthias HudobnikSebastien Bachollet

EOIMatthias Hudobnik by acclamation2019 AGM to 2021 AGM
EURALO Chair

Olivier Crepin Leblond

Sebastien BacholletSelf nominated 

EOISebastien Bachollet by acclamation2019 AGM - 2021 AGM
EURALO Secretary

Olawale Bakare

(Eligible for re-appointment

Olawale BakareSelf nominated 

EOI
2019 AGM - 2021 AGM
Natalia FilinaSebastien Bachollet

EOINatalia Filina
ALAC Delegate to the NomCom

Erich Schweighofer

Erich SchweighoferSebastien Bachollet

EOIErich Schweighofer 2019 AGM - 2020 AGM

2019 LACRALO Regional Selections

LACRALO Selection Timetable:

• 18 June 2019- Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.**

• 18 June – 27 June 2019 - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 9 working days).

• 5 July 2019  - Deadline for nomination acceptances

• 8 July - 10 July 2019 - Calls with the candidates if desired by LACRALO. 

• 11 July - 18 July 2019 - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline).

• 2019 AGM [ ICANN 66 ] - Newly elected ALAC Members and RALOs Leaders shall be seated at the end of the 2019 AGM following the close of the Board Meeting on 7 November 2019.

.** NOTES ON NOMINATIONS 

1. All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate and must also complete or update their Statement of Interest (see: At-Large New SOIs Workspace).
  2. No one who is currently serving on the Nominating Committee may be nominated for the ALAC. See https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-8

All Nominees shall submit a Conflicts of Interest form COI*, in accordance to LACRALO operating principles, Article 7.1 - LACRALO Members who are interested in running for leadership positions shall:

a) State that they do not have any of the following conflicts of interest, which are incompatible with LACRALO leadership positions:

• Have a close family relationship with ICANN employees (parents, siblings, spouses, partners, children);
  • Be under a financial contract with ICANN;
  • Hold leadership positions in registries, registrars, ISPs or the chambers that specifically represent these business interests;
  • Be in a decision-making position on behalf of a government (e.g. a Minister of State, Deputy Minister, Secretary, or equivalent position);
  • Act as a country representative to the GAC (or other Advisory Committees/Supporting Organizations).

b) Declare other possible conflicts of interest and explain how they will handle these conflicts once they take their leadership position in LACRALO.

CONFLICT OF INTEREST FORM : ENGLISH 

FORMULARIO CONFLICTO DE INTEREST: ESPANOL

Open Positions

Summary of Open Positions and Nominations

PositionCurrent Holder of PositionNomineeNominated ByRegional Rotation/Member Countries (TBC)Date AcceptedExpression of InterestConflict of Interest DeclarationResultsTerm to Serve

ALAC Member (RALO)

Bartlett Morgan

Sylvia Herlein Leite Vanda ScarteziniMERCOSUR (SUBREGION D) [Argentina Excluded]

Sylvia Herlein Leite -

Elected by acclamation
2019 AGM to 2021 AGM

ALAC Member

(NomCom to Select)

Ricardo Holmquist

(Eligible for re-selection by Nomcom)

TBDNANANANANACarlos Raul Gutierrez2019 AGM to 2021 AGM
LACRALO Chair

Sergio Salinas Porto

Sergio Salinas PortoLilian Luque MERCOSUR (SUBREGION D)

Sergio Salinas Porto - Elected by acclamation

2019 AGM - 2021 AGM

LACRALO Chair-Elect

The Vice Chair (Chair-Elect) has certain specific roles, is a member of the LACRALO Board of Directors and automatically becomes the LACRALO Chair after a two-year period.

Carlos LealHarold Arcos CENTRAL AMERICA (SUBREGION A)

Carlos Leal - Elected by acclamation 2019 AGM - 2021 AGM

LACRALO Secretary

Harold Arcos

(Eligible for re-appointment

Harold Arcos Vanda ScarteziniANDES (SUBREGION B)

Harold Arcos -Elected by acclamation 2019 AGM - 2021 AGM

LACRALO Secretary Elect (NEW POSITION)

The Vice Secretary (Secretary-Elect) has certain specific roles, is a member of the LACRALO Board of Directors and automatically becomes the LACRALO Secretary after a two-year period.

Kerry KerrLance Hinds CARIBBEAN (SUBREGION C)

Kerry Kerr -Elected by acclamation2019 AGM - 2021 AGM
ALAC Delegate to the NomCom

Tracy Hackshaw

Tracy Hackshaw

Bartlett 

Morgan

CARIBBEAN (SUBREGION C)

Tracy Hackshaw2019 AGM - 2020 AGM (NOTE: This is a one year term)

*Please see the LACRALO Elections, Selections and Appointments workspace for details of the LACRALO leadership positions.

NARALO 2019 Regional Selections

PositionCurrent Holder of PositionNomineeNominated ByDate Accepted

Statement of Interest

ResultsTerm to Serve

ALAC Member

(RALO)

John Laprise

John LapriseMarita Moll

Two years ago, you elected me as ALAC representative and I’m honored to have your trust. Since then, I’ve tried to live up to your expectations and those of end users in North America.  Much of my work on the ALAC these days is diplomatic. I listen a lot to other constituencies but mostly I listen to you. I try to reflect your interests and concerns in online and face to face discussions and impact the direction of ALAC decisions so that they reflect all of us in North America. My peers on the ALAC seem to think I’ve been doing a very good job. Since you elected me, the ALAC has handed me increasingly more demanding responsibilities. At the last ICANN meeting, I was vice chair for policy. Working together with Jonathan Zuck, we implemented several things that made At Large sessions more accessible and policy focused including dispensing with generic session names and adopting more detailed descriptions so participants can more easily find sessions in which they’re interested. We also issued public statements on behalf of At Large in the open forum sessions to communicate to the Board, ICANN, and other SOs and ACs what At Large was concerned with. Another part of my work as vice chair is diplomacy. Our chair, Maureen Hilliard is very busy. As vice chair I found that my breaks between meetings (and increasingly my email box) filled with people wanting to communicate and build relationships with the ALAC and At Large including NPOC, NCUC, GNSO, and all manner of subgroups. This often gives me the opportunity to provide NARALO and the NARALO secretariat with the best information about what is going on in the community.

The ALAC learning curve is steep but I have surmounted it and hit my stride. I am honored to have your trust and confidence. Please vote to re-elect me so that I can continue the work I have started making ALAC more transparent and accessible to NARALO and At Large while representing your interests faithfully and with distinction.

Sincerely,

John Laprise

2019 AGM to 2021 AGM
Jonathan ZuckAlfredo Calderon

EOIJonathan Zuck2019 AGM to 2021 AGM

NARALO

Secretariat

Glenn McKnight

Leah Symekher Susannah Gray

2019 AGM - 2021 AGM
Greg Shatan

Judith Hellerstein2019 AGM- 2021 AGM

ALAC Delegate

to the NomCom

Leah Symekher 

(NOT eligible for re-appointment
Glenn McKnight Marita Moll

Glenn McKnight 2019 AGM - 2020 AGM

ALT Members

PositionRole Previously Held By / RALO

Nominee / RALO

Nominated By (Nominations need not be seconded)

Date Accepted

Result

Term to Serve
Chair Maureen Hilyard (APRAL0) - eligible for re-appointment

Maureen Hilyard2019 AGM to 2020 AGM 
MemberTijani BEN JEMAA  (AFRALO) - eligible for re-appointment

Tijani BEN JEMAA   (AFRALO)

John Laprise

Tijani BEN JEMAA2019 AGM to 2020 AGM 
MemberSebastien Bachollet (EURALO) - not eligible for re-appointment

Joanna Kulesza (EURALO)

John Laprise

Joanna Kulesza2019 AGM to 2020 AGM 
MemberRicardo Holmquist (LACRALO)- not eligible for re-appointment

Humberto Carrasco (LACRALO)

John Laprise

Humberto Carrasco2019 AGM to 2020 AGM 
MemberJohn Laprise (NARALO)- not eligible for re-appointment

Jonathan Zuck (NARALO)

John Laprise

Jonathan Zuck2019 AGM to 2020 AGM 

Selection Schedule for 2019-2020 ALT Members

• Wednesday, 9 October 2019 -  Announcement of call for nominations

• Wednesday, 9 October 2019 - Wednesday, 23 October 2019 - Nomination period (RoPs 17.1.3: The Selection Call will allow at least fourteen days for nominations)

• Wednesday, 30 October 2019  - Deadline for nomination acceptances (RoPs 17.1.5: A nominee must send a message of acceptance to the same list on which nominations were solicited within seven days of the close of nominations.

• Thursday, 7 November 2019 - Newly elected ALT Members shall be seated at the end of the 2019 AGM

ALAC Chair

PositionRole Previously Held ByNomineeNominated ByDate AcceptedNominee StatementResultTerm to Serve
ALAC ChairMaureen Hilyard
Maureen Hilyard2019AGM - 2020AGM

ALAC Liaisons

PositionRole Previously Held ByNomineeResultTerm to Serve
ccNSO Liaison
 Barrack Otieno Barrack OtienoBarrack Otieno2019 AGM to 2020 AGM
GNSO Liaison
Cheryl Langdon-OrrCheryl Langdon-OrrCheryl Langdon-Orr2019 AGM to 2020 AGM
SSAC Liaison
Andrei KolesnikovAndrei KolesnikovAndrei Kolesnikov 2019 AGM to 2020 AGM
GAC Liasion
 Yrjö Länsipuro

Yrjö Länsipuro

Yrjö Länsipuro 2019 AGM to 2020 AGM

The ALAC Liaisons for 2019-2020 were re-appointed during ICANN66.