10:53:18 From Raymond Mamattah : Good evening from Ghana
10:53:53 From Filina Natalia : Hi all!
10:54:51 From Gunela Astbrink : HI everyone
10:55:14 From Joanna Kulesza : Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to join Alfredo and myself for this CBWG call
10:55:26 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : How are things going at the moment @Alfredo?
10:55:29 From Michelle DeSmyter : RTT Transcription link: https://www.streamtext.net/player?event=ICANN [streamtext.net] [streamtext.net]
10:55:49 From Anahí Menéndez Ruiz (AR) : Hi everyone / Hola a todos!
10:59:02 From Alfredo Calderon : Hi everyone. @Cheryl, lots of aftershocks. People sleeping in the streets, afraid of staying inside at night. Power outages are frequent.
10:59:30 From Dev Anand Teelucksingh : Hello all
11:00:15 From Filina Natalia : @Alfredo, terrible news again-(((
11:00:23 From Sonigitu Ekpe : Hello all.
11:02:39 From Heidi Ullrich : Welcome, All.
11:03:25 From Priyatosh Jana : hi everyone
11:03:29 From Heidi Ullrich : Action Items will be taken here: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Action+items%3A+2020-01-13+At-Large+Capacity+Building+Working+Group+Call
11:04:13 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : noise on the line
11:04:19 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : people talking
11:04:23 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Yes a line needs muting
11:06:02 From Vanda Scartezini : hi everyone. sorry to be bit late
11:06:37 From Michelle DeSmyter : RTT Transcription link: https://www.streamtext.net/player?event=ICANN [streamtext.net] [streamtext.net]
11:11:17 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : FYI here is an interesting article
11:11:18 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : https://internetgovernancehub.blog/2020/01/13/digital-agility-embracing-a-holistic-approach-to-digital-literacy-in-the-liberal-arts/
11:12:02 From Vanda Scartezini : thanks Glenn
11:13:17 From Ousmane TIDJANI CHERIF : Hi everyone. Thank you Mr Glenn !
11:16:00 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : Note that many of us volunteers in this committee evaluated the ICANN Learn and identified questions for the ATLAS 3 participants. Many of the courses need updating
11:17:26 From Alfredo Calderon : 13:30 session
11:18:31 From Michelle DeSmyter : https://community.icann.org/x/6pOGBg
11:18:41 From Vrikson Acosta : Greetings everyone
11:19:49 From Nadira Al Araj : Sounds good approach developing a content of online learn course based on implemented session
11:19:55 From shreedeep rayamajhi : that is really great
11:19:59 From shreedeep rayamajhi : and very practical
11:20:30 From LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE : Hello all, sorry for to be late job issues
11:21:15 From Heidi Ullrich : Post-ATLAS III Activities Workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/ATLAS3/Post-ATLAS+III+Activities
11:24:47 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : A tookkit idea
11:25:14 From Michelle DeSmyter : If you would like to follow along with the RTT today, please click on this link: https://www.streamtext.net/player?event=ICANN [streamtext.net] [streamtext.net]
11:25:52 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : So we need to look at curation of existing resources and a needs analysis for what else is required
11:26:20 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : then develop or update modify material to meet these specidic and relevant needs
11:26:42 From Heidi Ullrich : @Cheryl/All, one of the post -ATLAS III activities is for a catalogue of existing ICANN Learn courses.
11:26:53 From Heidi Ullrich : Fortunately, Betsy from ICANN Learn had one: https://community.icann.org/display/ATLAS3/Post-ATLAS+III+Activities?preview=/120821018/120821770/Current%20ICANN%20Learn%20courses%20-%2011-19.pdf
11:27:22 From Heidi Ullrich : So, this would be a good start to identifying what exists and then move on the new At-Large courses.
11:27:30 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : thanks for the link @Heidi
11:27:41 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : Much of the learning is unstructured -Just in Time learning pending the needs of the learner. The idea of mentoring is equally important
11:29:01 From Vanda Scartezini : i agree Glenn
11:29:20 From Vanda Scartezini : mentoring si the key point for learning success
11:29:29 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : along with allowing for variation in peoples 'pathway choices'of course
11:30:03 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : many roads to rome
11:30:24 From Vanda Scartezini : certainly. not everyone has the same need
11:30:40 From Joanna Kulesza : +1 Glenn
11:31:00 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : As mentioned before ARIN has a Policy shepparding process
11:31:42 From Joanna Kulesza : Would love to use that experience Glenn, thank you for for the reference
11:32:43 From Kamara Lilian : continuous mentoring would immensely help newcomer's involvement
11:34:03 From Heidi Ullrich : @Joanna/Alfredo, perhaps a roll-out strategy could be developed along with the SC on O/E and the Comms/SM group.
11:34:05 From BillBill Jouris : Perhaps it is just my own experience. But it seems to me that we have an ICANN-internal communication problem as well. That is, we don't do well communicating with people who came into ICANN outside our external outreach efforts. I, for one, was attending ICANN for a couple years before I really registered what At Large was and why I might care.
11:34:38 From Heidi Ullrich : Also, could these courses be used for f2f training during f2f meetings - esp the upcoming General Assemblies
11:35:56 From Joanna Kulesza : Good point @Bill, this is why I suggested we need to focus not only on CB and content development but also on effectively communicating our efforts. Duly noted, any suggestions and input on pushing this agenda forward are most welcome
11:37:28 From Vanda Scartezini : yes Bill your experience certainly is not unique. we had some time ago a booth for welcome where i have worked in some meetings explaining what is ALAC/ Ralos and responding all eventually question anyone had. we also were pro active. going to talk with people that had the newcomers flag when it started and before that in events and in the aisle of the meeting
11:37:43 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : We have a massive contribution with the ONboarding but why isn't been incorporated into this approach? It needs some updating
11:38:33 From Vanda Scartezini : first step is to have people aware that AT Large exist and has a mission. them start to explaining better on how to understand and why participate
11:39:05 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : The Policy platform could very easily slot into this slide, Dev
11:39:11 From Joanna Kulesza : @Dev have copyright issues to the slidedeck been discused before? Should we use a CC license?
11:39:22 From Vanda Scartezini : agree Glenn guess was the best experience with success
11:39:52 From Joanna Kulesza : The feedback I got from ICANN Comms on using ICANN resources was that there is a tradmark issue (?) - is this valid here?
11:40:03 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : What happened why this is so secret?
11:40:18 From Sarah Kiden : Having the slides helps with the issue of sending one one message (or communicating the same thing) especially when engaging with our communities locally
11:40:25 From Vanda Scartezini : what Joanna???? are we commercializing anything?
11:40:36 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : I loved this onboarding slide deck .. it could easily be updated and transferred into ICANN Learn
11:40:37 From Marita Moll : This looks good -- if it can be regularly updated.
11:41:15 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : As the policy platform changes each year, this could easily be updated in an ICANN Learn course
11:41:18 From Vanda Scartezini : no sense trademark would be an impediment. anything in ICANN may be under commons and is just the point to declare it
11:41:20 From Joanna Kulesza : I know @Vanda - got me by surprise as well;) just making sure we're not getting into any kind of trouble here
11:41:26 From Heidi Ullrich : @Joanna, I am happy to look into this issue, but would need more background. Perhaps we could sort out when we are in LA together.
11:41:38 From Joanna Kulesza : Looking forward to it Heidi!
11:42:33 From Vanda Scartezini : @heidi - guess a question to Amy in the legal can clarify this more easily and quickly
11:43:36 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : +1 @Alfredo
11:43:39 From Joanna Kulesza : for the record: Adam Peake has been great with sharing ICANN Comms resources - just coudn't get clarification on whether we're authorised to use it
11:43:50 From Gunela Astbrink : The word ‘accessible’ has a number of meanings. We need to ensure that if we reach a wider user base, that this includes persons with disability.
11:44:01 From Joanna Kulesza : So I do have the content, just not the copyright clearance
11:44:47 From Joanna Kulesza : +1 @Gunela, would be great if we could have this narrative consistently present in the ICANN dialogue. Would be happy to use your expertise here.
11:45:32 From Nadira Al Araj : Not necessary for the full group but only to those who will be developing the Learn material
11:45:44 From Alberto Soto : my internet connection is very unstable right now
11:45:45 From Gunela Astbrink : ICANN Learn content should always be accessible for persons with vision or hearing impairments or with colour blindness.
11:46:15 From Dev Anand Teelucksingh : @Joanna - re: "@Dev have copyright issues to the slidedeck been discused before? Should we use a CC license?" I'm happy with doing this as a Creative Commons so that ALSes can use as they see fit
11:46:44 From Joanna Kulesza : Perfect Dev, thank you, duly noted. CC BY?
11:46:45 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : @gunella I have mentioned the need for captioning. Its a legal requirement under US Law that learning material have captioning. This has been ignored
11:46:54 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Excellent angle @Heidi
11:47:13 From Gunela Astbrink : I’d be happy to participate in liaising with Betsy Andrews in including accessibility criteria in future
11:47:43 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : Its the 21century Telecommunication Act , I have mentioned to her a few times. Perhaps this committee should do it
11:47:50 From Gunela Astbrink : Betsy has said that new courses would have captioning. We need to make sure that this happens
11:48:08 From Heidi Ullrich : @Alfredo, would you like to invite Betsy to the next meeting?
11:48:52 From Heidi Ullrich : The courses would likely also need to have FR/ES interpretation?
11:49:01 From Joanna Kulesza : +1 Heidi
11:49:03 From Vanda Scartezini : good idea alfredo
11:49:34 From Nadira Al Araj : Yes Alfredo, since you do have these ideas you need to get these ideas into actions.
11:50:57 From Heidi Ullrich : I’ll invite Betsy to the next CBWG.
11:52:38 From Alfredo Calderon : Yes
11:54:42 From Joanna Kulesza : Thank you Dev! Sounds great. We just need to make sure we do the slidedeck justice by "advertising" it effectively.
11:54:45 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : We need to ensure that ICANN Learn becomes more accessible
11:55:09 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : But Dev our mandate is Capacity Bld not outreach and Engagement per se
11:55:50 From Glenn McKnight, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities : This is why we did the NARALO INSIGHTS video chats on specific topics for our NARALO membership. People learn when they have a need
11:55:56 From BillBill Jouris : Niy @Cjeryl, can we build capacity *without* outreach and engagement of new people?
11:56:04 From Dev Anand Teelucksingh : @Cheryl - yes, but they go hand in hand
11:56:15 From BillBill Jouris : Niy => But Sorry
11:56:37 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Yes they do go along with each other, but our subset work needs to be specific in planning and execution
11:57:10 From Heidi Ullrich : @Joanna/Alberto, should members send you their comments through the CBWG list?
11:57:19 From Heidi Ullrich : Also, should I make this an AI?
11:57:41 From Sarah Kiden : @Heidi, I agree about following up through email
11:58:38 From Joanna Kulesza : @Heidi we're looking forward to comments, would be happy to read those to better reflect community needs.
11:59:38 From Heidi Ullrich : forming a small team to advance the PD/penholder ICANN Learn course - was this clear enough in my intervention
12:00:35 From Dev Anand Teelucksingh : Perhaps create a new copy of onboarding materials for possible editors
12:00:36 From Joanna Kulesza : Is it Betsy Andrews?
12:00:37 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : Betsy Andrews
12:00:44 From Gunela Astbrink : Is that Betsy Andrews?
12:01:04 From Vanda Scartezini : thank you for this interesting and relevant meeting and action. Hope to join one or more groups . i have another meeting now and will need to leave. thanks again
12:01:05 From Joanna Kulesza : >>Perhaps create a new copy of onboarding materials for possible editors +1 Dev
12:01:24 From Vanda Scartezini : good ….ideas
12:01:29 From Filina Natalia : I will put some suggestions there
12:01:39 From Heidi Ullrich : Thanks!
12:01:46 From Filina Natalia : Thank you!
12:01:48 From Sarah Kiden : Rotate them?
12:01:48 From Joanna Kulesza : Also, suggestions for a webinar host for the PIR topic would be welcome.
12:01:50 From Gunela Astbrink : Rotate please
12:01:57 From Dev Anand Teelucksingh : I can make Joanna and Aflredo co-editors so that they can add persons to edit
12:02:02 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : Thanks everyone for being here today. Great meeting. This is a great meeting time for me :)
12:02:05 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : This has been a good kick off or introduction to our work for 2020 … Thanks everyone... lots to do in the year to come. so we need to make a plan that has prioritise... Bye for now...
12:02:08 From Vanda Scartezini : good time but rotating is normally fair
12:02:13 From Heidi Ullrich : Thanks, All
12:02:15 From Sarah Kiden : Thank you and bye
12:02:22 From Dev Anand Teelucksingh : Take care all
12:02:25 From Filina Natalia : Bye!!!
12:02:25 From Priyatosh Jana : thank you all bye bye
12:02:32 From Anahí Menéndez Ruiz (AR) : Thank all, bye

• No labels