NARALO Monthly Teleconference 

Date: Monday, 08 October 2018

Time: 19:00-20:00 UTC (for the time in various timezones click here)  

How can I participate in this meeting? 

1(800)550-6865, Teleconference EN ID: 1638

 **AC Room: https://participate.icann.org/naralo/                          


Dial Out Participants:

EN: Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Maureen Hilyard, Eduardo Diaz , Glenn McKnight, John Laprise, Marita Moll, Gordon Chillcott, Allan Skuce, Eve Edelson, George Kirikos, Jonathan Zuck, Kristin Doan, Jeremy Pesner, Bill Jouris, Judith Herrerstein,  Adrian Schmidt, Evan Leibovitch, Leas Symeker, Alfredo Calderon, Joe Capatano, Billy Gidendi, John More, 

Audio Only: Ron DeSilva, Leon Sanchez, Denise De Alcantara

Apologies:  Joey Doyle, Dana Perry, Javier Rua-Jovet. Greg Shatan, Susannah Gray, Allan Greenberg, Yubelkys Montalvo

Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Joe Catapano, Claudia Ruiz


Call Management: Claudia Ruiz


Summary Minutes:    

Action Items: EN

Recording:   EN

AC Recording: EN

AC Chat: EN    

Transcript: EN


AGENDA

1. Attendance (14/48)

This section is to record the meeting attendance.

ALS (Total 23 ::11CA/12US) - Attendance (10/23) 

#

ALS

REP

ALT

US

CA

1Pacific Community Networks Association/CAAllan Skuce (P)Bev Collins
X
2ISOC DC/USDustin PhillipsJohn More (P)X
3ISOC PR/PREduardo Díaz (P)Alfredo CalderónX
4Canadian Association for Open Source (CLUE)/CAEvan Leibovitch (P)Mathew Rice
X
5Foundation For Build. Sustainable Communities/CAGlenn McKnight (P)Robert T Bell
X
6Greater Toronto Area Linux User Group/CAGordon Chillcott (P)Scott Sullivan
X
7Association of Internet Users/US :: ALAC 2017-19John LaPrise (P)Cristina WilllardX
8ISOC NY/USGreg Shatan (A)
X
9Capital Area Globetrotters/USJudith Hellerstein (P)Le-Marie ThompsonX
10Consumers Council of Canada/CA

Kenneth L. Whitehurst

Howard Dean
X
11ISOC CO/US

Karen Mulberry 

-X
12ISOC SF/USLeah SykmekherSusannah Gray (A)X
13Native Public Media/USLoris Taylor Elyse Dempsey
X
14Telecommunities Canada/CA Marita Moll  (P)Garth Graham
X
15Communatique/CAMonique Chartrand -
X
16The IP/Tech. Section of the HI State Bar Assoc./USSeth ReissTracey OhtaX
17ISOC Quebec/CADestiny Tchehouali
Robert Castonguay
X
18ISOC Canada/CAShelley Robinson Murray McKercher 
X
19Connecting.nyc Inc./USThomas Lowenhaupt Robert PollardX
20Hispanic Educational Tech. Services (HETS)/PRYubelkys MontalvoYelixa CastroX
21Nova Scotia Community Access ProgramDana Perry (A)Erick Stackhouse
X
22At-Large North American Graduate Students/USDavid Cristian Morar  (P)Anna Cecile Loup X
23Alternatives, Inc.Michel LambertMyriam Cloutier
X

Note: Knujon decertified.

For updates please contact Evin Erdoğdu, At-Large Staff.

*P=Present

RED = Under decertification

Unaffiliated (Total 25 :: 8CA/17US) Attendance (4/25) 

#

Name

US

CA

1Adrian Schmidt (P)
X
2Alan Greenberg  (A)
X
3Daniel WrightX
4David Allnut
X
5Endrias ZewdeX
6Edward HasbrouckX
7George Kirikos (P)
X
8Javier Rúa Jovet (A)X
9Jean Armour Polly
X
10Jeongwon RyuX
11Jeremy Pesner (P)X
12Joey Doyle (A)
X
13Jonathan Zuck  (P)X
14Kristian Stout X
15Linda KaiserX
16Michelangelo De Simone
X
17Nathalie CoupetX
18Philip RighterX
19Robert Guerra
X
20Roland YarbroughX
21Thomas W CampbellX
22Thomas StruettX
23Wendy SeltzerX
24Wes Boudville X
25William Cunningham X

For updates please contact Evin Erdoğdu, At-Large Staff.

2. Approval of the Agenda & Discussion Order 

This section is to record the approval of this meeting agenda and its discussion order. (00:01/00:01)

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:01]: Agenda accepted.

3. Meeting Discussion Order 


Item

#


Discussion



Lead

Allotted Time/Running Time

041

Introductory Remarks by NARALO Chair

→: To put the meeting in perspective  and bring-up anything of general interest to the membership:

  • New in the agenda:
    1. Academic Credits
    2. ATLAS III
  • New individual members from US: Jeremy Pesner & Joey Doyle
  • EPDP (Expedited Policy Development Process) on the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data :: This an Expedited Policy Development Process to confirm, or not, the Temporary Specification as a Consensus Policy within 12 months of 25 may 2018.
  • ALS Knujon has been decertified by ALAC
  • New  US -Canada Trade agreement  

Eduardo

(00:04 / 00:05)
046

At-Large Summit III (ATLAS III)

→: To provide updates to this event which is scheduled for ICANN 66 , 2-7 November 2019 in Montreal, Canada

Olivier(00:05 / 00:10)
025

CROP FY18

→: To provide an update/report for the following CROP supported events:  

  • ARIN 41 (William)

William

(00:02 / 00:12)

042

New NARALO Members

→: To introduce new members to the region

  • Jeremy Pesner (US)
  • Joey Doyle (CA) (introduction delayed until November)

Jeremy


(00:03 / 00:15)
017

NARALO Outreach Group Update Report

→: To provide a summary of the NARALO Outreach Group efforts since our last call

  • ALS Alternatives certification update
  • Knujon decertification
  • Individual Members removal
  • Updates for IGF, ICANN63 and other events
  • Reminder of CROP trips for FY19
  • Other
Glenn(00:10 / 00:25)
044

North America Stakeholder Engagement

→: To provide an update report on North America Stakeholder Engagement efforts

  • Notes on the Roundtable event in DC
  • Other current and future engagements
  • Things of interest to our region happening in ICANN Org

Chris

Joe

(00:5/ 00:30)
045

Academic Credits

→:To work on ways that we could possibly exchange academic credit for students who participate in ICANN policy development processes

Chris

Yubelkys

David

(00:05 / 00:35)
046

SWebinar :: New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Subsequent PDP

→: Short presentation on the Initial Report on the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Policy Development Process (Overarching Issues & Work Tracks 1-4)

  • What is this?
  • What did ALAC do different this time to comment on this policy?
  • Why is this important to the end-users? 
    • Overview of the ALAC comments
  • Questions and Answers
Jonathan(00:35 / 00:60)

if we can get to them.....

043

Social Media Update Report

→: To report on the At-Large Social Media Working Group (SoMe) and NARALO required efforts to support this initiative

  • What is the strategy for At-Large? For RALOs? for NARALO?
  • What are timelines for implementation?
Susannah
028

NARALO Policy Group Update Report

→: To provide an update report by the head of the Policy Group as to the ICANN policies being discussed at the moment affecting NARALO end-users and/or interest to NARALO members in general

Jonathan



029

NARALO Education Group Update Report

→: To provide provide an update report by the head of the Educational Group since our last call.

Alfredo

026

NARALO ALAC members Update Reports

→: To provide a summary by our current NARALO representatives in ALAC of what was discussed since our last meeting in ALAC regarding policy and anything else that the region should be aware about.

Javier

John L.

Alan


-

Any Other Business (AOB)

-
-Next meeting: 12 November 2018 @19:00 UTC--

*(allowed time/running time)


4. Current Discussions (→= current meeting date)

This section is for discussions that have been carried forward to this meeting


ITEM 017: NARALO Outreach Group Update Report

LEAD: Glenn McKnight

OPEN: 20 Nov 2017, CLOSED:

TYPE: General

DESCRIPTION: To provide a summary of the NARALO Outreach Group efforts since our last call.

12 February 2018 [Recording: 42]  Report given. Please refer to recording/transcript fro more details. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting

14 March [Recording: 50:00]  Update given. Talked about strategic plan. Various testimonials given about outreach efforts. Example given: ICANN read outs, ARIN meetings and IGF Geneva. No action item generated. [Decision]:  Carry forward to next meeting

09 april [Recording: 29 & 50 ]  William suggested that we put forward an effort to reach out to what are called HBCU, historically black colleges and universities, starting at Howard University in Washington DC. (see more details Page 16 in the transcript). Glenn provided and updated report on outreach efforts during ICANN 61 in Puerto Rico. please refer to page 25 in the transcript for more details. [Decision]: Chris Mondini and William to get on the phone or meet in DC to continue this discussion. 

14 May [Recording: --]   Not in agenda for this meeting. [Decision]:  Carry forward to next meeting

11June [Recording: 40:25]  Glenn reported. Please read specifics in the transcript page 22. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting

10 September [Recording: 36:00] Report given. Transcript excerpt:"So, again, we have two tools. We have CROP which is three trips that ICANN has been generous enough to support. Plus we have discretionary funding." Check transcript starting in page #21 for more details. [Decision]:  Carry Forward to next meeting. 

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:XX]:

ITEM 025: CROP FY18

LEAD: Eduardo Diaz

OPEN: 12 February 2018, CLOSED: 

TYPE: [Outreach]

DESCRIPTION: To provide an update/report for the following events: Digital Inclusion  (Glenn), RigthsCon (Judith) and ARIN 41 (William)

12 February 2018 [Recording: 38] Report given. Refer to recording/transcript for details. [Decision]: Recommend to close.

14 March [Recording: 10:00]  Program was explained. There may be about $4K o discretionary money that can be used fro this next year. No action item generated. [Decision]: Recommend to keep in the agenda to inform allocation of the two last spots in this program

09 april [Recording: 25] William (WC) mentioned that his trip to the ARIN is more strategic in comparison to the GA trip to New Orleans and that he is looking forward to help out. Glenn sent to WC brochures and materials to help with the outreach.  Glenn also mentioned that he is going to attend The Digital Inclusion in Cleveland and Judith the RigthsCon in Toronto where she is going to be one of panelist as the At-Large Global Indigenous Ambassador program. Read more details in the transcripts (page 12) [Decision]: ACTION ITEM: William, Glenn and Judith to prepare to work with Evin and Mario from staff to make sure that all the activities are posted on at-large social media, Twitter, Facebook. Also, to provide short written reports to staff to start documenting all of these activities and some of the achievements.

14 May [Recording: 30:35]  Running out of time at this moment of the agenda.   [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting as first item in the agenda.

11June [Recording: 3:34]  Glenn and Judith reported. Glenn RigthsCon leads: Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) & First Nations doing libraries throughout the Midwest. Judith RigthsCon leads: not specific leads but mentioned that she is following up with some of them. William's report pending. Final specifics about FY19 CROP still pending. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

09 July [Recording: 28:57]  Glenn RightsCon leads: Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) working on getting their application in soon. Glenn Digital inclusion leads: First Nations doing libraries throughout the Midwest. Judith RightsCon leads: couple Canadian and US non-profits, William's report pending [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

13 August [Recording: 4:00]: New ALSs application by ALTERANTIVE was outreached during the DNS symposium in Montreal which was a CROP sponsored event attended by Glenn. William's report pending. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

10 September [Recording: 02:00] William's report pending. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:XX]:

ITEM 026:  NARALO ALAC Members Update Reports

LEAD: Javier Rúa, John Laprise & Alan Greenberg

OPEN: 09 April 2018, CLOSED: 

TYPE: [Policy]

DESCRIPTION: To provide a summary by our current NARALO representatives in ALAC of what was discussed since our last meeting in ALAC regarding policy and anything else that the region should be aware about.

09 april [Recording: 3:00 ]  Javier Rúa gave a summary of the Work Track 5” of the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP Working Group. Alan mentioned statements already put out by ALAC fro GDPR Implementation, Fellowship Program and KSK Rollover. ALAC is currently looking for input on a proposal model made by the Intellectual Property Constituency (IP) and Business Constituency for accreditation and authorization on WhoIs data and on the replenishment of the ICANN financial reserve. Please check out the Policy Page in the links provided below. [Decision]: Action item for staff: Summarize what the policy issues are and send it out to the list as quickly as possible.

14 May [Recording: 12:04 ]  Alan provided a brief report about GDPR , NomCom Review, CCWG on Accountability Work Stream #2 (coming up)  and GNSO on New gTLD (coming up) [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

11June [Recording: 29:42] No reports given. [Decision]: Carry Forward to next meeting

13 August [Recording: 17:00]: Reports provided by Alan  and Javier. See transcript page 10 and 15 to see details. [Decision]: Carry Forward to next meeting

→ 10 September [Recording: 46:50]  Report given by John Laprise. Transcript excerpt : "As was mentioned, the KSK rollover is moving ahead, so that will happen before the next ICANN meeting. In addition, the Policy Working Group is getting up and running. Jonathan Zuck [inaudible] there. We’ve got review implementation which is also kicking off as well as ongoing work with new gTLDs and GDPR. The accelerated technical specs that are being under review which is another area of a lot of concern and conversation." Check transcript starting in page #26 for more details. [Decision]:  Carry Forward to next meeting.

8 October [Recording: XX:XX]:


ITEM 028: NARALO Policy Group Update Report

LEAD: Jonathan Zuck 

OPEN: 09 April 2018, CLOSED:

TYPE: [Policy]

DESCRIPTION: To provide an update report by the head of the Policy Group as to the ICANN policies being discussed at the moment affecting NARALO end-users and/or interest to NARALO members in general

09 april [Recording: 51] This group is looking for volunteers. Jonathan suggested to focus in the following topics: Disposition of Action Funds, Universal Acceptance and Name Collisions. Please refer to page 26 of the transcript for more details about these.  [Decision]: ACTION ITEM: Ask for volunteers for this group. Carry forward to next meeting.

14 May [Recording: --]   Not in agenda for this meeting. [Decision]:  Carry forward to next meeting

11June [Recording: 43:03] Mentioned that the biggest think is that Subsequent Procedures Working Group is going to be delivering its interim report shortly after Panama. Also discussions about charitable outcome associated with O.com and finally GDPR. More specifics on page 23 in the transcript. [Decision]: Carry Forward to next meeting

13 August [Recording: 22:00]:  from the transcript page 14 : "we identify the issues, we’re trying as a group to identify what matters to end users and also what we think our position should be. But at that point, we’ll then need people to participate in drafting that section of our response. So we are interested in more people being engaged to do some writing on a particular question because there are so many questions to answer"  [Decision]:Carry Forward to next meeting

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:XX]:

ITEM 029: NARALO Education Group Update Report

LEAD: Alfredo Calderon

OPEN: 09 April 2018, CLOSED:

TYPE: [Policy]

DESCRIPTION: This discussion item is for providing an update report by the head of the Educational Group.

09 april [Recording: --]  For the May meeting, Jonathan Zuck will discuss "Universal Acceptance" as part of the SWebinar series. Future topics must align with ICANN's mission, therefore, the Policy & Hot Topics must be reviewed if a SWebinar is to be organized. It seems reasonable to consider Pollicy Comments as a point of reference. We are aware that in some instances the timeframe will be a limitation when Public comments before our monthly meetings. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

14 May [Recording: 45:00 ]   Presentation given by Jonathan on Intelectual Property Constituency (IPC) / Business Constituency (BC) Accreditation & Access Model for Non-Public Data. Please see details in transcript starting on page #30. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

11June [Recording: 47:05]  No report given. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

9 July:  Jonathan Zuck will discuss "Universal Acceptance" as part of the SWebinar series. Basic information available here. Seeking volunteers to do SWebinars for upcomming meetings. Topics must be related to ICANN's mission and pressing issues that might entice commenting by the  RALO.

→ 10 September [Recording: 44:00] Report given. Transcript excerpt : "I sent out an e-mail through the education group to gather topics that we feel that we should have a short webinar in the coming meetings, keeping in mind that if they are really related with some policy that is out there for comment and it’s time-sensitive, we’re going to give priority to those." Check transcript starting in page #25 for more details. [Decision]:  Carry Forward to next meeting.

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:XX]:


ITEM 041: Introductory Remarks by NARALO Chair

LEAD: Eduardo Díaz

OPEN: 10 September 2018, CLOSED:

TYPE: General

DESCRIPTION: To put the meeting in perspective  and bring-up anything of general interest to the membership.

→ 10 September [Recording: 01:41]  Overview given.  Check transcript starting in page #2 for more details. [Decision]:  Carry Forward to next meeting.

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:XX]:



ITEM 042: New NARALO Members

LEAD: George Kirikos & Joey Doyle

OPEN: [open date], CLOSED:

TYPE: Outreach

DESCRIPTION: To introduce new members to the region

→ 10 September [Recording: 05:50]  George Kirikos introduced himself. From transcript : "I’ve been [using the Internet] for a very long time. Way back, well, I guess when I was in school, we used the Commodore PETs in grade 7. So that got me hooked on computers. I was an early user of bulletin board systems, which obviously then transformed into Internet and AOL and things like that way back in the early 80s." Check transcript starting in page #4 for more details. - Check transcript starting in page #4 for more details. Joey was not available for this call. Will try to confirm him for our next call. Alfredo introduced two NA fellows that will be participating in ICANN63 as fellows. These were Michael Casadevall and Janos Szurdi. Check transcript starting in page #6 for more details. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:XX]:


ITEM 043: Social Media Update Report

LEAD: Susannah Gray 

OPEN: 10 Sept 2018CLOSED:

TYPE: Outreach

DESCRIPTION: To report on the At-Large Social Media Working Group (SoMe) and NARALO required efforts to support this initiative

→ 10 September [Recording: 28:30] Report given. Transcript excerpt: "The thing I guess at this point we’re really looking from NARALO as some additional volunteers from the community to be on point if NARALO-related social media. As I put in the chat, if you’re interested, please contact me or one of the staff on this call or Evin. And we’ll put your name in the hat, and we’ll get busy. We have a lot of work to do." Transcript excerpt by Alfredo asking for #hashtags : "...if it’s possible to have an action item where we, as NARALO, can make a list of all the hashtags of all the ALSes that we have in our region so that we can monitor what activities they are doing, I and Susannah, as the social media leaders, can funnel that information so that At-Large can have access to it in a timely formal manner." Check transcript starting in page #17 for more details [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:XX]:


ITEM 044: North America Stakeholder Engagement

LEAD: Chris Mondini & Joe Catapano

OPEN: 10 September 2018, CLOSED:

TYPE: General

DESCRIPTION: To provide an update report on North America Stakeholder Engagement efforts

→ 10 September [Recording: 16:31]  Report given. Transcript excerpt: "We are also working with two universities, the University of California in Los Angeles and also Arizona State University and also the University of Colorado, to work on ways that we could possibly exchange academic credit for students who participate in policy development processes or have some other ICANN policy development advancing role. So we are talking to them actively." Yubelkys Montalvo from HETS was very interesting in helping with this effort. Check transcript starting in page #10 for more details. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:XX]:

ITEM 046: SWebinar :: Work Ahead to meet the Implementation Review

LEAD: Allan Greenberg and Cheryl Langdon-Orr

OPEN: 8 October 2018, CLOSED: 8 October 2018

TYPE: Education

DESCRIPTION: Short presentation on the Initial Report on the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Policy Development Process (Overarching Issues & Work Tracks 1-4)


          • What is this?
          • What did ALAC do different this time to comment on this policy?
          • Why is this important to the end-users? 
            • Overview of the ALAC comments

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:XX] 

5. New Discussions (→= current meeting date)

This section is for new discussions in the agenda for this meeting


ITEM 047: Academic Credits

LEAD: Chris Mondini

LEAD COLLABORATORS: Yubelkys Montalvo (Universities) & David Morar (Students)

OPEN: 10 September 2018, CLOSED:

TYPE: General

DESCRIPTION: To work on ways that we could possibly exchange academic credit for students who participate in ICANN policy development processes

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:XX] : 



ITEM 048: [ATLAS III]


LEAD: Olivier Crepin-Leblond


OPEN: 8 October 2018 CLOSED:


TYPE: General


DESCRIPTION: To provide updates to this event which is scheduled for ICANN 66 , 2-7 November 2019 in Montreal, Canada

→ 8 October [Recording: XX:XX] : 

6. Any Other Business (AOB)

This section is for any new discussions not in the agenda for this meeting.

ITEM 049*: [Item title here]

LEAD: [name]

OPEN: [open date], CLOSED:

TYPE: [General], [Policy], [Education], [Outreach]

DESCRIPTION: [Brief description]



*Use this format. The number shown is the next in the sequence of discussions. Update every meeting if necessary.




---0---


Supporting Material

General:


Policy:


Statements approved by the ALAC

Initial Report on the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Policy Development Process (Overarching Issues & Work Tracks 1-4) 

While the ALAC and wider At-Large community continue to debate the actual benefits to communities in expanding the New gTLD Program, they acknowledge that the Program will likely continue to be expanded in one form or another. In this respect, the ALAC put on record their responses, suggestions and in some cases, advocacy, to the preliminary recommendations and questions as posed by the GNSO New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP Working Group in its Initial Report, from the perspective of and benefit to Internet end users At-Large. The ALAC highlighted key consensus positions on the 86-page statement, including: Concept of "Rounds", Community Applications and Community Priority Evaluation, Metrics, Public Interest Commitments, Applicant Support Program, IDNs, Universal Acceptance, SSAC Research and Recommendations, Objections, and High Standards for Applicants.

Recommendations for Managing IDN Variant Top-Level Domains
The ALAC believes the main challenge while integrating IDN variant top-level domains is to balance positive user experience while ensuring the security, stability and manageability of the DNS. The ALAC provided advice on (4) questions posed by ICANN regarding the issue, and in general believes strict adherence to the Root Zone LGRs are the most appropriate way of arriving at IDN variant labels.

IPC/BC Accreditation & Access Model for Non-Public Data v1.7 Note: Not a formal ICANN Public Comment.
The ALAC understands that tiered access is the most probable solution to ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), yet it has serious concerns as to the structure of this proposed model. The ALAC recommends a three-dimensional access model of accreditation: 1) identity of the petitioner; 2) determining the petitioner’s purpose; and 3) requesting information on how they will use that data. The ALAC feels these considerations towards the access model will propel the ICANN community further towards a reliable and trusted domain name system (DNS).

Draft ICANN Africa Strategic Plan 2016-2020 Version 3.0
The ALAC recommended (1) an increased number of African ICANN staff to be seriously considered in the Draft Africa Strategic Plan; (2) involving more African participation in strategy planning and implementation; (3) local capacity building; (4) increased representation of African stakeholders in the SOs and ACs in addition to the ALAC and GAC. The ALAC also noted criteria for implementation should be further developed, and offered collaboration with the African community in At-Large.

Statements in process - DraftingComment or Vote

Comment ICANN Seeking Community Feedback on Proposed Unified Access Model  
Penholder(s): Gregory Shatan

Vote Next Steps on Reviews  
Penholder(s): 
 Alan Greenberg

Drafting Proposed gTLD-Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Profile 
Penholder(s): Joanna KuleszaJonathan Zuck

Drafting Registration Directory Service (RDS-WHOIS2) Review Team Draft Report of Recommendations 
Penholder(s): TBC 

Drafting Draft PTI and IANA FY20 Operating Plan and Budgets  
Penholder(s): 
TBC

Statements that seem to be stalled

None

Public Comment requests to which the ALAC decided not to submit Statements

New Public Comment requests to which the ALAC needs to make decisions

Upcoming Public Comment Requests

October

    • Competition, Consumer Trust & Consumer Choice Review Team – Final Report
    • Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC) 2 Review: Draft Report and Recommendations
    • Implementation of Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Program
    • Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Policy Status Report
    • Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information Policy Draft
    • New gTLD Auction Proceeds Cross Community Working Group (CCWG) – Initial Report
    • Final Recommendations for Managing the IDN Variant Top-Level Domains
    • Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data Expedited Policy Development Process (EPDP) Initial Report
    • Proposal for Sinhala Script Root Zone Label Generation Rules (LGR)

November

    • Renewal of the .INFO Registry Agreement
    • Renewal of the .ORG Registry Agreement
    • Renewal of the .AERO Sponsorship Agreement
    • ICANN 5-year Strategic Plan for FY21-25
    • Initial Report on the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Policy Development Process (Work Track 5 – Geographic Names at the Top-Level)

Education:

Outreach:

NARALO FY19 Outreach and Engagement Strategic plan

Community Regional Outreach Program (CROP)-FY18 Home

At-Large Social Media Working Group




  • No labels