(Note: On the first conference call on 29 May 2014, it was decided to change the name of the At-Large Curation WG to the At-Large Social Media WG)
The At-Large Social Media Working Group aims to raise awareness of the ICANN At-Large community and enhance end-users’ engagement with the community by developing a strong and sustainable presence on social media. The At-Large Social Media WG, in close coordination with At-Large Staff, is mainly tasked with implementing the Social Media Strategy for At-Large (https://community.icann.org/x/lBcQAg).
Since the WG wasn't officially established until the ALAC addresses the issue during its Monthly call at the end of May 2014, an interim At-Large Curation WG was formed and functioning during the month of May, implementing the Social Media Strategy.
Dev Anand Teelucksingh accepted Olivier Crépin-Leblond’s request for him to take on the position of Interim Chair. After the WG was officially charters, members agreed on the continuation of his Chair position. As of July 2017, incoming ALAC Member John Laprise now serves as Co-chair with Dev.
Some of the tasks for the At-Large Social Media WG include:
- Create templates for 'fluid content’ (e.g. messages from ALAC-Announce mailing list);
- Plan and draft required quantity of ‘static content’ during each work period (e.g. background information about the people and work of the community);
- Provide live coverage of ICANN meetings and events on social media;
- Facilitate cross-community interactions via social media;
- Monitor and analyze social media Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a regular basis;
- Assess additional digital channels for potential expansion;
- Develop best practice and organization knowledge in social media management.
At-Large Social Media WG members should have some knowledge and experience in social media communications. At-Large Social Media WG Members should be from all regions with at least one member from each following group:
- ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach (https://community.icann.org/x/cqfbAQ)
- At-Large Capacity Building Working Group (https://community.icann.org/x/1Ic3Ag)
- At-Large Technology Task Force Working Group (https://community.icann.org/x/FpfbAQ)
- Each Regional At-Large Organization
Members will work collaboratively and handle a variety of tasks in a rotational basis. However, only the At-Large Staff can directly publish content through the At-Large accounts on social media channels, as those accounts are official representations of the organization and the At-Large staff are accountable for quality control, consistency of messaging, and reputation management.
Staff Support Lead: Ariel Liang
Mail list: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe to the mailing list (or read the archives / manage your subscription) please visit https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/social-media-wg
The members of At-Large Social Media WG, organized by regional affiliation, are:
|Region||Member||Position||Membership Confirmation*||ICANN Meeting & Regional Event Volunteer History|
|LACRALO||Juan Manuel Rojas||Member|
|LACRALO||Jose Ovidio Salgueiro||Member|
|LACRALO||Maria Paola Perez||Member|
|AFRALO||Seun Ojedeji||Member||ICANN55, AIS 2016|
|AFRALO||Beran Dondeh Gillen||Member||ICANN55|
|AFRALO||Imrane Ahmat Souleymane||Member||ICANN55|
|AFRALO||Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong||Member||ICANN55|
|AFRALO||Daniel Khauka Nanghaka||Member||AIS 2016|
|EURALO||Olivier Crepin-Leblond||Member||ICANN55, WSIS Forum 2016, EuroDIG 2016|
|ICANN NextGen||June Tessy||Member||ICANN57|
*Co-chair John Laprise asked members to confirm current status in July 2017. Those with have confirmed.
Next call: 21 September 2017
- ATLAS II Recommendations to be implemented by Social Media WG
- At-Large Social Media Collaboration Tools & Methods
- Draft At-Large Social Media Strategy 24-April-2014 With Notes