Date: Thursday, 27 October 2022
Time: 18:00 - 19:30 UTC (for the time in various time zones click here)
How can I participate in this meeting?
ADIGO Conf ID Please note - change in connection details: for all languages, dial into the Adigo line, press 1638 and the Adigo operator will ask you which language channel you prefer and transfer you to the appropriate language channel.
EN, ES, FR: 1638
Zoom Room: https://icann.zoom.us/j/96703625528?pwd=SE42OUVhekdDQlBjRmRRS04yakhsQT09/ Password: OFBC#12345
Action Items: EN
Zoom Recording: EN
Recording : EN, ES
Zoom Chat: EN
Transcription: EN, ES
Chair: Holly Raiche
Advisor: Maureen Hilyard (apology)
AFRALO: Aziz Hilali, Dave Kissoondoyal
APRALO: Satish Babu (apology)
EURALO: Sébastien Bachollet, Matthias Hudobnik
LACRALO: Harold Arcos, Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
NARALO: Judith Hellerstein, Javier Rúa-Jovet
EN: A. Anand, Aris Ignacio, Bill Jouris, Bukola Oronti, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Daniel Nanghaka, Dave Kissoondoyal, Denise Hochbaum, Eduardo Diaz, Hadia El Miniawi, Holly Raiche, Jonathan Zuck, Judith Hellerstein, Laura Margolis, Lavish Mawuena Mensah, Marita Moll, Mouloud Khelif, Naveed Bin Rais, Raymond Mamattah, Ricardo Holmquist, Sebastien Bachollet, Sivasubramanian Muthasamy
Apologies: Satish Babu, Vanda Scartezini, Maureen Hilyard
Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Claudia Ruiz, Michelle DeSmyter
ES Interpreters: Paula & Claudia
Call Management: Michelle DeSmyter
1. Roll call - Staff (2 mins)
2. Overview of the meeting - Holly Raiche, Chair of the OFB-WG (3 mins)
3. Open public comments - Holly Raiche, Chair of the OFB-WG (5 mins)
Open Public Comments for Decision and Review
- Pilot Holistic Review Draft Terms of Reference | EXTENDED: 10 November 2022 OFB-WG
- Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency Charter Amendments | Close: 14 November 2022 OFB-WG
- Proposed Updates to the GNSO Operating Procedures | EXTENDED: 14 November 2022 OFB-WG
- Draft IANA and PTI FY24 Operating Plan and Budgets | EXTENDED: 17 November 2022 OFB-WG
- Initial Report on the Second CSC Effectiveness Review | EXTENDED: 1 December 2022 OFB-WG
4. Brief updates on Public Comment Statements - Holly Raiche (10 mins)
a. ALAC Statement on the Draft IANA and PTI FY24 Operating Plan and Budgets - Ricardo Holmquist (5 mins)
b. ALAC statement on the Initial Report on the Second CSC Effectiveness Review and Next Steps- Holly Raiche (5 mins) (presentation)
5. FY24 Additional Budget Request Process - At-Large and ICANN Processes and Key Dates - Heidi Ullrich, ICANN org (15 mins)
a. Introduction to Additional Budget Requests (ABRs)
- The Additional Budget Request (ABR) process is part of the annual ICANN Operating Plan and Budget (OP&B) planning cycle.
- Requests reflect potential ICANN community activities that are not already included in the annual ICANN OP&B.
b. At-Large Process for ABRS
See: At-Large FY24 Budget Development Workspace
i. At-Large Working Groups
- Finance and Budget Sub-Committee (FBSC) - The principal task of the FBSC is the coordination of annual additional budget requests from the ALAC and RALOs, to go into the yearly ICANN budget.
- Operations, Finance and Budget Working Group (OFB-WG) - The FBSC is supported in its work by the OFB-WG.
ii. Review of Process and Milestones
c. New in FY24:
- Forms to use: Word version to prepare your request; New Online form to submit your request once approved by the FBSC
- RALO requests should be strategic and in line with their region's Strategic Plan and the RALO's strategic outreach plans and At-Large Priority Activities and must be endorsed by their RALO and the relevant GSE Regional Vice President prior to being submitted for consideration by the FBSC.
- ICANN FY24 ABR Workspace
- Community webinar on 8 December
- Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
6. The Role of the FBSC Members and Interaction with the OFB-WG and Discussion - Jonathan Zuck, Chair of the FBSC and the ALAC Chair and Holly Raiche, Chair of the OFB-WG (10 mins)
7. Next Steps - Holly Raiche (5 mins)