Terri Agnew: (12/9/2015 05:08) Welcome to the At-Large Capacity Building Program-2015: Twelfth Webinar on the Topic: At-Large Website and Glossary  on Wednesday, 09 December 2015 at 13:00 UTC

Terri Agnew: (05:08) wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/S4ZlAw

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (06:58) hi all

Antonio Medina Gomez: (06:58) hi all

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (06:59) Hello

India Team: (06:59) Hi All

Alberto Soto -IIISI: (07:00) Hola a todos, hello all!

Vanda SCARTEZINI: (07:00) hi all

Vanda SCARTEZINI: (07:00) i am just at adobe room

Alfredo Calderon: (07:01) Hello to everyone from ISOC - Puerto Rico.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (07:02) Hello everyone

Ali AlMeshal: (07:04) hello

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (07:04) Both, background noise and volume is low, Tom

Vanda SCARTEZINI: (07:05) clear olivier

Amal Al-saqqaf/ISOC-Yemen: (07:05) hello

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (07:06) Tijani's voice is too far, but probably only for me

Vanda SCARTEZINI: (07:07) for me it is quite difficult to understand Tijani

Ali AlMeshal: (07:08) the voice not clear

Nadira Alaraj: (07:08) Tijani's voice is breaking

Alfredo Calderon: (07:08) Can hardly understand :-(

Maureen Hilyard: (07:08) Tijani is very difficult to hear

Amal Al-saqqaf/ISOC-Yemen: (07:08) yes

Alfredo Calderon: (07:09) Yes

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (07:09) we can see the screen

Amal Al-saqqaf/ISOC-Yemen: (07:09) yes

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (07:09) yes, I can see your screen

Kaili Kan: (07:17) No sound.  And my dial-out still has not come yet.

Terri Agnew: (07:18) @Kaili, I have sent you a private adobe chat

Ariel Liang: (07:23) This is the URL of the Beta site: https://newatlarge.icann.org/

Glenn McKnight: (07:23) Please provide  link so I can review it on Android

Glenn McKnight: (07:23) thanks

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (07:23) https://newatlarge.icann.org/

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (07:26) i like the simplicity of the website

Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ): (07:26) Too bad I may have to leave now. my device  is discharging fast and ye power  bank is not helping

Glenn McKnight: (07:27) Do we have  twitter and  Facebook  feeds into the site?

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (07:27) oh Nkem, we shall miss you

Amal Al-saqqaf/ISOC-Yemen: (07:28) no voice

Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ): (07:28) @Laura good job. Thanks

Terri Agnew: (07:29) Nkem, recordings will be available on the wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/S4ZlAw

Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ): (07:30) @Daniel i shall keep on until it goes off. i will miss you too if it fails me

Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ): (07:31) @ Terri  thanks for the information

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (07:33) As a FYI, there is a wiki page about At-Large Calendar - it has details on how to subscribe to the calendar using different calendaring applications on desktop and mobile devices: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Calendar

Laura Bengford: (07:38) @Glenn, yes the social media feeds will appear at the top left.  They have not yet been added.

Nadira Alaraj: (07:38) This topic and working groups is great addition

Laura Bengford: (07:38) THank you Nkem!

Glenn McKnight: (07:39) @laura  on the working groups  please contact  Maurreen to see the two ebooks  that we  crreated based upon the webinars

Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ): (07:40) Great great great presentation

Laura Bengford: (07:40) @Glenn, okay sounds like some good resources to highlight

Glenn McKnight: (07:41) @Ariel  can you use a current  picture for  NARALO

Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ): (07:42) Miss you  all and rest of the discussion.  bye

Laura Bengford: (07:42) bye Nkem

Nadira Alaraj: (07:42) Wow, this status bar of documents & policies in grogress is very handy

Glenn McKnight: (07:42) @laura  this  page https://newatlarge.icann.org/view_about_pdf      goes  to blank and only a  pdf

Glenn McKnight: (07:43) Suggestions:   Some time of  urgency notice  on policies  that  which  require  community feedback 

Laura Bengford: (07:43) Yes, we can evolve the About area over time. 

Glenn McKnight: (07:44) Perhaps  it should have  the content on the page not just a download

Harold Arcos: (07:44) Status bar that is great

Laura Bengford: (07:44) We are in the process of moving translated policy advice and news over so those will appear in each of the sections before we launch also.

Laura Bengford: (07:44) It is part of our content migration

Glenn McKnight: (07:45) The problem is the PDF  doesn't have clickable linkss   after you download you need to type in the URLs to slideshows  etc

Maureen Hilyard: (07:45) I am assuming that for a statement that has been completed, the activity section will state ALAC voting results and any followup on statements

Glenn McKnight: (07:45) Perhaps  a  HTML embedded image

Laura Bengford: (07:46) Ah, I see Glenn.  We are also reviewing this PDF for Accessibility with Simply Accessible. 

Glenn McKnight: (07:47) Suggestion on Policy section

Antonio Medina Gomez: (07:47) estas declaraciones y comentarios estarán solamente disponibles en inglés?

Amal Al-saqqaf/ISOC-Yemen: (07:47) +1 Maureen

Laura Bengford: (07:48) @Maureen, the voting will link to the voting process Big Pulse I think

Glenn McKnight: (07:48) Perhaps  a abstract on the policy ie. history and relevance  for the newcomers

Laura Bengford: (07:48) @Antonio, the translations will come, they are in progress with content migration

Maureen Hilyard: (07:49) @Laura.. I think that one of the things that our ALSes ask is what happens after our statements have been presented by ALAC

Antonio Medina Gomez: (07:49) perfecto...muchas gracias

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (07:49) we are experiencing loadshedding

Glenn McKnight: (07:49) Question on  policy section as to  newcomers  needs to ask question on the policies

Juan Manuel Rojas: (07:50) That was my observation on Wiki..

Glenn McKnight: (07:50) @Laura  can  we  add  metatags  for the ALS's  besides  their  location

Glenn McKnight: (07:51) Add the  ALS   Facebook and Twittter

Glenn McKnight: (07:52) The  yellow in  Naralo  is  still hard to read

Vanda SCARTEZINI: (07:52) LACRALO have really growth last years

Jeff Salem: (07:53) @Glenn re: yellow, we have designed a fix that has not been implemented yet - you'll see this fixed next time we share

Glenn McKnight: (07:54) @Jeff  we  mentioned  that  last  month at the  NARALO  meeting.  Also  please replace the picture with a current  leadership

Lianna Galstyan: (07:55) Hello everyone! Sorry for being so late, I had another meeting.

Glenn McKnight: (07:58) Can the SkYPE  discussion thread  be added? 

Jimmy Schulz: (07:58) sorry for being late...

Glenn McKnight: (07:58) The discussion thread and SKYPE  chat are two areas  that  are active discussions

vanda SCARTEZINI: (08:01) back

Laura Bengford: (08:07) @Maureen that is a good question about where the advice goes.  We do have a link to public comment but perhaps that is something to think about.

Laura Bengford: (08:08) @Glenn, we could look at metatags for ALSs probably post launch thought

Siranush Vardanyan: (08:09) interesting questions, especially where we can find answers:)

Maureen Hilyard: (08:11) +1 Siranush

Glenn McKnight: (08:11) Yes,  the knowledgebase is important

Maureen Hilyard: (08:12) @Jeff  this is an important page.. I like it

Laura Bengford: (08:14) @Siranush good point.  And the new website might encourage more questions to be answered

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2: (08:15) and also asked

Amal Al-saqqaf/ ISOC-Yemen: (08:15) Great job new at-large website team! It' very obvious how much effort you exerted to develop a really good and efficient helpful website . Thank you for this webinar too! I had to go , my connection will get down now. Bye

Siranush Vardanyan: (08:15) @Laura: agree

Maureen Hilyard: (08:16) It highlights the importance of a team of people working on an activity that is important to our ALSes and other potential volunteers to learn about ICANN - I am referring to ICANN Learn which is an important tool for learning for our At-Large community but has a team of ONE.

Ariel Liang: (08:28) @Glenn - re current picture of NARALO, please provide me the photo and text so that I can update that for you

Alfredo Calderon: (08:29) I have to leave for another meeting. Great Webinar. Very detailed and informative. Thanks to staff for the fabulous work done.

Siranush Vardanyan: (08:30) great webinar indeed

Nadira Alaraj: (08:30) Thank you I loved this pop up to clear the acrynoyms

vanda SCARTEZINI: (08:31) really good presentation and very good work . the website is really great from my point of view

Ariel Liang: (08:31) https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Beta+Feedback

Nadira Alaraj: (08:32) Just quick comment there is no direct link from https://newatlarge.icann.org/ to ICANN.org on Main page

Laura Bengford: (08:32) We are anticipating completion in Q1, mostly depending on content migration and translation

Nadira Alaraj: (08:34) Thank you all for this useful webinar and great work and the upcoming library expets. see you in another webinar

Glenn McKnight: (08:35) Testing site on Android ,  the  content goes to unclickable  PDF's 

Glenn McKnight: (08:35) All the links should be activated

Glenn McKnight: (08:35) Suggest using  Epub for these documents

Laura Bengford: (08:36) @glenn I'll reach out on the testing. I don't think we scheduled a time yet to do this?

Glenn McKnight: (08:36) Yes,  i have my graphic and webperson on the call

Laura Bengford: (08:37) Also curious was there some work done on PDF Accessibility done by the tech taskforce? I was wanting to link Simply Accessible to this effort

Harold Arcos: (08:37) Apologies, should I turn off the PC. I'll stay connected cell phone.

Heidi Ullrich: (08:37) We could link it to the ICANN get started page (at least in part).

Glenn McKnight: (08:38) Nope  but a good  question. My point is that  the PDF's  downloaded as  Olivier stated are not practical on a phone since they don't hyperlink

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (08:38) I canno tunderstand Ariel

Heidi Ullrich: (08:38) that page will be developing shortly

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (08:38) Am I the only person here with this problem?

Lianna Galstyan: (08:38) no, I have the same sound problem

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (08:38) Unfortunately, Ariel, your sound is distorted

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (08:38) now better

Glenn McKnight: (08:38) When you download a pdf on a phone without links is not practical

Ali AlMeshal: (08:39) thank you for this very useful and informative  presentation.  will have to leave now. bye

Laura Bengford: (08:39) @Glenn will look into PDF links, thank you.

Glenn McKnight: (08:39) I sent my questions by email

Siranush Vardanyan: (08:40) thank you again and bye for now

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (08:40) I have some ideas, I'll post them to the wiki page

Heidi Ullrich: (08:40) Thanks very much to all involved!

Laura Bengford: (08:40) Thanks Dev.

Ariel Liang: (08:40) sorry about the audio problem

Maureen Hilyard: (08:40) Thank you Team.. excellent presentation and the website looks great - very informative and interesting

Alberto Soto -IIISI: (08:40) Thanks, excellent work!!

Laura Bengford: (08:40) Thank you all for joining today's webinar!

Lianna Galstyan: (08:40) Thanks a lot, very informative!

Ariel Liang: (08:40) - re Get Involved: We can link out to the Beginner's Guide while the page is under construction

India Team: (08:41) Thank you all

Ariel Liang: (08:41) - Re policy advice: We can show the ones that are under ALAC consideration as well

Maureen Hilyard: (08:41) @ Ariel.. good idea.. perhaps there should be a link going there afterwards as well?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (08:42) Re: the "Get Involved" section - I would like to forward the mockup to the Outreach and Engagement SC for inputs

Ariel Liang: (08:43) @Maureen - I will talk with you offline re your comment

Glenn McKnight: (08:43) Thanks  to the India Team( Names unknown)

Maureen Hilyard: (08:43) @Ariel.. sure

Ariel Liang: (08:43) thank you all for the comments. we will check with you individually after the webinar in case we didn't get a chance to answer during the webinar

Lianna Galstyan: (08:44) thank you and bye

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (08:44) Thanks everyone !

Maureen Hilyard: (08:44) Bye all

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (08:44) Take care all

Jimmy Schulz: (08:44) bye all

Ariel Liang: (08:44) thank you all for your time and contributions!

• No labels