Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement on Marrakech Activities on Tuesday, 19 January 2016 at 18:00 UTC
  Yesim Nazlar:Agenda : https://community.icann.org/x/zZxlAw
  Maureen Hilyard:hi Yesim. waiting for a dialout
  Siranush Vardanyan:hi, Yesim and Maureen
  Yesim Nazlar:Hi Siranush!
  Yesim Nazlar:Hi Maureen, they'll be dialing out to you soon
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Siranush... we meet again... first two here.
  Maureen Hilyard:APRALO rules!
  Siranush Vardanyan:as usual almost, Maureen:)
  Maureen Hilyard:not counting Yesim - she's got to open the door to let us in :)
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Yaovi - you are a little quiet on he audio
  Maureen Hilyard:the audio..
  Yaovi Atohoun:I am asking ADIGO to call me if possible
  Yaovi Atohoun:on my phone
  Maureen Hilyard:We had terrible problems on the capacity building call yesterday
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Wolf
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi waiting for dial-out
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:  Hi Yaouvi
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Cheryl:  Hello and happy new year
  Glenn McKnight:is  Daniel on the  phone
  Glenn McKnight:What about  Aziz
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, We are just coming off an AFRALO Showcase call,
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:DIAL_Out to me ??
  Gisella Gruber:Aziz is joining very shortly
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Or I can just use the AC  and type to chat
  Glenn McKnight:Who is the target group for Outreach.  What is  the deliverables?
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Aziz
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi Aziz
  Wolf Ludwig:May be each RALO has to define its own target group?
  Aziz:Hi Maureen
  Aziz:Hi Cheryl
  Yaovi Atohoun:Apologies from Baher and Pierre
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:So  No dial out  to me?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Obviously I have to go back to individually confrming all my dial outs...  *sigh*  SOrry Dave
  Heidi Ullrich:Yaovi from GSE is on the call
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:AFRALO Outreach Workspace : https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/AFRALO+Outreach+Event+Workspace
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG:Hello ALL et bonsoir à tous
  Maureen Hilyard:We re getting an echo..
  Gisella Gruber:Please mute your speakers if you are on the Adobe Connect and the audio line
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:mute if you are not speacking please
  Glenn McKnight:complete  noise now
  Glenn McKnight:can't hear him
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG:waohhhhhhh
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Ohh Dear
  Glenn McKnight:stopped
  Maureen Hilyard:I thought that that noise was from my end...
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/AFRALO+Outreach+Event+Workspace
  Maureen Hilyard:@Heidi, that sounds great to be able to support the students
  vanda:sorry to be late. I am at airport so will be mute due the high noise.
  Tanzanica King:These are great ideas, but not so sure we can fit an additional 60-70 people in the rooms we have NextGen and Fellows scheduled in.
  Yaovi Atohoun:It may also be good to make remote participation available to students from these uniiversities who could not attend !!!
  Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ):Can't hear Yaovi properly
  Janice Lange:I cannot get the Adigo line to stay on
  Janice Lange:keeps dropping me
  Yaovi Atohoun:it was not Yaovi
  Heidi Ullrich:@Tanzanica, good point. Could you please let us know the room size? We could do a sign up sheet perhaps
  Glenn McKnight:How many students?
  Glenn McKnight:They did a greeter/sheppard  beyond  Janice since she is already busy with the Fellows
  Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ):audio is poor
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Nkem:  Audio good from my end
  Tanzanica King:at the moment we can barely fit them in the room.  No extra seats.  We received over 100 forms overnight so I'm still shuffling things around.
  Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ):@ Yaovi  it's not from my end either
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Ohh Tanzi   !!!    Quite a challenge!
  Tanzanica King:Nothing but FUN Cheryl!
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Nkem: sorry for that
  Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ):Thanks
  Heidi Ullrich:It would need to be Monday morning. They receive two days and one night.
  Glenn McKnight:Can someone  place an agenda for the students in the centre panel
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup
  Yaovi Atohoun:@GLeen:  +1
  Glenn McKnight:Do we have a  list of duties so peole can volunteer
  Heidi Ullrich:@Aziz, do the University of Rabat students speak EN?
  Maureen Hilyard:Could there be a workspace estabished so that Aziz can put up his ideas that we can all help to coordinate
  Glenn McKnight:i suggest creating a  TRELLO  project  management  timeline and duties
  Glenn McKnight:www.trello.com
  Tanzanica King:No issues with seats in the main room sessions, but will have to work on anything in other rooms
  Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ):Th The plans for the students  is a great idea. What plans do we have for the media whose place is it to reach the larger audience as they will need training or orientation to cover the meetings
  Heidi Ullrich:two days and one night
  Glenn McKnight:Again, can someone post the  agenda  what the students will be doing which meetings  etc.  Perhaps  the female students can attend the DNS and Women if the meeting times are good
  Maureen Hilyard:The RAbat students will miss the DNS Women's breakfast, unless they get themselves to the meeting early Monday morning
  Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, the exact agenda is to be developed .
  Glenn McKnight:We need to know their  activites  so  ALAC  volunteers  can be involved
  Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, the students have limited EN. The At-Large members working with them would need to be FR speakers
  Maureen Hilyard: What is Aziz's view of the split programme?
  Heidi Ullrich:The AFRALO/Africann event is on Tuesday as well.
  Heidi Ullrich:It was agreed last week that we would provide the University of Students links to ICANN Learn courses and other material to learn about ICANN
  Bartlett Morgan:Hello all... had some problems getting into the room. Sorry for being late
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome Bartlett!
  Glenn McKnight:I understand the  students  are coming but not clear what the  Outreach and  Engagement Committee  will be doing especially on tuesday
  Maureen Hilyard:But as university students their  involvement in the next Gen activities were also considered an important apect  - limiting student involve ment to Tuesday afternoon session negates the real benefits of gaining young local prospects which was also an objective
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree Maureen
  Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms) 2:Thanks @Gleen
  Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms) 2:@Maureen, good observation +1
  Janice Lange:NextGen MAY be morning sessions fyi and space for ppl all depends on conference room space available
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG:So local University is Cadi Ayyad University
  Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms) 2:@Aziz, do we have idea the hall accommodation for this event
  Glenn McKnight:Aziz please  ask what help you want from us.  it's  still unclear what you expect from out  Working  group
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG:@Janice good idea
  Deborah Escalera:NextGen is scheduled for morning sesssions only
  Janice Lange:From outside perspective - and with a passion towards Outreach - I think true Outreach to the Universities is more bang for the buck then bussing in and out and agree with Tijani on the experience point of view
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG:ok @Deborah
  Alan Greenberg:Transwerring experieince from one meeting to another will be interesting given that will likely be different people (due to language issues).
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed Alan
  Heidi Ullrich:@All, we can easily arrange the logistics of this! Remember how we had everyone move to the events at the Summit ?
  Heidi Ullrich:Flawless!
  Heidi Ullrich:Please note that we have created a workspace for the Outreach day and the materials : https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/AFRALO+Outreach+Event+Workspace
  Aziz:when you want to talk about the place will be the meeting say PGP
  Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ):The meeting has to be property planned for
  Aziz:Palmeraie Golf Palace
  Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ):The media  has to be  properly planned for
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:of course they are   and where eis the collaboration offored  in the CS outreach??
  Glenn McKnight:I am sure the Media is organized
  Maureen Hilyard:Has an invitation gone out to encourage current and potential ALS engagement ?
  Glenn McKnight:this  is  why Daniel  needed to be on the call to discuss their  ALS  outreach efforts
  Glenn McKnight:If we are looking at  metrics  the  outreach needs to measured
  Maureen Hilyard:And won't registration be obligatory for anyone coming into the venue?
  Tanzanica King:yes
  Bartlett Morgan:biweekly seems more practical but I am open to all options
  Tanzanica King:government issued photo id will be required at registration as well.
  Yaovi Atohoun:What time are the students from Rabat leaving Marrakech on Tuesday to go back home? Please consider ths when finalizing the agenda
  Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms) 2:@Tanzanuca, that means we may need to get their mode of registration also for our team that will be visiting the venue.
  Glenn McKnight:i assume they leave in the evening to return home
  Alan Greenberg:Need to leave now.
  Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ):Every Tuesday is ok by me
  Tanzanica King:@Remmy, pre-registration online will make the process much smoother for all.
  Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms) 2:@Tanzanica That will be good then or onsite
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye for now then talk again soon...
  Yaovi Atohoun:bye
  Nkem Nweke  (DigitalSENSE Africa Media ):Bye  all
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All
  Siranush Vardanyan:good call. bye all
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Bye all
  Tanzanica King:by all
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG:THANKS
  Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms) 2:thanks everyone
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG:BYE
  Bartlett Morgan:goodbye all
  vanda:thank you, looks we made a progress today.

• No labels