ALAC Monthly Teleconference
Meeting Number: AL.ALAC/CC.0910/1
Date: Tuesday, 28 September
Time: 1400 - 1530 UTC
(For the time in various timezones click here)
Adobe Connect Meeting Room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/alac09to122010/
Interpretation Available: Yes (EN, FR, ES - Simultaneous)
Who is on the dial-out list for this call?
ALAC Participants: Cheryl Langdon-Orr, ALan Greenberg, Sebastien Bachollet, Gareth Shearman
RALO Participants and Liaisons: , Adam Peake, Beau Brendler, Carlos Aguirre, Dave Kissoondoyal, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Evan Leibovitch, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Sylvia Herlein, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Carlton Samuels
Apologies: Hawa Diakite, Patrick Vande Walle, Vivek
Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Seth Greene, Gisella Gruber-White
Interpreters: Maya: Spanish, Tisha: French
Action Items: EN, FR, ES
Adopted Motions: EN, FR, ES
Chat: 28 September 2010 Chat
Summary Minutes: EN
DRAFT A G E N D A
I. Standing Agenda Items (20 - 25 min)
1. Adoption of the Agenda – Call for Any Other Business or Other amendments (2 mins)
2. Roll Call Apologies from Members, if any (1 min)
II. Items for Decision
3. Review of At-Large Policy Advice Development Schedule for Authors and Deadlines (20-25 mins) Carlton and Cheryl
Click here for all currently open public consultations.
a. Rec 6 CWG Final Report
For Information: [Rec6 CWG Report- 21 Sept 2010-Final1.pdf|https://st.icann.org/data/workspaces/alac/attachments/28_september_2010:20100924011024-0-4326/original/Rec6%20CWG%20Report-%2021%20Sept%202010-Final%5B1%5D.pdf] ;Public Comment Announcement(deadline 22 October 2010)
The ExCom decided on 15 September to prepare an ALAC comment on the Rec6 CWG final report. Alan Greenberg was requested to draft an initial statement.
i. Review of draft ALAC statement on the Rec6 CWG final report
ii. Input from RALOs, ALSes and individuals to ALAC statement
- Which method does the ALAC wish to use to encourage input from the RALOs, ALSes and individuals?
- Does the ALAC wish to incorporate the regional input into the ALAC statement as contributory or stand-alone comments?
b. Currently Open Public Comments
i. The ALAC Executive Committee has reviewed the following currently open public comments
- FY 11 Update to Plan for Enhancing Internet Security, Stability and Resiliency(ends 13 October 2010) - The ExCom requested a 15 day extension.
- Privacy Proxy Registration Services Study Report(ends 28 October 10) - The ExCom would like to wait to see the results of the Whois studies currently being worked on, including: the Misuse study and the Privacy and Property Abuse study
ii. The following open public consultations are not presently scheduled for an At-Large response, would the ALAC like these public comments topics to be added to the Policy Advice Development Calendar?
- Numbers and Hyphens in .NAME Domain Names(ends 16 October 10)
4. Review of the Summary Minutes and Action Items from the 24 August 2010 ALAC Meeting (3 mins)
5. Review of Current ALS Applications (3 mins)
a. Update on status of application of Binary Egypt: [(139) Binary Egypt PDF, 49 KB
b. Update on the status of the application of IPAC: 142-Information Policy Analytical Center (IPAC).pdf
c. Update on the status of the application from Forum des Cadres Scientifiques pour le Développement (FORCAS): 143 - FORCAS (Forum des Cadres Scientifiques pour le Développement) (2).pdf
d. Update on the status of the application from ISOC Peru: 144 - ISOC PE.pdf
e. New application from Red Internacional de Diseño enREDo: 145 - ENREDO-ES.pdf
6. Reports (5-10 minutes)
a. Liaison Reports
Note: There will be no discussion of liaison reports during the meeting; these links are by way of information only. Any Liaison who wishes a discussion to take place on an item related to their brief, or has an item for which a decision is required, is to use this wiki to edit the sections under Items for Decision, or Items for Discussion, as relevant, in advance of the meeting,or raise an item for Any Other Business at the START of the meeting, BEFORE adoption of the agenda.
c. Working Group Reports
Note: The Chair formalized her request during the 22 October 2009 meeting for the Officers of the At-Large Working Groups to submit monthly reports.There will be no discussion of Working Group reports during the meeting; these links are by way of information only. Any At-Large Working Group Officer who wishes a discussion to take place on an item related to their brief, or has an item for which a decision is required, is to use this wiki to edit the sections under Items for Decision, or Items for Discussion, as relevant, in advance of the meeting,or raise an item for Any Other Business at the START of the meeting, BEFORE adoption of the agenda.
Standing Working Groups
At-Large Engagement in ICANN: ( Main Wiki Page )
Future Structure, Accountability and Transparency of ICANN: ( Main Wiki Page )
New gTLDs: (Main Wiki Page)
Technical Issues: ( Main Wiki Page )
IDN Policy: ( List of IDN Liaison reports )
At-Large Registrants Rights and Responsibilities: ( Main Wiki Page )
The discussion of an Aspirational Registrant Rights Charter was discussed during the 37th ICANN Meeting.
Whois Policy: ( Main Wiki Page )
Joint GNSO-ALAC Working GroupsJoint GNSO-ALAC RAA Related WG activities - click here for joint GNSO-ALAC RAA-related workspace. Update on Working Group A (Registrant Rights Charter)
ii. Update on Working Group B (Additional Amendments to the RAA)
Ad-Hoc Working Groups
At-Large Name Issues Taskforce: ( Main Wiki Page )
c. RALO Reports:Note: The Chair formalized her request during the 22 October 2009 meeting for the Secretariats of the RALOs to submit monthly reports.
There will be no discussion of RALO reports during the meeting; these links are by way of information only.AFRALO (AFRALO workspace)
APRALO (APRALO workspace)
EURALO (EURALO workspace)
LACRALO (LACRALO Workspace)
NARALO: (NARALO Workspace)
II. New Business
Items For Discussion
7. At-Large Director Selection Process - BCEC Update (10 mins) Cheryl
8. Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD Applicant Support - Update (10 mins) Carlos and Evan
For Information:Excerpt Draft Final Report New gTLD Applicant Support
9. Feedback from Special Board Retreat on New gTLDs (10 mins) Vanda
For information: Adopted Resolutions
a. Vertical Integration
b. Rec6 CWG
Items for Information
10. Transition from Social Text to Confluence - Update on Status of Migration (5 mins) Staff
Click here to access the Confluence wiki: http://community.icann.org
11. Update At-Large Improvements - Status of Work Teams (5 mins) Staff
For reference: ALAC/At-Large Improvements Implementation Workspace
12. Results of At-Large Regional Elections (5 mins)
Click here for the At-Large Elections 2010 workspace
13. Any Other Business - (5-10 mins) Cheryl
I don't see an item for the Cartagena meeting?
We need to discuss the extension of the meeting on Saturday prior to the "official" meeting.
contributed by Sebastien Bachollet on Sep 28 3:15am