Claudia Ruiz:Welcome to the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement Call on Monday, 20 August 2018 17:00 UTC

Claudia Ruiz:https://community.icann.org/x/bBRpBQ

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hello

Daniel K. Nanghaka:Hello Jana

Daniel K. Nanghaka:Hello Tijani

Priyatosh Jana:hi Daniel

Daniel K. Nanghaka:Welcome to the Monthly Call

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hi Daniel and all

Adrian Schmidt:Hello! Thanks!

Adrian Schmidt:Good day to everyone!

Ali AlMeshal:Hello everyone

Priyatosh Jana:hello everyone

Alfredo Calderon:Hello to all!

Alfredo Calderon:Hi Adrian!

Adrian Schmidt:Hola Alfredo!

Montresor KONAN:Hello everyone

Maritza Aguero:Hiiii

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Hi

Lilian De Luque:Hi

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Ohh Dear

Adrian Schmidt:That's a lot of eco...

Siranush Vardanyan:hi everyone

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:someone is speaking

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):looping

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome!

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:i am muted till needed

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:no echo now

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yes there is

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:yes but I keep on hearing this "yeah" yeah yeah

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:LOL

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:lol

Ejikeme Egbuogu:Good evening everbody

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:this is like a broken record :-)

Alfredo Calderon:What !!! Do we have gremlins on this call?

Ejikeme Egbuogu:*everybody*

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):We seem to

Maritza Aguero:Gremlins hahaha @Alfredo!

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Its  1 pm for me here in Oshawa

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Started at 6 am with Satish on the 3rd School of  IG

Adrian Schmidt:Hi Glenn

Michel TCHONANG LINZE:Hi all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Hi

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Hey  Adrian

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:@Adrian did they decide who got the  ARIN fellowship?

Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, the agenda has been updated. Please refresh your agenda page at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/2018-08-20+ALAC+Subcommittee+on+Outreach+and+Engagement

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Thanks  Heidi

Lilian De Luque:thanks Heidi

Maritza Aguero:Thank you @Heidi

Isaac Maposa:Hi Everyone

Priyatosh Jana:thanks Heidi

Alfredo Calderon:Still hearing a Daniel repeating his self.

Fatimata:Hello everyone

Daniel K. Nanghaka:Can I just use the AC

Heidi Ullrich:Congratulations to all the new SC on O/E co-Chairs!!

Claudia Ruiz:Welcome Sara Kiden

Maureen Hilyard:A great Leadership team

judith hellerstein:congrats everyone

Fatimata:Thanks All

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Some one keeps  saying thank you

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:It's the recording of the loop.

Lilian De Luque:congrants all the new co-chairs

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:before it was "yeah yeah yeah" :-)

Heidi Ullrich:New page to add comments to the draft SC on O/E strategy see: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Sub-Committee+on+Outreach+and+Engagement+-+Strategy+Plan

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:It sounds like  Elvis  Presley when he finished his  show'  Thank  you, thank you very much...

Heidi Ullrich:This is NOT the same as the RALO outreach strategies.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):it is a very polite loop though

Claudia Ruiz:Welcome Eranga Samararathna

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Tijani  hand is up

Fatimata:I can't hear anymore

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:i can still hear  Daniel

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):same here

Eranga Samararathna:Thanks Claudia

Fatimata:I can now

Heidi Ullrich:@David, what is the deadline for comments to the draft SC on O/E strategy?

Heidi Ullrich:The organigram/organizational chart is in the Google doc at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1eLWtFDtIcCzr3PPBNtXmZq-2DtAtuHZS4FXBalsCNOJ4Y_edit&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=6pGx_yoMvtWwzz0nCfPaY5b0pQ5PwJHxWRyLKTgENxg&s=HTrB1rIeRWV6i-eE0mpi2B3hsEAU2MrZUD0eMPEiexs&e=

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:We need to set a time. I assume we will do a face to face meeting in Barcelona

Claudia Ruiz:Welcome Sarah Kiden

judith hellerstein:hi Sarah and others

Alfredo Calderon:+1 to a Face-to-face in Barcelona.

Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, a meeting of the SC on O/E is being scheduled for ICANN 63.

Heidi Ullrich:90 mins I believe.

Alfredo Calderon:Great news, @Heidi.

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:At large review  items

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Items #5 & #12 (related)Uneven contribution of At-Large to a coordinated ICANN strategy for ‘Outreach andEngagement’. Missed opportunities for coordination with other constituencies and ICANN staff.

Lilian De Luque:will be great

Sarah Kiden:Hi everyone. Sorry I'm late. My connection failed me today

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:# 7Excessive amounts of At -Large Community time spent on process and procedure at expense of ALAC’s mandated responsibilities to produce policy advice and coordinate outreach and engagement activities.Too many internal working groups are a distraction.

Lilian De Luque:hi Sara!

Ali AlMeshal:yes

Fatimata:yes

Heidi Ullrich:The Google doc is posted at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Sub-Committee+on+Outreach+and+Engagement+-+Strategy+Plan

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:#13Need more systematic RALO participation in regional events

Lianna Galstyan:Hi everyone.

Maritza Aguero:Does the google doc is going to be opened for comments?

Heidi Ullrich:If you have any questions on the CROP for CROP or GSE staff, please post at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Community+Regional+Outreach+Program+%28CROP%29+FAQs

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Thanks 

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Its important to hve  timelines

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:nope

Heidi Ullrich:Deadline for comments on the draft Strategy: 3 September

Heidi Ullrich:Deadline for comments on the draft Strategy: 3 September

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The TTF description : "The At-Large Technology Taskforce (TTF) evaluates and reviews different technologies and tools that can help the ICANN At-Large Community (including the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) communicate, collaborate and accomplish their goals and objectives for ICANN activities. These tools range from chat tools, web conferencing tools, captioning to anything that will help Individual Internet users become active in the At-Large Community. Technology provides the tools that enable people to connect, collaborate, and work towards making the world more accessible, enabling the benefits of the Internet to be available to all."

Fatimata:Thanks Heidi

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Thanks for the question though Glenn any indicators on costs and ease of implementation of this SC's recomendations that we are making will also be very useful for the ARIWG to further process

judith hellerstein:I am on two calls at the same time taking a page out of Cheryl's schedule

Fatimata:I have serious connectivity issues today

Heidi Ullrich:The only two completed strategy plans staff have received are from EURALO and NARALO.

Alfredo Calderon:Echo...

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:too much echo

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:no idea what he said

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:lots of echo from tijani

Fatimata:I have to attend another call in 3mns

Maritza Aguero:What is the deadline for completing the RALO strategies?

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:I think it was Aug 5

Ali AlMeshal:APRALO is ready as well

Maritza Aguero:one week from today @Daniel?

Maritza Aguero:Noted please tat the cochairs have being reciently selected please...

Maritza Aguero:lots of noise sorry

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Also, without a strategy approved by the RALO, and approved for GSE, no CROP regional proposals can be submitted

Maritza Aguero:@Dev: Agree!

Fatimata:thanks Dev

Maureen Hilyard:It is unfortunate that the CROP or GSE team were not available, so that RALOs could confirm what they might include into their strategies

Sarah Kiden:Who are the Co-Chairs from other RALOs? I know AFRALO and now NARALO

judith hellerstein:people can submit trips but they will not be approved until GSE approves the outreach strategy

Maureen Hilyard:@Sarah the co-Chairs are listed in the agenda

Isaac Maposa:@Sarah they are listed on the Introduction section of Agenda

Sarah Kiden:Let me check. Thanks @Maureen!

Heidi Ullrich:@Sarah: AFRALO - Fatimata Seye SyllaAPRALO - Ali Al MeshalEURALO- Matthias M. HudobnikLACRALO - Maritza AgüeroNARALO - Glenn McKnight

Sarah Kiden:Thank you, Heidi!

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Ali..

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Thanks Ali,   be great to see this resent to satff to ensure it is officially received now

Sarah Kiden:Question:  (From Ali's update) - Can we now use CROP for IGF? I remember previously it was no. Or did this change?

Heidi Ullrich:See Maureen's blog from her participation in meetings in Vanuatu: https://community.icann.org/display/CRALO/Asia+Pacific+Regional+Internet+Governance+Forum+APrIGF

Matthias Hudobnik:can nobody hear me

Ali AlMeshal:@Sarah , No if it is not in your region

Maureen Hilyard:@Matthias.. sorry I couldn't hear you

Lianna Galstyan:so, for the upcoming 2 years the IGF will be in Europe

Sarah Kiden:@Lianna, that's why I was asking

Matthias Hudobnik:@maureen can we try it again

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:So two questions re: CROP I've added to https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Community+Regional+Outreach+Program+%28CROP%29+FAQs :

Heidi Ullrich:@Matthias, we are working with Adigo to unmute you.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:1) CROP FY19 specifies that proposals can only be for trip to an ICANN Public Meeting or official ICANN-organized meeting. Can a list of upcoming FY19 ICANN organised meetings be provided and examples of ICANN organised meetings in FY19 ? 2) To confirm, since IGFs (national or regional) aren't organised by ICANN, an interpretation is that CROP proposal to attend national or regional IGFs are not allowed. Is this so?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Thanks Heidi... be good to have that blog page linked to the right reporting pages for future record... It was an excellent event  (I attended remotely)

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Thanks

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:I will speak about the  IFF Booth Nov 11- 14

Heidi Ullrich:RE ICANN 63, a table will be provided with the following materials: Here is what we provide for complementary:•            6-ft Table with Skirt•      2 Chairs•             Power Connection•        1 Screen Monitor•                Presentation Laptop•    Laptop Stand (TBC)•       1 Trash Can•      Pull-up Banner space behind the table

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:IGF Booth  Nov  12-14  No day Zero

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:i Ill make up a flyer of the list of speakers.  Need update on who is attending IGF PARIS

Heidi Ullrich:At-Large at IGF workspace at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Outreach+Activities+at+IGF+2018+Paris

Heidi Ullrich:This includes a sign up page for the booth.

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+ICANN63+Booth+Sign-up+Sheet

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Heidi it needs a table  for people to volunteer

Maureen Hilyard:Thank you Matthias - interesting activities.

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:How about  ATLARGE Pins?

Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, yes, there will be pins :)

Heidi Ullrich:Keep in mind this will be the 20th anniversary of ICANN

Daniel K. Nanghaka:That is great - its going to be big

Heidi Ullrich:Perhaps the co-chairs could follow up with people from their region.

Matthias Hudobnik:@maureen you are welcome

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:I need details to make a flyer  for the session

Glenn McKnight-NARALO:no audio

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):he is in the AC and was in the audio bridge earlier on

Heidi Ullrich:Perhaps a welcome back could be prepared to respond to people who show interest at booths

Heidi Ullrich:Sorry - Welcome Pack

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Yessss Heidi

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):LOL

Heidi Ullrich:That happens to me more than I care to admit!

Siranush Vardanyan:please, note that Saturday we have Newcomers Day from 10:00-15:00 and all new Fellows and NextGenners will be at the Newcomers Day - just FYI for planning purposes

Alfredo Calderon:@Siranush, important point.

Alfredo Calderon:If Saturday is chosen, we will not have these newcomers and Fellows available.

Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, Olivier

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:@Alfredo: why are we not going to have newcomers and fellows?

Alfredo Calderon:@Olivier, with proposed schedule you mentioned that issue will be taken careof.

Maureen Hilyard:Yes, It will be possible if, as you say, to start at 15.15 on Saturday then work towards the cocktail event..

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Good idea to put newcomers in front and "oldtimers" in back

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:@Alfredo - thanks!

Alfredo Calderon:@Siranush, can a large enough room be used to after our session use it for NCSG & ALAC?

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:@Alfredo --- genius idea! Yes! We could take over from the Newcommers day after a short break! That could be super

Siranush Vardanyan:Just FYI as well, we also will hold Fellowship Social gathering on Saturday from 18:30-20:00, so you can join this networking event right after At-Large/NCSG outreach activities

Siranush Vardanyan:@Alfredo - this will depends on how Meetings Team will plan, I am not aware of rooms availabilities

Heidi Ullrich:We could also invite any EURALO members as there will be a virtual EURALO GA

Marita Moll:Sorry, have to leave. Bye all

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:@Heidi - invitations will be sent all around. But the Virtual EURALO GA is all separate.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:and definitely not on that day

Maureen Hilyard:Bye Marita

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:For the record, I think that ending someone to an ICANN meeting using CROP is a complete waste of money.

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Olivier

Eranga Samararathna:Bye all

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:That's just my view. And a view I have heard from several people in EURALO.

Alfredo Calderon:Bye to all.

Isaac Maposa:Thanks

Sarah Kiden:Thank you everyone

Ali AlMeshal:thanks all

Daniel K. Nanghaka:Bye

Adrian Schmidt:bye!

Siranush Vardanyan:thanks all, bye

Ejikeme Egbuogu:bye all

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all

Lianna Galstyan:thanks all and bye

Maritza Aguero:byee

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Bye