Date: Monday, 08 July 2019

Time: 17:00 - 18:00 UTC  (For the time in various timezones click here)

Meeting Number: 0719/1

How can I participate in this meeting? 

Conference ID: EN 1638

Zoom Link:


EN: John Laprise, Ejikeme Egbuogu, Vrikson Acosta, Antonio Medina Gomez, Daniel Nanghaka, Dave Kissoondoyal, Glenn McKnight, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Lianna Galstyan, Ajani Oluwaseun Sanjo, Lilian Ivette De Luque, Jahangir Hossain, Priyatosh Jana, Harold Arcos, David Mackey, Ben Kyemba, Haroun Mahamat Cherif, Mohammad Kawsar Uddin

Apologies: Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong, Joan Katambi, Alfredo Calderon

Staff:  Evin Erdoğdu, Claudia Ruiz

Call Management: Claudia Ruiz

Action Items: EN 

Zoom Chat: EN

Recording: EN

Transcript: EN


RALO Leads
AFRALO - Sarah Kiden, Bram Fudzulani, Wisdom Donkor, Montrésor Konan, Joan Katambi, Ejikeme Egbuogu 
APRALO - Lianna Galstyan, Amrita Choudhury
EURALO - Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Wale Bakare, Yrjö Lansipuro, Oksana Prykhodko
LACRALO - Lilian Ivette De Luque Bruges
NARALO - Susannah Gray, Alfredo Calderon

  1. Roll Call - Staff (2 mins)
  2. Agenda Overview and Action Items: 12 June - John Laprise, SMWG Chair (3 mins)
  3. Debrief and Follow Up from ICANN65 Universal Acceptance (UA) Activation Pilot - John Laprise (30 mins)
    1. See: ICANN65 At-Large Universal Acceptance (UA) Kickoff on Wednesday, 26 June from 08:30-10:15 (local time)
    2. See: Universal Acceptance Activation Pilot workspace
    3. See: RALO Tracking Pages for UA Pilot (new)
    4. Actions for SMWG Members: Visit to access all UA documents and presentations; register for UASG discussion list to hear about progress on UA.
  4. Debrief of ICANN65 and Action Items - John Laprise & Evin Erdoğdu (20 mins)

Copy of AIs related to SMWG / UA Pilot:

  • Evin ErdogduJohn Lapriseto share the contacts of the UASG presenters with the SMWG / At-Large RALO leaders. Presenters requested the RALO leaders share the link in the presentation.
  • Heidi Ullrich / Silvia Vivanco to put UASG Ambassadors in each region in touch with RALO leaders.
  • Silvia Vivanco to work with RALO leadership to make UASG a standing agenda item during RALO Monthly calls, starting after ICANN65.
  • John Laprise requested RALO leaders introduce themselves to the UASG in the room before the end of the meeting.
  • Noted by Amrita Choudhurythat there are potential UASG funds for traveling / outreach / awareness on the topic. Heidi Ullrichto communicate this to Cyrus and his team.
  • John Laprise to provide an update to the ALAC on the status of UASG pilot in a few months, before ICANN66.
  • Jonathan Zuck and Maureen Hilyard requested the RALO leaders / ALSes publish a blog on the UASG.
  • Evin Erdogdu to contact Edmon Chungto follow up on dotAsia's existing UA material for use by At-Large SMWG. Edmon requested staff / John Laprise email for resources.
  • Ajay Data to send UASG resources to John Laprise.
  • Evin Erdogdu to create RALO AI tracking pages for UASG pilot one week after ICANN65.
  1. Action items Summary - John Laprise and Evin Erdoğdu (3 mins)
  2. AOB - John Laprise and Evin Erdoğdu (2 mins)
    1. Post-ICANN65 Policy Report soon to be published
  • No labels