Andrea Glandon:Welcome to the Finance and Budget Subcommittee Working Group Call held on Monday, 03 December 2018 at 18:00 UTC.
  Andrea Glandon:Wiki Agenda Page: https://community.icann.org/x/owbuBQ
  Evin Erdogdu:Hello all
  Ali AlMeshal:hi everyone 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Hi all
  Wale Bakare:Hi all. Good morning/afternoon/evening
  Ricardo Holmquist:Good day everyone
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Welcome to the 2018-2019 introductory call! 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3)::-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):OCL is here on audio
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):no one (as in Member) for NARALO
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):NARALO: Glenn McKnight, Marita Moll
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):FBSC MembersChair: Maureen HilyardAFRALO: Sarah Kiden, Tijani Ben JemaaAPRALO: Ali AlMeshal, Holly RaicheEURALO: Bastiaan Goslings, Wale BakareLACRALO: Harold Arcos, Humberto CarrascoNARALO: Glenn McKnight, Marita Moll
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):is the listong
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):yes Members
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond (EURALO):there can be members & participants
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Thanks Glenn
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Hi All
  Becky Nash:Hi All - We have Xavier Calvez, Becky Nash and Shani Quidwai joining
  Holly Raiche:In any case, NARALO is represented
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond (EURALO):The list of appointees is on: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Subcommittee+on+Finance+and+Budget
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Great ready to roll hen :-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Then *sigh*
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Humberto is joining soo
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):LACRALO  at least has some nin Member reps 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Ahh excellent
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Thx Heidi
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Sounds good  Maureen
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Reaching out to Sarah and Harold, too
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Welcome, Sarah :)
  Harold Arcos:Hello Heidi and all,,
  Alberto Soto:Hello everyone, sorry I´m later for my ISP... I have problem...
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Harold is on :)
  Heidi Ullrich 2:All Members for 2018-2019 are now on. 
  Judith Hellerstein:That will really be helpful so that we can more easily plan for 2019
  Heidi Ullrich 2:@ALL, VERY IMPORTANT: the At-Large Additional Budget Requests have additional steps and process. All the details are at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY20+Budget+Development+Workspace
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Please be sure to note the ALAC additional criteria and additional deadlines. 
  Judith Hellerstein:@heidi thanks for clarifying this 
  Andrea Glandon:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY20+Budget+Development+Workspace
  Heidi Ullrich 2:For At-Large, ALL ABRs must be approved by the FBSC first. Only Maureen and I will submit the At-Large ABRs to the ICANN Controller. 
  Holly Raiche:Can't hear her
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:My understanding is that  the proposals need to have the local RALO endorsement before submission 
  Heidi Ullrich 2:@ALL - IMPORTANT: RALO requests should be strategic and in line with their RALO's strategic outreach plans and must be endorsed by their RALO prior to being submitted for consideration by the FBSC.
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:I see the  IGF
  Heidi Ullrich 2:@Glenn, I see you posted two requests. Have they been endorsed by NARALO? 
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:It was for  IGF Geneva
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:IGF Berlin  would be eligible?
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:@Heidi i have brought this up to Ed and we will be discussing it on next monday
  Alan:do we know what the envelope is?
  Maureen Hilyard:USD292,000
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Thanks, Glenn. 
  Maureen Hilyard:@Alan but thats for all requests
  Holly Raiche:@ Maureen - where is your figure from? 
  Maureen Hilyard:Becky's slide on ABRs
  Holly Raiche:Tks
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Yes  Tijani your correct on last year on IGF  and funding 
  Judith Hellerstein:Yes Tijani. That was my question
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:Again,  IGF Berlin  in the cards?  We had two spots. One ALAC and one  O and E person funded to Geneva  
  Mary Wong:@Tijani, was your question directed at ICANN staff? If so, we would like to respond.
  Alan:Glenn, funding envelope was more than double that year.
  Judith Hellerstein:@heidi do I need to submit another request for captioning?
  Holly Raiche:@ Maureen - I think my question was how does Finance arrive at a figure for ALAC?  Is it based on ALAC input, or is there a sum and we make submissions on how that money is spent?
  Benedetta Rossi:@Maureen I can answer
  Mary Wong:@Holly, I don't think there is a specific figure assigned to specific SO/ACs in the budget.
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:I assume captioning is not a RALO request
  Heidi Ullrich 2:@Judith, I do not believe we need to submit an ABR for this. I will confirm this week. 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Judith  Heidi already said she was following up on this when you recently asked
  Holly Raiche:@ Mary - so the amount allocated is based on what ALAC asks for?
  Alberto Soto:Hola Andre, estoy en un lugar con serios problemas de internet, asi que dejarè la reuniòn. Saludos!!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):As you said you were doing befroe Heidi  Thanks you
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):there is no allocations  I thought
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): just a cake to share slices of based on applications received
  Heidi Ullrich 2:ATLAS and GA will not need to be through ABRS. 
  Holly Raiche:@ Heidi - so where does that unding come from?
  Heidi Ullrich 2:They are within the normal budget since the Board approved the At-Large timeline for Summits and ABRs in 2017. 
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Correct, Mary. 
  Holly Raiche:@ Heidi - so what's in the normal budget and what do we ask for?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Correct Mary
  Heidi Ullrich 2:@Holly, that is a different call. We are focused on the budget planning and the ABRs on this call. 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):ABRs   
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):and thanks for your clarity Alan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):this is an INTRO call (and clearly some of us need the intro to processes many of us are clearly entrenched in )
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Sage like advice  Heidi  THANKS 
  Heidi Ullrich 2:IMPORTANT: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY20+Budget+Development+Workspace
  Heidi Ullrich 2:FY20 ALAC Criteria for Additional Budget Requests:    Proposals should include ways in which will make the entire At-Large community more effective and develop the At-Large community rather than a single section of the At-Large community.    Outreach should not be a major focus. Activities to improve engagement with existing members is encouraged.    If any request is made on outreach, it should go through the CROP program or as a part of a larger ALAC request for RALO Discretionary Funding.     RALO requests should be strategic and in line with their RALO's strategic outreach plans and must be endorsed by their RALO prior to being submitted for consideration by the FBSC.    Staff is currently expecting that basic resources for community communications/printing will be supported through the core ICANN budget, but that community proposals for printing , etc. will be accepted as a back-up in case expectations change.  Specific proposals for communications resources beyond simple printing and editing functions s
  Heidi Ullrich 2:All RALO requests MUST be first endorsed by your RALO and then endorsed by the FBSC/ALAC before being submitted. 
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:It makes sense that  any proposal should have RALO discussion and endorsement
  Holly Raiche:Thanks Becky
  Holly Raiche:This context helps
  Holly Raiche:Yes - thanks
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Indeed @Maureen excellent plan
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:We have three draft proposals  for NARALO  and looking for additional ideas from our RALO
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Early end is fine with me. :-)
  Maureen Hilyard:Totally support the need to read the At-Large workspaces on these two issues FY20 and ABRs.. 
  Mary Wong:Thank you all for having us on this call!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):And for the new Members, reach out to any of us "old Guard" with any questions you might have we are I am sure happy to help... You are not alone
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:We added this call in our  monthly newsletter 
  Evin Erdogdu:Thank you all
  Judith Hellerstein:Yes and are working to generate some new proposals
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO:thanks all  bye
  Heidi Ullrich 2:We will be sending additional notes out to the lists. Please feel free to work with your regions :)
  Holly Raiche:Thanks to the finance team
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Thanks  everyone  SPECIAL  Thanks to ICANN staff who presented 
  Ali AlMeshal:thanks all
  Marita Moll:Thanks. Bye
  Bastiaan Goslings:thanks a lot
  Ricardo Holmquist:bye
  Judith Hellerstein:bye
  Kaili Kan:Bye!

• No labels