This Workspace has been created to assist the ALAC/At-Large community in developing FY20 Additional Budget Request (ABR) proposals. The ALAC Finance and Budget Sub-committee (FBSC) will review all proposals submitted and will agree on which to submit to ICANN on behalf of the ALAC.
FY20 ALAC Criteria for Additional Budget Requests:
- Proposals should include ways in which will make the entire At-Large community more effective and develop the At-Large community rather than a single section of the At-Large community.
- Outreach should not be a major focus. Activities to improve engagement with existing members is encouraged.
- If any request is made on outreach, it should go through the CROP program or as a part of a larger ALAC request for RALO Discretionary Funding.
- RALO requests should be strategic and in line with their RALO's strategic outreach plans and must be endorsed by their RALO prior to being submitted for consideration by the FBSC.
- Staff is currently expecting that basic resources for community communications/printing will be supported through the core ICANN budget, but that community proposals for printing , etc. will be accepted as a back-up in case expectations change. Specific proposals for communications resources beyond simple printing and editing functions should be prepared and submitted.
Important Documents and Resources from ICANN Finance:
SO/ AC Additional Budget Requests - This is the main Finance workspace for the FY20 Additional Budget Requests
FY20 Process - This is the Finance page with the details of the process and timeline for the FY20 Additional Budget Requests
In preparation for the submission, please review the following documents:
- FY20 Community Additional Budget Requests Process description and timeline FY20 Community Additional Budget Request Process
- Principles that govern ICANN’s request assessment work Principles of SO-AC Additional Budget Requests
- FY20 template request form FY20 Community Request Template
- Please e-mail any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to check the Finance Community Wiki for updates.
FY20 Additional Budget Request Timeline
The timeline and deliverables for the process are as follows:
Kick off and Submission period
|FBSC representatives and/or staff to send notice of opening of FY20 Additional Budget Request (ABR) process to RALOs||15/11/2018||15/11/2018||Completed|
|RALOs to review any ALS request or complete a template on behalf of the RALO and send requests to||26/11/2018||04/01/2019|
|Discussion of Proposals with Finance Staff and FBSC||07/01/2019||11/01/2019|
|Revised proposals to be sent to the FBSC for final review.||14/01/2019||18/01/2019|
|The ALAC to review the proposed At-Large FY20 ABRs during their monthly call||22/01/2019||22/01/2019|
|The FBSC to review all the RALO requests.||23/01/2019||23/01/2019|
Submissions Due – send to email@example.com
Preliminary review of requests by ICANN.org
SO/AC consultations at ICANN 64 (by request, during Constituents’ Day)
Final assessments and recommendations by ICANN.org
ICANN Board Finance Committee Review and recommendation for approval to the Board
ICANN Board review and approval at May Board meeting
|Request||Person or Group Submitting||Request Number||Description||FBSC Decision||Status|
|RALO||Request||Person or Group Submitting||Request Number||Description||FBSC Decision||Status|
|NARALO||Glenn McKnight||Policy Development Workshop|
|NARALO||Glenn McKnight||NASIG 2|