Terri Agnew: (4/13/2016 13:54) Dear all, welcome to the At-Large Technology Taskforce meeting on 18 April 2016 at 15:00 UTC

Terri Agnew: (13:54) meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/UTmAAw

judith Hellerstein: (4/18/2016 09:59) Hi All. Thanks to Glenn I got the time correct as I had not realized that the meeting time had shifted from 10-11

Glenn McKnight: (09:59) I can tell time Judith

Alfredo Calderon: (09:59) Hi to all!

Glenn McKnight: (09:59) I just was going to ping you

judith Hellerstein: (09:59) I am so used to having the time at 10 am I did not even  lookto see it changed

judith Hellerstein: (10:01) Glenn if you are typing remember to mute your speakers

judith Hellerstein: (10:02) so we do not hear your typing

Glenn McKnight: (10:02) muted

Glenn McKnight: (10:02) Love it

Glenn McKnight: (10:02) only in English?

judith Hellerstein: (10:03) yes of course since we do not ahve funding for any other language

Terri Agnew: (10:03) Action items: https://community.icann.org/x/Hh0nAw

Alfredo Calderon: (10:03) sribe and web links not supported on iOS!

judith Hellerstein: (10:05) Yes Gunela also wanted to come but because of time zone issues she is unable

judith Hellerstein: (10:05) At the SSIG, I did a big outreach to the LACRALO group

Glenn McKnight: (10:05) Yes  Gunela is great but timezones are a big problem

judith Hellerstein: (10:05) yes the other groups do not know they can join

Glenn McKnight: (10:06) NCUC  extpressed intreres

Glenn McKnight: (10:06) expressed interest

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:06) thanks for the feedback, Alfredo - wonder if the Android Adobe coneect app shows the scribe pod

Glenn McKnight: (10:06) Our name might need to change from ATLARGE  TTF

Glenn McKnight: (10:07) good point

Glenn McKnight: (10:09) Its not our  issue it is Social Media

Ariel Liang: (10:09) Rec21: https://community.icann.org/display/als2/ATLAS+II+Recommendation+21 - but it has been discarded

Glenn McKnight: (10:10) 2015!

Glenn McKnight: (10:10) We use it for ISOC

Glenn McKnight: (10:10) its good

Glenn McKnight: (10:12) The  SSIG had a hub from Barbados, no video and the questions  were transferred by an attendee

Glenn McKnight: (10:12) Joly and Murray has done a hub

Glenn McKnight: (10:12) i haven't done one

Glenn McKnight: (10:12) yes

Glenn McKnight: (10:12) i have not did one

judith Hellerstein: (10:13) Great Idea

judith Hellerstein: (10:13) Joly is travelling today so that is why he could not come on the call

judith Hellerstein: (10:13) Yes Meet Echo is what the IETF uses

judith Hellerstein: (10:14) they recommend it highly

Terri Agnew: (10:14) At-Large Technology Issue: https://community.icann.org/x/67FYAw

Glenn McKnight: (10:15) Is these issues  ticketed?

Alfredo Calderon: (10:16) Therefore, when we look at other webconferencing solutions this must be a primary feature.

Terri Agnew: (10:19) Welcome Alan Greenberg

Alan Greenberg: (10:19) Not on audio, but wanted to take a look at captioning.

Glenn McKnight: (10:20) muted

Glenn McKnight: (10:22) ICANN has a  ticketing system

Glenn McKnight: (10:24) PLEASE   add  it as an action item

Alan Greenberg: (10:27) I came in part way through the discussion on multiple languages. Is the AI on handling OTHER languages (which I thought was possible) or handling multiple languages?

Glenn McKnight: (10:28) We have seen this Adobe Maintenance when we travel

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:29) Accordiing to http://blogs.adobe.com/adobeconnect/2015/09/introducing-adobe-connect-9-5.html, "....you’ll be able to locally convert your Adobe Connect recordings (including recordings made prior to the 9.5 upgrade) to MP4 files. The workflow is similar to the offline FLV conversion that you may be familiar with, with one important exception. The new MP4 conversion process enables you to control the quality and size of the the output, choosing the best balance for your needs. The recording settings dialog features four helpful presets to set the quality from Mobile to Full HD. If you’re comfortable with video settings, you can turn on the ‘Advanced Options’ checkbox to manually set the resolution, bandwidth profile, quality, frames per second, and MP4 profile that will be used during the conversion process."

Terri Agnew: (10:29) Welcome Kolubahzizi Howard

judith Hellerstein: (10:29) Welcome Zizi

judith Hellerstein: (10:30) We now have people from almost all regions, just missing apralo

kolubahzizi@yahoo.com: (10:30) Thank you for the welcome Terri and Judith.

Ariel Liang: (10:31) @Alan - I believe the issue is to handle multiple languages in AC

Alfredo Calderon: (10:31) Welcome Kolubahzizi, from Puerto Rico.

judith Hellerstein: (10:32) @alan it is the idea that we can only have one audio channel in each adobe room

Ariel Liang: (10:32) LACRALO mailing List wiki workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/discussion-of-LACRALO-mailing-list-issues

Terri Agnew: (10:32) LACRALO mailing list issues: https://community.icann.org/x/z4VZAg

judith Hellerstein: (10:33) That is why the other langauges have to be on hte phone via adigo

judith Hellerstein: (10:33) So the AI is to research and see how the UN and other similar groups do this.

judith Hellerstein: (10:34) Do they just use extra rooms and extra staff very difficult and time consuming

judith Hellerstein: (10:34) Hope that explains it to you

Glenn McKnight: (10:34) Segal

Alan Greenberg: (10:39) Need to drop off for another call.

judith Hellerstein: (10:39) OK hope I answered your question

Alfredo Calderon: (10:39) I use TitanPad

Terri Agnew: (10:39) Thank you for joining Alan

judith Hellerstein: (10:40) Joly uses something called etherpad

Ariel Liang: (10:41) we may be able to steal that hashtag #accessibilityrocks

Terri Agnew: (10:41) Welcome Sam Lanfranco

judith Hellerstein: (10:41) IEEE uses a graphical summary on paper that they then upload to their site for people to downlowd

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:42) http://www.nten.org/article/16ntc-the-big-crazy-awesome-list-of-community-content-and-resources/

Harold Arcos: (10:42) @Alfredo @Judith also can use Riseup, they have free Pad service

Alfredo Calderon: (10:42) Storify to agregate hashtags used on twitter or Facebook

Glenn McKnight: (10:44) the tools by IEEE is members only

Glenn McKnight: (10:45) someone else

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (10:47) "Selfie Town" - Seriously?

Glenn McKnight: (10:48) its not relevant as before

Glenn McKnight: (10:48) We use  ZOOM with ISOC

judith Hellerstein: (10:48) meet echo

judith Hellerstein: (10:48) zoom is not accessible

Glenn McKnight: (10:49) DON't forget the  CAPTION

Glenn McKnight: (10:49) poll

judith Hellerstein: (10:49) I have tested this with scribes and so it does not work for us

judith Hellerstein: (10:49) I already tested zoom with captions and it does not work

Alfredo Calderon: (10:50) Let's try Meet Echo!

Glenn McKnight: (10:51) echo

judith Hellerstein: (10:51) why not put out a call on the list

Terri Agnew: (10:52) Post ATLAS II Implementation –Technology Taskforce: https://community.icann.org/x/YhfxAg

Glenn McKnight: (10:52) https://www.exoplatform.com/

judith Hellerstein: (10:53) Remember we need to leave 5 minutes to give out the survey for captioning

judith Hellerstein: (10:54) @terri @Silvia @nathalie I see we are recording this sessions and please make sure since we ahve captioning to save the Adobe Connect page on the wiki

Glenn McKnight: (10:54) ok

judith Hellerstein: (10:55) so others can get review it who missed it

Silvia Vivanco: (10:55) Terri can post the survey

Silvia Vivanco: (10:56) and she will send it by email

Glenn McKnight: (10:56) silvia was speaking

Glenn McKnight: (10:56) good idea

Glenn McKnight: (10:56) i would like to hear peoples  comments

Glenn McKnight: (10:58) Hi Sam

Sam Lanfranco: (10:59) As an observer...not voting so don't take no vote as no vote

judith Hellerstein: (11:00) Glenn Said terri i using the wrong survey. We just wanted to see the captioning  questions

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (11:00) If you are none of the above?

judith Hellerstein: (11:00) not the ones for the webinar

Ariel Liang: (11:01) @OCL - perhaps that option needs to be added next time

Glenn McKnight: (11:01) We have two surveys  this is not the right one

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (11:01) this makes no sense, sorry

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (11:01) waste of time

judith Hellerstein: (11:01) this was not the survey that glenn deisgned

Alfredo Calderon: (11:02) Should a poll be made that is more appropriate for the activity done?

Silvia Vivanco: (11:03) Judith, this is the survey which you have provided to Staff and is posted on the captioning wiki page

Glenn McKnight: (11:03) It

judith Hellerstein: (11:03) exactly that is what glenn said he designed and posted on the wiki

Glenn McKnight: (11:05) The  survey sent out  will be the right one

Glenn McKnight: (11:05) Will reduce the questions to only the  Captioning questions

judith Hellerstein: (11:06) @glenn will reduce it as he said

Glenn McKnight: (11:06) Thanks Silvia we will review and change the word from Webinar to today's session,  It is misleading

Sam Lanfranco: (11:06) For survey questions CONTEXT is important and many questions across cultures need an explanation follow up. This cannot be done in the "Comments" window so there should be a complementary "follow up comments" period via an email path or a website.

Glenn McKnight: (11:06) @silvia lets go over each of the quetions  before we send it out

Glenn McKnight: (11:07) Good feedback from all

Ariel Liang: (11:07) thanks all for attending!

Alfredo Calderon: (11:07) Have a great day all!

Nathalie Peregrine: (11:07) Thanks Dev, thanks all!

kolubahzizi@yahoo.com: (11:07) Have a good day.

Gordon Chillcott: (11:07) Thanks all.   

Harold Arcos: (11:08) thanks

• No labels