The At-Large Technology Taskforce (TTF) evaluates and reviews different technologies and tools that can help the ICANN At-Large Community (including the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) communicate, collaborate and accomplish their goals and objectives for ICANN activities. These tools range from chat tools, web conferencing tools, captioning to anything that will help Individual Internet users become active in the At-Large Community. Technology provides the tools that enable people to connect, collaborate, and work towards making the world more accessible, enabling the benefits of the Internet to be available to all.
Some of our recent projects are: Remote participation, Captioning, review of web-conferencing tools, review of chat tools and solutions, Resolving the bugs in the LACRALO Translation email software, review of knowledge management tools.
We welcome anyone who is interested in collaborating and seeing how we can better meet the needs of ICANN At-Large to participate, suggest ideas, and become and active member. We have recently opened up the group to other ICANN constituencies and look forward to working with all ICANN communities to solving common problems. All who are interested to join are welcome. We look forward to your participation and involvement. Please email ICANN At-Large Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or the current chairs of the TTF: Dev Anand Teelucksingh or Judith Hellerstein directly.
The TTF was established as part of the recommendations coming from the ALAC/At-Large Improvements Project Final Report in June 2012. These recommendations include:
- Under Recommendation 3 "ALS-RALO-ALAC structure to remain"
- 3.1 - Introduce to the ALSes selected information, dissemination, communication and collaboration tools and provide training.
- Under Recommendation 7 "Choice of communication and collaborative tools"
- 7.1 Review of communication and collaboration needs considered unmet by ALSes and RALOs globally.
- 7.1(a) - Introduce to the ALSes selected information, dissemination, communication and collaboration tools(such as Posterous, Twitter Twibes, mobile-device compatibility) and provide training.
- 7.2 - Review of technologies used by At‐Large and across ICANN that could fill all or some of the 7.1 needs of the ALSes and RALOs
- 7.2(a) - Establish a Technology Task Force (TTF) of community members that will periodically review the appropriateness of available technology, train RALOs/ALSes in new technologies, and possibly staff a help desk.
- 7.3 - Review of available technologies not already used by At‐Large or elsewhere in ICANN that could fill the 7.1 needs of the ALSes and RALOs.
- 7.4 - Create and conduct implementation plan for training ICANN's IT Support in the 7.3 technologies (and, as needed, in keeping IT Support current in 7.2 technologies).
- 7.5 - Based on At‐Large's choice of the communication and collaboration tools to best fill its needs, make needed recommendations for use, or not, of these tools across ICANN.
- 7.6 - Create and conduct implementation plan for the periodic identification of technologies, either newly introduced to the market or updated, that can better fill the 7.1 needs of the ALSes and RALOs than those technologies currently being used.
Staff Support Lead: Mario Aleman
Mailing list: email@example.com
To subscribe to the mailing list (or read the archives / manage your subscription) please visit https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/ttf
The members of At-Large Technology Taskforce WG, organized by regional affiliation, are:
Dev Anand Teelucksingh
|Mailing List Issue|
Juan Manuel Rojas
|LACRALO||Harold Arcos||Member||Open Source|
|LACRALO||Renata Aquino Ribeiro||Member||N/A|
|LACRALO||Wladimir Davalos S.||Member||N/A|
|LACRALO||Nacer Adamou Saidou||Member||N/A|
|APRALO||Satish Babu||Member||Open Source|
Conference Tools, Accessibility
|NARALO||Judith Hellerstein||Co-Chair||Accessibility, Remote Participation|
|Member||Open Source, Linux, Bandwidth Issues|
|AFRALO||Beran Dondeh Gillen||Member||N/A|
|AFRALO||Seun Ojedeji||Member||Bandwidth Issues|
|AFRALO||Norbert Komlan Glakpe||Member||N/A|
|AFRALO||Ramanou S. Biaou||Member||N/A|
|AFRALO||Daniel Khauka Nanghaka||Member||N/A|
|AFRALO||Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong||Member||N/A|
|AFRALO||Fred Kwadwo Aazore||Member||N/A|
|Jet Enterprises||N.Rajesh Kumar||Member||N/A|
|Samsung Electronics R&D Institute UK||Howard Benn||Member||N/A|
Anivar A Aravind
|Member||Free and Open Source, Language Technology, GNU/Linux, Android |
|NCUC||Dina Solveig Jalkanen||Member||FOSS tools, Linux|