Members of the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement (Outreach SC), in coordination with the RALO leaders are expected to fill out the Form to submit travel requests to the CROPP Review Team.
RALOs and Outreach members should note the following terms and obligations as established by the ICANN's CROPP and those by the ALAC. Please contact the At-Large Community Regional Outreach Program Review Team (CROP RT) members if there are any questions.
- Each RALO has up to five (5) regional outreach travel allocations available before the end of ICANN Fiscal Year 2014 which runs between July 2013 and June 30 2014. This means the travel MUST conclude before June 30 2014.
- Proposed Trips must originate and conclude within the same region and should, wherever practicable, be taken by someone working in or proximate to that territory.
- Travel requests must be submitted 8 weeks before any such travel to an event takes place.
- The Travel Request purpose/goal must be consistent with any established regional engagement strategy, where applicable, and/or ICANN's overall mission.
- Any single outreach event may be attended by multiple persons; however, each traveller is counted as utilizing one (1) of the RALO's travel allocations.
- Travel requests must include an alternate traveler that would able to go in case of the proposed traveller is unable to go at the last minute.
- The CROPP funding for any outreach travel is limited to transportation, lodging and a per diem for up to three (3) days, two (2) nights ONLY per traveller.
- The CROPP does NOT fund items such as visa fees, conference fees, or any other such meeting logistics for any traveller.
- Travel requests cannot be used for travel to a regularly scheduled ICANN Meeting.
- If approved, travellers must prepare an complete postevent Trip Assessment within three weeks after the return date which describes how the original purpose(s) and outcome(s) were realized. This would be filed with ICANN as part of the CROPP program.
Members of the At-Large Community Regional Outreach Program Review Team (CROP RT) will be doing the following within 2 weeks of submission of the travel request:
- review the information in the form and ask the RALO and/or Outreach SC members any clarifying questions as to the purpose and goals of the proposed trip and/or the details provided.
- get confirmation and approval from the ICANN Stakeholder Engagement Vice-President from the region regarding the purpose of the proposed trip.
Once the travel request is approved by the CROPP RT, members of the CROPP RT will submit the RALO travel request to ICANN CROPP at least 6 weeks before the travel takes place.