As ALAC decided to file several Objections, various follow on activities are required of ALAC as the complainant.
(insert URLs of the objections here once they are available)
These activities are divided between those that are ALAC responsibility and those that would be the At-Large New gTLD Review Group responsibility.
The At-Large New gTLD Working group makes the following recommendations to the ALAC regarding this work:
- Create an ALAC Objections Team;
- Ask the review team, or a subgroup of the review team to stand by to assist the ALAC Objections Team.
ALAC Objections Team
The first task for ALAC is to create an ALAC Objections Team (AOT) to act in any discussion, e.g.negotiations or mediation, between ALAC and those applicants who have received objections from ALAC. Roles and Responsibilities include:
- The ALAC Objections Team should engage in direct discussion with the relevant applicant or applicant representatives
- The ALAC Objections Team should keep ALAC informed of the status of any discussions
- The ALAC Objections Team should bring the draft outcome from any discussions or procedures to the ALAC for approval
- The ALAC Objections Team should bring any recommendations from ALAC to the discussion.
Composition of the ALAC Objections Team
The ALAC Objections Team will be composed by six (6) At-Large Members and/or ALAC Members. The six members of the ALAC Objections Teams will be appointed by ALAC, drawn from the following:
- Current members of ALAC who support the Objection as filed
- Current At-Large members of the review team who support the Objection as filed.
- Members must have no conflict of interest with regard to the applications receiving the Objections and must release a statement to that effect.
- Should a conflict of interest develop, a member of the ALAC Objections Team must notify ALAC, which will be responsible for determining whether the team member should be replaced on the team.
Review Group Roles and Responsibilities
The Review Group should pick a team of knowledgeable members to serve as a research and back-up team for the ALAC Objections Team
- The review group subteam should provide necessary backup information to the ALAC Objections Team;
- The review group subteam should do any additional research as required, e.g., by applicants statements or responses;
- The review group subteam should should make sure that the Dispute Resolution processes are understood and acted upon by the ALAC Objections Team..