Julia Charvolen:Welcome to the ATLAS II OC Working Group call on Monday 17 March 2014 at 1500 UTC

  Julia Charvolen:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/sx3RAg

  Jean-Jacques S.:Hello!

  Jean-Jacques S.:May I try out the microphone?

  Julia Charvolen:Please

  Murray McKercher:Good Morning, Bonjour from Toronto

  Sivasubramanian M:Hello

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi Siva

  Sivasubramanian M:Hello Cheryl

  Matthieu Camus:Hello everyone

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:Hi all

  Wolf Ludwig:Didn't receive the dial-out as announced?

  Julia Charvolen:Wolf we are dialing out to you now

  Julia Charvolen:Apologies

  Wolf Ludwig:No problem!

  Eduardo Diaz:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Participants

  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All!

  Glenn McKnight:Hi I tried  1638 on adobe but they rejected this code

  Glenn McKnight:What is the right code

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:1638 is correct

  Glenn McKnight:The adobe operator says no call

  Glenn McKnight:I will unmute my speakers

  Julia Charvolen:Glenn - We can dial out to you if you want

  Glenn McKnight:Sure  my phone is 9054346655\

  Glenn McKnight:1-905-434-6655

  Glenn McKnight:Hi I am on the phone now

  Glenn McKnight:Thanks Julia

  Julia Charvolen:Sure

  Roberto Gaetano:Will the sticker be only for the official representative of the ALS, or for all participants?

  Carlos Reyes:Action Item 029: IN PROGRES: ATLAS II Participants wiki page is in development. Participants, ALSes, and regions have been added. Thematic groups and mentors will be added next.

  Heidi Ullrich:@Roberto, I would think just ALS representatives

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:I think should be for all participants in ATLAS 2

  Tom Lowenhaupt:ATLAS II London 2014

  Glenn McKnight:London, Date   RALO

  Roberto Gaetano:I tend to agree with Carlos, should be for all participants

  Sivasubramanian M:Yes, Atlas 2, London, dates, but also why not say ICANN AT Large ATLAS

  Tom Lowenhaupt:Year or date?

  Carlos Reyes:Action Item 030: IN PROGRESS: 92 ALSes have participated in the thematic group survey. Reminders will be sent to remaining ALS participants.

  Glenn McKnight:Too much information reduces  the impact

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:agree but ICANN ATLAS II Participant could be

  Heidi Ullrich:@Carlos, I'll add that to one of the exampels

  Glenn McKnight:Neat idea

  Glenn McKnight:At least a QR code

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:@heidi , great!

  Glenn McKnight:cost, beneft, features?

  Heidi Ullrich:@Murray, could you please send staff the info on a RFI?

  Heidi Ullrich:we can also look into the QR code

  Murray McKercher:yes i can send and cheryl and i can take this offline and provide info

  Glenn McKnight:Easy to make a QR code

  Glenn McKnight:http://www.qr-code-maker.com/

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:when 024 is updated please note  the ROI team will be preparing definitions and possible key measures between Singapore and London, and specifically setting up some value based calculation options once exact funds commitments details are known closer to the date of ATLASII the lions share of ROI analysis and reporting will occur post London meeting not actually before...


I am loathed to pre load too many assumptions OR make claims on what the ROI outcomes will be (other that the generalities already stated in the proposal materials + some minor embellishments that are 'no brainers') to far on advancement of actual expenditure values and 'counts' re participants and their activities during London and perhaps most importantly leading up to and short and medium term after the event...


  Glenn McKnight:I think Sally is outreaching to him

  Glenn McKnight:Here  is a sample of  www.naralo.org  QR code

  Glenn McKnight:http://api.qrserver.com/v1/create-qr-code/?data=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.naralo.org%0A%0A&size=250x250

  Sivasubramanian M:Would gain us valuable Press exposure if we could get TimBerners Lee

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:We are almost ready to start with our work in the pre ATLAS stage.We are finalizing the design of webpage and logo. Tomorrow we have a call and on this we expect approve and adopt a webpage template .We sent the interview questions to our key interviewed for each newsletters andWe already have received 2 of them. Carlos Reyes is an excellent support.Our Logistic Team already sent us the information to post in our webpage and newsletter , and now are working to translate to different languajes.We are coordinating the ATLAS 2 social media work with Ariel into staff

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sure Glenn. and he will no doubt say yes if he is not already committed to something but his 'organizers/handlers (incl his wife) will be the ones that sort out the actual. and that unless you are very lucky going to have several line items of costs and contributions involved  so a pro bono request needs to be made...

  Sivasubramanian M:+1 on Cheryl's observation

  Sivasubramanian M:ICANN + At-Large + ATLAS

  Tom Lowenhaupt:#ATLAS2  #ICANNATLAS2  gets a bit long?

  Glenn McKnight:THe hashtags can be focused on a narrow group

  Glenn McKnight:As long as we are consistent

  Glenn McKnight:Often many many Hashtags are created

  Sivasubramanian M:Why not standardize on ICANNATLargesummit ?

  Sivasubramanian M:the Term ATLAS could be internal, it is an abbreviation, we can not hope to have the whold world familiar with this abbreviation of a once in 2 year event

  Sivasubramanian M:or simply, #ICANNAtLarge

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:#atlargesummit2  could be, say everything what we can express

  Sivasubramanian M:the tag would also pull up previous tweets on ATLarge that would provide perspective

  Ariel Liang:Will look into the past tweet feed on ICANN At-Large twitter handle and will help develop new ones

  Glenn McKnight:apologies

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:we can put the hashtag into purple ribbon

  Ariel Liang:That could be a good idea Carlos. We just need to make sure it is snappy and easy to understand

  Sivasubramanian M:JJS, valid observation

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I tweet a fair bit @ariel and whilst I do use #ICANN INcan't recall that last time I used #AtLarge ... but consistency and meaning is the key

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:@Cheryl +1

  Roberto Gaetano:Dropping out from Adigo, continue on the phone

  Ariel Liang:+1 @Cheryl

  Sivasubramanian M:@Cheryl, we also need to do a bit of research on who else is using #AT-Large

  Glenn McKnight:Please speak up Jean Jac

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:@Glenn +1

  Glenn McKnight:you are ok Ed

  Sivasubramanian M:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-large

  Tom Lowenhaupt:+1

  Murray McKercher:@all  i understand JJ's comment and respect the process to define our own goals, suggest we do meet as soon as possible

  Wolf Ludwig:I entirely agree with Jean-Jacques!

  Sivasubramanian M:+1 JJS

  Tom Lowenhaupt:IS there a link for that?

  Julia Charvolen:Jean jacques please provide a number

  Julia Charvolen:so we can dial out to you

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I think that is clear @eduardo... and agree the comms package needs ICANN' professional support

  Wolf Ludwig:Providing the substance and message is our part, spreading it needs professional support.

  Jean-Jacques S.:@Murray, thank you, so let's (ATLAS) drill down!

  Jean-Jacques S.:@Wolf, Cheryl: absolutely, professional packaging.

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:@Cheryl +1

  Murray McKercher:@Jean-Jacques @ Cheryl, You have captured my sentiment precisely

  Julia Charvolen:Fatima is not on

  Julia Charvolen:apologies problem unmuting

  Wolf Ludwig:There was no meeting so far TMK

  Sivasubramanian M:If the idea is to develop a professional, scientific communication package for wider impact, then consultaions, as if with an External Advertising Agency, would further the purpose.

  Wolf Ludwig:Good point, Jean-Jacques!

  Murray McKercher:@all ATLAS public relation messaging has been defined early ands is posted on the wiki here https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Summary%3A+Purpose%2C+Goals%2C+Themes+and+Messages

  Jean-Jacques S.:I will look into this.

  Wolf Ludwig:EDRI in Europe would be worth to include as well!

  Wolf Ludwig:Are you in contact with Frederic Donck as well, Olivier?

  Glenn McKnight:My comment is about ISOC

  Murray McKercher:I welcome input into the worspace I have created for ATLAS PR here...https://community.icann.org/display/8/Notes+from+the+Chair+ATLAS+II+Sub-working+Group%3A+Public+Relations+-+February+26th%2C+2014?focusedCommentId=47256220#comment-47256220

  Glenn McKnight:IXP  Manual will be launched in June  and Jane Coffin is responsible and I think the launch at the event would be great

  Glenn McKnight:Here is the ink

  Glenn McKnight:http://www.internetsociety.org/sites/default/files/Global%20IXPToolkit_Collaborative%20Draft_Feb%2024.pdf

  Glenn McKnight:I can followup with Jane  if you wish Olivier?

  Glenn McKnight:We can assign them a table at the  Fayre

  Ariel Liang:Thank you! Safe travels

  Sivasubramanian M:Thank you

  Tom Lowenhaupt:Thanks.

  Matthieu Camus:thank you, bye

  Wolf Ludwig:Thanks and see you guys ...

  Murray McKercher:Thanks to Eduardo, and safe travels to All, I will be connecting remotely

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:024. short report for today...  please note. Main work will be conducted for our next steps between Singapore and London Meeting  and indeed closer to the Londpn meeting/ when data points are properly and accurately available for capture and use.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye...

  • No labels