Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the ATLAS II Working group call on the 5th December 2013

Nathalie  Peregrine:Agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/aymfAg

Eduardo Diaz:¡Saludos a Todos!

Jordi Iparraguirre:Hi everyone!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi there

Carlos Reyes:Hello, everyone.

Siranush Vardanyan:hello, everyone

Roberto:Hi all. I will be only on Adobe, not phone

Siranush Vardanyan:I am via adobe as well

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hello everyone, on adobe

Juan Manuel Rojas P:Hello everyone

Roberto:It seems that now we are using computers to make phone calls, and the phones are used only for talikg pictures.

Roberto:Wait to see cameras used for computing, to close the circle

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I've dropped off & please ask Adigo to call me again since my line wasn't good

Natalia Enciso:Hello!

Natalia Enciso:Just joined on AC.

Carlos Reyes:Welcome, Natalia

Nathalie  Peregrine:Natalia Enciso has joined the call

Natalia Enciso:Thanks Carlos!

Carlos Reyes:ATLAS II Survey Results: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Survey+Results+and+Analysis

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Internet Governance is the hot topic now

Darlene Thompson:What is the "hot topic" that Tijani was referring to?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:as is the option to identify the Public Interest

Wolf Ludwig:The Survey WG has delivered results -- as discussed already in BA!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:y

Wolf Ludwig:Everybody should be able to read the results submitted!

Darlene Thompson:+1 Olivier

Roberto:+1 Olivier

Darlene Thompson:But THAT is still the work of the Survey WG.   Why are we discussing it here?

Roberto:Another point to keep in mind is that if we spend 6 months to decide what is the best topic, we will not have time to develop the conference

Carlos Reyes:ATLAS II Working Group Charter and Sub Working Groups Charters: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Working+Group+Charter

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Over-arching theme was suggested by JJS and I'm happy with it. It is liked from the Agenda

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:It is linked from the agenda

Juan Manuel Rojas P:my call was down

Juan Manuel Rojas P:I am following by AC

Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Juan Manuel, would you like us to dial out to you?

Juan Manuel Rojas P:Nathalie, is it not necessary I am in AC.

Nathalie  Peregrine:Thank you, please let me know if you do need it later!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:staff can you copy thentext from JJS  (of the wiki agenda)  here so we can review together

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I totally agree with Roberto. I am concerned of the slowness of the survey WG

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Global Internet : the user perspective.   is what  JJS proposed

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:it is general enough  and catchy enough  IMO

Eduardo Diaz:I like it too

Siranush Vardanyan:I like it as well

Juan Manuel Rojas P:It sounds as a good theme

Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2:Theme sounds good

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:OK for letter. Please draft & I'm happy to send.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:soundsblike miscommunication indeed

baudouin schombe:hello everyone

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:We just need to be absolutely CLEAR on our requirements. I am sorry but what I heard from the meetings Team was a wiggle of some sort. I have spent several HOURS on this issue of meeting rooms. In Durban, in Los Angeles, in Buenos Aires. Back to square one.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Let Heidi deal with this please.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup

Carlos Reyes:JJ's proposal: https://community.icann.org/x/Lx1-Ag

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ok so there is NOT a real problem then

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:things are on track and post Jan we can progress greater details

Roberto:Does this mean that we know how exactly how many rooms we have? That will determine the max concurrent sessions

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:this is what I hear

Wolf Ludwig:Is it Diane Schroeder?

Carlos Reyes:Diane Schroeder was not in Buenos Aires. The meeting was with Nancy Lupiano.

Roberto:I think that the event WG needs to, as soon as possible, determine the number and type of rooms we need, put it in writing, and ask for a written response

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:so it isnot the "lady who was with the Board"

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:still sounds like mis communication again

Darlene Thompson:I am 100% sure that Heidi can pull this together

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OCL   just make sure our staff have a SINGLE Snr  pointnof contact with meetings to minimise this

Darlene Thompson:I think that we should be having weekly calls

Wolf Ludwig:I think first we need a rough program outline with ideas about main and side sessions, numbers of sessions per Summit days ... On such a basis you can do further logistical planning!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Cheryl the single point of contact that Heidi has had has always been Nancy Lupiano. I don't know why we're back at square 1.

Jordi Iparraguirre:i agree but if resources (rooms) are not scarce. in case pf li ited availability, we may need to cut or limit sessions

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:We've given out requirements + budget 6 months ago. nothin has been worked out by Meetings Team since.

Jordi Iparraguirre:so have a plan as Wolf suggests and be ready to cut based on resources and priorities of sessions

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:when you spend $650K you do NOT cut or limit sessions.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes  settle overarching theme  NOW  +72hrs

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:has anyone looked at JJS's suggestion for over arching theme?

Jordi Iparraguirre:does this mean we may use as many rooms as we wish? then great! no cuts at all

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:JJS: Central theme « Global Internet: the user perspective »

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:For the record, I'm very happy with that.

Eduardo Diaz:Me too

Wolf Ludwig:Me too!

Darlene Thompson:+1 to JJSs suggestion

baudouin schombe:+1 ok

Siranush Vardanyan:+1

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yup  but TOPICS  for plenary and/or sessions drawn from a recommendation ofbthe survey group  should work as Wolf proposes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:noting  not everything will make the cut 

Roberto:@Eduardo: in two weeks, you mean Thursday 19 December at 13:00 UTC?

Eduardo Diaz:Yes Roberto. I am off by one day

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:AND  youmay wish to add new matters like the IG outputs from the meeting in Brazil

Roberto:Good - On Wed. is was going to be on a plane - for a change :(

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:allgood  bye for now

Jordi Iparraguirre:thanks, bye

Satish Babu:bye

Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, bye

Darlene Thompson:Bye all

Carlos Reyes:Thank you all

Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2:;-) its going to be a busy holiday ;-). Take care all

Juan Manuel Rojas P:Bye all

• No labels