The aim of the APRALO Hot Topics 2021 Project is to ascertain regional priorities through a bottom-up consultative process (by using a survey). In line with similar surveys undertaken with RALO members in recent years, the 2021 survey will be used primarily to solicit input from RALO members on what topics RALO members believe is of importance to our region and which APRALO should consider embracing in its agenda. Further, we hope to also use the 2021 survey to gauge RALO members input in light of ICANN's FY21-26 operating priorities.
The regional priorities identified through the 2021 survey will be helpful in informing the RALO's focus for the immediate to near future, and in particular, in designing and/or implementing various other regional initiatives including:-
- Addressing the Capacity Building needs,
- Mentoring Program,
- The Register of Skills & Interests (RoSI),
- Monitoring and evaluating ICANN strategic operating initiatives, and
- Participation in relevant policy development processes within ICANN.
Following the Project Team call of 13 Oct 2021, this project will continue into 2022.
Please indicate your interest to join the Project Team by sending an email to email@example.com.
The APRALO Hot Topics 2022 Survey has been developed; and has been conducted from 10 August - 9 September 2022.
- Justine Chew (Lead)
- Maureen Hilyard
- Cheryl Langdon-Orr
- Satish Babu
- Amrita Choudhury
- Abdulrahman Abotaleb
- Hilmi Ghalib (inactive)
- K Mohan Raidu
- Lianna Galstyan (inactive)
- Mahee Kirindigoda
- Priyatosh Jana
JULY-AUGUST 2022 - SURVEY DEVELOPMENT & LAUNCH
- Final survey content discussion
- Survey design & finalization
- Survey launch & running period (10 Aug - 9 Sep 2022)
- Results to be presented at ICANN 75
JUNE 2022 - SURVEY DEVELOPMENT
- Description & Goals (Intro)
- Areas within ICANN's Remit
- Identified Topics & Sub-Topics, by Area as proposed by Project RoSI - Operations / Policy / Outreach & Engagement
- Prioritization against ICANN FY22-26 Operating Initiatives
- Input from 2017 & 2019 HTS
- Survey tool - Googleform (& fillable PDF or Word file for China respondents)
- Guiding Template
OCTOBER-NOVEMBER 2021 - TOPICS DISCUSSION
- Wednesday, 03 August 2022 at 06:00 UTC
- Wednesday, 27 July 2022 at 06:00 UTC
- APRALO Policy Forum Team Call, Friday 13 May 2022 at 06:00 UTC
- Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 06:00 UTC