Gisella Gruber: (1/24/2018 04:22) Welcome to the At-Large Capacity Building Webinar: “Data Protection: What do you need to know as End-Users about GDPR” on Wednesday, 24 January 2018 at 13:00 UTC

Gisella Gruber: (04:59) Reminder to mute *6 and to unmute *7

Shah Zahidur Rahman: (04:59) Hi Everyone

Alfredo Calderon: (05:01) Hello to all from Puerto Rico.

Yaovi Atohoun: (05:01) Hello everyone / Bonjour à tous

Carlos Leal (Ni): (05:01) Hi everyone how can i get the spanish audio?

Aída Noblia: (05:02) hi all

Bakary KOUYATE: (05:02) hi all

Vladimer Svanadze: (05:02) Hello All

Gisella Gruber: (05:03) @ Carlos - ADIGO dial-in number with 1738 as code or share your number and we will dial-out to you

Wale Bakare: (05:03) Hi everyone.

Alexis Anteliz / Venezuela: (05:04) Good morning, please tell us if there will be audio in Spanish by this means. Thank y

Heidi Ullrich: (05:05) Welcome!

Aziz HILALI: (05:05) Hello Evryone

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (05:06) Hi all!

Alexis Anteliz / Venezuela: (05:06) Thank you I have the information, good connection. Greetings to all

Adrian Schmidt: (05:09) Adrian Schmidt from Lacombe, AB, Canada good morning!!

Alberto Soto -IIISI: (05:12) Hello, sorry for arrivin late. I can accsess to Adigo

Chokri Ben Romdhane: (05:12) Hi all

Narine Khachatryan: (05:13) Greetings, everyone!

Shah Zahidur Rahman: (05:14) Hi Everyone..!

Anna Karakhanyan: (05:16) Hi fom Armenia!

Heidi Ullrich: (05:17) Welcome, All,

Raoul Plommer [OKFI]: (05:19) Did somebody have a link to this presentation, or is there a way to download this from the AC interface?

Johnny Laureano: (05:19) Good morning everyone

DUKSH KUMAR KOONJOOBEEHARRY: (05:20) Hello from Mauritius

Gisella Gruber: (05:20) @ Raoul - this is available on the wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_wgW8B&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=Yw4UtfTAnCg79gmlUCVz98zbOhp_vqBG5aXSA9ke7Ps&s=WF9v90M5HWhUuyBVgk0kAFsSrBu45NolWPhH1vKuuKs&e=

Collin Kurre: (05:21) Thank you!

Gisella Gruber: (05:21) Good morning, afternoon, evening to all those who have joined since the start

Vanda Scartezini: (05:24) sorry to be late.

Raoul Plommer [OKFI]: (05:24) Thanks Gisella! :)

Gisella Gruber: (05:36) Abdeldjalil - es ce que vous souhaitez participer en francais?

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (05:37) EBERO -- https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_ebero-2D2013-2D04-2D02-2Den&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=Yw4UtfTAnCg79gmlUCVz98zbOhp_vqBG5aXSA9ke7Ps&s=ejj--Wf4VMBO-2JQVgHyCaOzNGU_QxAs3X48bmfcEpg&e=

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (05:37) Emergency Back End Registry

Wale Bakare: (05:39) Thanks, Olivier. Many participants would not have understood the meaning of EBERO acronym

Vanda Scartezini: (05:39) thansk for EBero link Olivier

Collin Kurre: (05:42) So is consent understood to be all-permitting for parties that are deemed to have legitimate interests, or would the end-user be notified and have the opportunity to revoke consent if a new party seeks to access data?

Alfredo Calderon: (05:42) @OLivier, Thanks for the site for EBERO

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong 2: (05:44) @Gisella oui au 00235 66274284 merci

Gisella Gruber: (05:48) @ Abdeldjalil - de suite!

Collin Kurre: (05:50) Agreed, great presentation!

Alfredo Calderon: (05:51) @Thomas, a super job!

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong 2: (05:51) @Gisella merci bien connecté

Vladimer Svanadze: (05:51) Thanks for great presentation! Good job!

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (05:51) Thank you ever so much!

Shah Zahidur Rahman: (05:53) It was nice presentation,Thomas

Aziz HILALI: (05:54) Thank you Thmas!

Aziz HILALI: (05:54) Thomas

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (05:55) Thanks Shah and Aziz

Vladimer Svanadze: (05:56) Thomas, is available your presentation? or if it is possible can you send us it? Thank you in advance!

Collin Kurre: (05:56) Link to pres at the bottom of this page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_pages_viewpage.action-3FpageId-3D79431106&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=Yw4UtfTAnCg79gmlUCVz98zbOhp_vqBG5aXSA9ke7Ps&s=mPPn0Dg_WeY0ASZwwXVEm14eESzLYKvTS1pMSoc-wWk&e=

Michel TCHONANG: (05:59) Hi all, I am late, sorry

Alan Greenberg: (06:00) Need to leave for another GDPR meeting!

Gisella Gruber: (06:01) @ collin - thank you for the link

Mohammed Yousif Alhaj: (06:04) hello everyone

Mohammed Yousif Alhaj: (06:04) is it time for Q&A already ?

Gisella Gruber: (06:05) @ Mohammed - we will first have a few pop quiz questions and we will then open to questions

Mohammed Yousif Alhaj: (06:05) Ok, Thank You @Gisella

Alfredo Calderon: (06:06) Nope!

Alfredo Calderon: (06:06) Please explain.

Mohammed Yousif Alhaj: (06:06) I don't understand the difference

Mohammed Yousif Alhaj: (06:07) Thank you for expaining the difference

Alfredo Calderon: (06:08) Thin = minimum data; but what is "minimum datu uuuuired"?

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:08) thin would be just the domain name and some technical data, no registrant data, no tech-c, no admin-c and no billing-c data

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:09) Basically, the registry knows the domain name and the registrar and some more tech data such as nameservers, but the registry does not know the registrant and other contacts

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (06:10) The main difference between Thick & Thin WHOIS is  that in THIN whois, the Registry only holds the minimum data about the registrant and the Registrar holds the rest of the information. In theTHICK whois model, the Registry holds all of the data about the registrant and displays it in WHOIS

Carlton Samuels: (06:11) That work has always been ongoing. Its called Handling WHOIS Conflicts with Local Law

Alfredo Calderon: (06:11) Thank you all for clarification on "thin versus thick".

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:11) @Carlton, yes, but the Whois Conflicts with Local Law process only covers the disclosure part, not the collection of data (what you can collect and also other parts of the processing).

Alexis Anteliz / Venezuela: (06:12) I would like to suggest that the material is a bit more didactic, because it is aimed at end users. It has been a formidable journey so far, but I must be absent due to a matter of force majeure, I will return to it in the Wiki and in the publications of the working group. Thank you very much for this remarkable effort to build capacity. Please, excuse me. Greetings to all

Vladimer Svanadze: (06:12) Collin, thank you for link!

Collin Kurre: (06:13) no problem! :)

Eduardo Diaz: (06:14) YEs, but the process should be transparent and inclusive

Carlton Samuels: (06:14) @Thomas. That is true. The assumption always was collection was covered by 'business needs' and there was informed consent. Nothwithstanding the declarations from WP29 on violation of other principles.

Raoul Plommer [OKFI]: (06:20) What about European citizens, who are using Australian or New Zealandean services?

Chuck Gomes: (06:21) Question for Thomas: If an Australian citizen was living in Europe, would the GDPR apply?

Matthieu Camus: (06:22) @tijani: the accountability in GDPR includes that you have to document the process to efficientely erase the data at the end of usage

Matthieu Camus: (06:23) @chuck: YES

Alfredo Calderon: (06:23) Have to leave for another meeting.

Wale Bakare: (06:23) The GDPR is about individual's private data

Mohammed Yousif Alhaj: (06:26) what if the organization is located out of EU, and has customers from EU

Wale Bakare: (06:26) Thanks, Chuck for that

Matthieu Camus: (06:26) @mohammed: GDPR is applied

Vanda Scartezini: (06:27) better if can write

Matthieu Camus: (06:27) @mohammed: GDPR is applied, but only for the personal data of these specific EU customers

Wale Bakare: (06:28) Yes, Mohammed, because as long as the organization continues to process the EU citizen's data

Vladimer Svanadze: (06:29) And what about non member state of the EU, similar Georgia, where is association agreement with the EU, and neighborhood policy?

Mohammed Yousif Alhaj: (06:29) @Matthieu just wondering, how can you apply penalties on organization that is not within EU territories?

Gisella Gruber: (06:30) Please place all questions to the presenters in the Q&A pod or raise your hand to ask in person

Matthieu Camus: (06:30) @vladimer: GDPR does not directly apply to out-EU countries without EU citizens implicated, the agreements and neighborhood policy remain effective

Vladimer Svanadze: (06:31) Sorry Gisela

Vanda Scartezini: (06:31) thanks Thomas

Nigel Hickson: (06:31) Implementation of GDPR; May 25th for all EU 28; https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.eugdpr.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=Yw4UtfTAnCg79gmlUCVz98zbOhp_vqBG5aXSA9ke7Ps&s=nzbgTVqqAdWlbOiQKS58KsY75pmF-dOSVWcJjlnPme4&e=

Vanda Scartezini: (06:31) this issue is so relevant that I bleieve we need another webinar to keep it up to date...

Matthieu Camus: (06:31) @mohammed: this will be a tricky case, with international laws :/

Shah Zahidur Rahman: (06:32) agree with Vanda Scartezini

Sylvia Leite: (06:32) +1

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (06:32) Ouch -- so that is very serious then. Thanks Thomas

Mohammed Yousif Alhaj: (06:32) Thank you @Matthieu

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:33) If you want a countdown - please go to gdpr.ninja

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:34) That is a website I set up a while ago with some basic informaiton on the Regulation

Collin Kurre: (06:34) Hi Thomas, I had a question earlier during your presentation regarding user consent: So is consent understood to be all-permitting for parties that are deemed to have legitimate interests, or would the end-user be notified and have the opportunity to revoke consent if a new party seeks to access data?

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:35) You need to be very specific about what happens based on consent.

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:35) It could be used to legitimize publiscaiton of the data, but revocation would also stop publication entirely, and not only for spectific requestors

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (06:36) Thanks Chuck. Good response

Collin Kurre: (06:36) Thanks for the answer!

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:36) You are most welcome, Collin

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:39) Let's have the cookie debate separately

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (06:40) That was a quick  answer :-)

Matthieu Camus: (06:42) occasional EU-customers not protected by GDPR? ... not sure

Raoul Plommer [OKFI]: (06:42) I'm sorry but I must go very soon. This was a very good webinar, thanks for the presenters and other people anserwing questions especially!

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (06:44) WOW

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (06:45) what a response from Thomas! :-)

Mohammed Yousif Alhaj: (06:45) Thank you for all our presenters, organizers, and interpreters, It was very enriching and informative

Michel TCHONANG: (06:46) Thank all for that good  work

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (06:47) cannot hear Tijani

Maureen Hilyard: (06:47) This has been a really informative session - thank you Thomas and Chuck and today's participants for their contributions and interesting questions.

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:48) Matthieu - plesaes send me an e-mail at thomas@rickert.net, I will send you the part of GDPR with the exception for occasional EU data subjects

Heidi Ullrich: (06:50) Thank you very much for an excellent webinar!

Matthieu Camus: (06:50) @thomas: all the obligations do not apply, like documentation exemption for example... but YES any EU-customer is protected by GDPR for every business actor oriented to EU

Kristina Hakobyan: (06:51) Thank you very much for the webinar!

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:51) ;athieu, we might be talking past each other. LEt's take it offline. I am happy to continue the conversation to e-mail.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (06:51) what is the location of this Webinar?

Vanda Scartezini: (06:51) thanks Chuck and Thomas , wonderful webinar.

Alberto Soto -IIISI: (06:51) Thanks!!! Regards!!

Collin Kurre: (06:51) Thanks everyone!

Svitlana Tkachenko: (06:51) Where we can find the presentations?

Thomas Rickert, eco Internet Industry Association: (06:51) Thanks all for your interest!

Chuck Gomes: (06:51) Thanks all.

Matthieu Camus: (06:51) thank you! bye

Katarina: (06:51) Thank you very much

Aziz HILALI: (06:51) Bye and thanks

Nigel Hickson: (06:51) THANKS

Svitlana Tkachenko: (06:51) thanks

Aída Noblia: (06:52) BYE

Johnny Laureano: (06:52) bye

Anne Marie Joly: (06:52)  thanks

Gisella Gruber: (06:52) Thank you all!

Yaovi Atohoun: (06:52) bye

Heidi Ullrich: (06:52) Bye, All!