You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 35 Next »

ALAC Members from EURALO selected by the RALO

2016 Open Positions (for 2016 - 2018 term):

• ALAC Representative from EURALO -  This position is currently held by Sandra Hofericher, who is eligible for re-selection. Current term ends on at the end of the 2016 AGM. New term starts at the end of the 2016 AGM through the end of the 2018 AGM.

PLEASE CLICK THE NOMINEES' NAMES FOR A COPY OF THEIR SOIs. 

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By/Supported By

Date Accepted

Nominee's Statement (EOI)Result Term to Serve

Sandra Hofericher

Veronica Cretu

Sébastien Bachollet (nominator),

Oksana Prykhodko,

Wolfgang Kleinwächter,

Yrjö Länsipuro

10 May

Dear Olivier, colleagues - greetings and many thanks for the support as part of this dynamic exchange of emails! Dear Sebastian, thanks for the nomination! Definitely, when it comes to decision making on the candidate, it is you, the community, who should decide on who would represents the best the interests, vision, values of ALAC as part of the broader ICANN ecosystem! You know much better what are the current needs especially under the ongoing ICANN/IANA stewardship processes, and ways this is going to impact the overall developments in the years to come!  

Few words about myself, especially for those I have not met before (but more than opened to engage via a more specific Q&A, etc):

• I am  currently based in Chisinau, Moldova, where I run the Open Government      Institute, an NGO/think- tank working around the issues of good      governance, accountability, transparency and citizen engagement, among      others. 
  • Since 2012      I am a member of the civil society steering committee of the Open      Government Partnership (OGP), that brings together 69 countries as of      today. It is a very ambitious and promising international platform but      which also aims to support, encourage and motivate domestic reformers deliver      more to their citizens. 
  • ICANN is not new to me - I used to be a member of ALAC back in 2007-2008, and I am      also a former NomCom member (2012-2014). 
  • When it comes to Internet Governance - I am a former MAG member to the IGF/UN      (2011 - 2014). I guess at country level I am the only promoter of Internet      Governance debate, trying to bring the IG into the agenda of policy      makers. 
  • My  background is in Contemporary Diplomacy (MA) with the University of Malta.      My postgraduate studies are in Diplomacy and IT, with University of Malta as well (via DiploFoundation). My first degree is in pedagogy, with      Moldova State Pedagogical University
  • I worked in a number of countries around the world on issues related to quality      education, critical thinking as an international trainer of trainers (on    behalf of Open Society Foundations New York) - Nepal, Liberia,  Turkey. 
  • When it comes to the region, I have a very good network of both Govs and CSOs (Romania, Serbia, Ukraine, Georgia. Slovakia, Croatia, etc) working on      Open Government, but still very relevant for ICANN/IG as well. I am very well connected internationally/globally as well.  
  • In addition      to the above, during the past 5 years or so, I have been working as a short-term senior consultant for the World Bank on education, open      government, open data. I am actively engaged in gender equality issues, working closely on the National Strategy on Gender equality of Moldova. I  also manage few communities of practice back home including on open data      and open government. 
  • I managed  half a million grants/budgets as part of the NGO I run, teams of      experts/consultants - up to 30 +, so, also bring the experience of having worked with numerous donors/development partners among others.        

Would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have on the above and not only!   

With many thanks,

Veronica

2016 AGM - 2018 AGM
  Bastiaan Goslings

Bastiaan Goslings (nominator)

Johan Helsingius

9 May   

Selection Schedule for ALAC  Members from EURALO:

• 26 April - Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.*
  • 26 April - 9 May  - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 10 working days).
  • 16 May - Deadline for nomination acceptances
  • 18 May - 25 May 2015 - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline).
  • 2016 AGM [ ICANN 57 ] - Newly elected ALAC representative shall be seated on the ALAC at the ALAC Wrap Up Session during the 2016 AGM.

*NOTES ON NOMINATIONS 

1. All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate and must also complete or update their Statement of Interest (see: At-Large New SOIs Workspace).
  2. No one who is currently serving on the Nominating Committee may be nominated for the ALAC. See https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-8

ALAC Voting Delegates to the NomCom for 2016-2018

ICANN's Nominating Committee asked the At-Large Advisory Committee to submit a list with ALAC delegates from each of ICANN's five geographic regions. Voting members of the NomCom are appointed for a one year term, starting after the close of the Annual General Meeting 2015 and ending at the close of the Annual General Meeting 2016, and may be re-appointed for a further term of one year subject to the requirement under the ICANN Bylaws

• XI-2.4.e The ALAC shall, after consultation with each RALO, annually appoint five voting delegates (no two of whom shall be citizens of      countries in the same Geographic Region, as defined according to  Section 5 of Article VI to the Nominating Committee.

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated by / Supported By

Date Accepted

Nominee's Statement
Regional Candidate(s) Recommended to the ALAC
ALAC Appointed Delegates to the NomCom

Yrjö Lansipuro  (not eligible for re-selection)

Sandra Hofericher

Sandra Hofericher (self nomination)

supporters:

Yrjö Lansipuro    

Eric Tomson,

Werner Hülsmann,

Wolf Ludwig

Olivier Crepin-Leblond,

Carolin Silbernagl,

Oksana Prykhodko

03 May 2016

I have been at the ALAC for almost 6 years now. I joined at a time when I knew only little about ALAC and ICANN and the learning curve was steep over the last couple of years. I feel it is time for a change and a new EURALO member should take a seat at the ALAC now.

The ALAC itself has also evolved over the years; it has become a much more powerful committee than at the time when I joined. This is the result of the ongoing efforts of some very active members and EURALO (with for instance Olivier as the chair for 4 years) was an key contributor here. We need more of such committed members to keep up this positive development.

I believe my biggest contribution during my term was the establishment of the Academy (which is not yet in the place where it should be) and the Leadership Programme. My intention was always to facilitate the ground for a better exchange between the committees at ICANN, i.e. breaking silos. My experience from EuroDIG and the Summer School (EuroSSIG) where I learned to facilitate a multistakeholder environment was the basis for all my activities.My experience in making selections based on CVs for the Summer School will help to read applications for positions at  ICANN committes.

I would now like to contribute at another place within ICANN and put my name forward to become the next EURALO representative at the NomCom. I believe with the above mentioned background and activities I could take up from there - supporting the ICANN community to become an even better place for an exchange among different actors.

I would kindly like to ask EURALO members for their support.

Yours Sandra

Selection Schedule for 2016 ALAC Delegates to the NomCom

• 26 April - Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.*
  • 26 April - 9 May  - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 10 working days).
  • 16 May - Deadline for nomination acceptances
  • 18 May - 25 May 2016 - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline). 
  • 27 May - Start of NomCom Delegate selection by ALAC
  • 2016 AGM [ ICANN 57 ]  - Newly elected ALAC representative shall be seated on the ALAC at the ALAC Wrap Up Session during the 2016 AGM.

*NOTES ON NOMINATIONS 

1. All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate and must also complete or update their Statement of Interest (see: At-Large New SOIs Workspace).
  2. No one who is currently serving on the Nominating Committee may be nominated for the ALAC. See https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-8

• No labels