Terri Agnew:Welcome to the At-Large Capacity Building Program-2015: Eighth Webinar on the Topic: "Input of At-Large into the Transition / Accountability Process" on Monday, 28 September 2015 at 13:00 UTC
  Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/6ZZYAw
  murraymckercher:Good Morning Terri
  Gisella Gruber:Good morning Murray! Gisella here :-)
  Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela:good morning
  Gisella Gruber:Good morning and welcome to Venezuela
  Otunte Otueneh:Good afternoon Gisella. Good afternoon all.
  Alfredo Calderon:Good Morning to all!
  Alfredo Calderon:From ISOC Puerto Rico
  Ron Sherwood:Good morning all
  Matthieu Camus:Good afternoon!
  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:hello, everyone, thanks, Gisella
  Ali AlMeshal:Hello everyone
  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:Happy Ramadan, Ali, hope you enjoyed your holiday :)
  Ali AlMeshal:Haha Siranush , it is not Ramadan!!
  Ali AlMeshal:it is Eid Al Haj
  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:it's HOLIDAY anyway:)
  Ali AlMeshal:Yes :)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi all
  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:hi, Cheryl
  Akin-Awokoya Emmanuel:Hi all
  Akin-Awokoya Emmanuel:We can hear you Olivier
  Glenn McKnight:We  willl be posting  the video  we shot  on  Thursday  whic included  Alan
  Glenn McKnight:THis is  was  the ISOC  Canada event
  Glenn McKnight:10:45 to 12:15 – Session 2: ICANN Accountability and the Transition of IANA StewardshipThis session will examine the work that is currently being done to make ICANN more accountable to its stakeholders and to transition the IANA function stewardship away from the US National Telecommunications and Information Administration (“NTIA”) and why these issues matter to everyone. The session will start with a description of the structure and functions performed by ICANN, including the IANA function. The role of ICANN in the Internet multi-stakeholder governance model will be discussed, and the involvement of governments in Internet governance will be addressed. This background will then be used as the launching point for a discussion of how the evolution of ICANN and the transition of the IANA function can affect the openness, security, stability and resiliency of the Internet.Panelists will include:Moderator: Glenn McKnight, Assistant Treasurer of ISCCKaren Rose, Senior Director of Strategy and Research at th
  Alan Greenberg:Glenn, that post was truncated
  Glenn McKnight:I  willl repost  in  small chunks
  Glenn McKnight:Here  s  te  pictues  of the  event  including  your   Slides  
  Glenn McKnight:https://www.flickr.com/photos/glennmcknight/albums/72157658625474180
  Glenn McKnight: ICANN Accountability and the Transition of IANA StewardshipThis session will examine the work that is currently being done to make ICANN more accountable to its stakeholders and to transition the IANA function stewardship away from the US National Telecommunications and Information Administration (“NTIA”) and why these issues matter to everyone.
  Glenn McKnight:he session will start with a description of the structure and functions performed by ICANN, including the IANA function. The role of ICANN in the Internet multi-stakeholder governance model will be discussed, and the involvement of governments in Internet governance will be addressed.
  Glenn McKnight:This background will then be used as the launching point for a discussion of how the evolution of ICANN and the transition of the IANA function can affect the openness, security, stability and resiliency of the Internet.
  Glenn McKnight:Panelists will include:Moderator: Glenn McKnight, Assistant Treasurer of ISCCKaren Rose, Senior Director of Strategy and Research at the Internet Society (“ISOC”)Cathy Handley, Executive Director Government Affairs of the American Registry for Internet Numbers (“ARIN”)Alan Greenberg, Chair of At-Large Advisory Committee (“ALAC”) of ICANN and member of the Cross Community Working Group (“CWG”) of ICANNAllan MacGillivray, Senior Policy Advisor to the President at the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (“CIRA”)
  Alan Greenberg:I heard an interesting statistic at the meeting that Glenn has referred to. The average number of interactions that all 5 RIRs have with IANA (now that IPv4 addresses have run out at the IANA level) is 13 per year. That is the total for all 5 RIRs!
  Glenn McKnight:The  video of  this  session  will  be  posted  soon
  Alan Greenberg:That presume we can find a volunteer knowledgable in registry matters to put the time into CSC participation.
  murraymckercher:fyi..i found the following part of the wiki helpful in understanding exactly what the IANA functions are..
  murraymckercher:https://www.icann.org/news/blog/iana-functions-usage-analysis
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ALAC statement on 2nd Draft Proposal of the Cross Community Working Group to Develop an IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal on Naming Related Functions : https://community.icann.org/x/XConAw
  Glenn McKnight:@ Alan's comment  above on RIR's is  quite interesting.   I  willl paste  the slide in the  chat box
  Joly MacFie:Alan, is there not need to co-ordinate v6 number distro?
  Alan Greenberg:Each RIR gets blocks from IANA. Rules for distribution already established, and blocks are so large that they do not need to go back very often.
  Alan Greenberg:But for the record, I am quoting the number (provided by Cathy Handley from ARIN) and I have no real inside scoop on the details of the interactions.
  Alan Greenberg:Also noted that based on the number of /24 (256 address) IPv4 blocks available to ARIN, last Thursday was the day that for ARIN, IPv4 addresses were expected to run out.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks
  Graham Schreiber:GNSO / ccNSO  ~   This is how CentralNic has been able to blend-in with their FAKE.cc.COMs and .LA
  Graham Schreiber:That coupled with the fact that they sold .UK under NOMINET's predecessor, the "Naming Committee"
  Graham Schreiber:Both the Private-Sector and Businesses  using dotCOM are subject to FTC Antitrust Lawl and all other applicable USA Laws.
  Graham Schreiber:ICANN ~ Contract Compliance let CentralNic DOMAIN NAME / Fake.cc.COMs harm comsumsers and confuse / redirect consumers from ccTLDs like .UK ~ .DE ~ .EU etc, etc.
  Akin-Awokoya Emmanuel:Really I dont understand what Fake.cc.coms means in the context
  Graham Schreiber:.uk.com violates the ICANN RAA 3.7.7.9 as it's marketed to Infringe & Dilute .COM with SUB-Domains.
  Graham Schreiber:Hi Akin:   Please see ...
  Graham Schreiber:CentralNic's domains provide an alternative to the existing Top Level Domains (TLDs) and Country Code Top Level Domains (ccTLDs), allowing the creation of a simultaneously local and global Internet Identity.<><>https://www.centralnic.com/portfolio/registration
  Akin-Awokoya Emmanuel:thank look at that quickly
  Graham Schreiber:Thanks, You and the United States Department of Justice at SCOTUS, with FTC FBI & WWWICEgov
  Akin-Awokoya Emmanuel:Thank you
  Graham Schreiber:ICANN will definatively become the subject of United States Law.    
  Graham Schreiber:http://www.supremecourt.gov/search.aspx?filename=/docketfiles/14-1480.htm
  Graham Schreiber:SCOTUS Conference of September 28, 2015 is on ICANN Et Al.       They'll make ICANN "Accountable".
  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:Bonsoir á Tous
  Gisella Gruber:Bonsoir Abdeldjalil
  Akin-Awokoya Emmanuel:"it would be nice if we succeeded"
  Graham Schreiber:I'm for ACCOUNTABILITY to be imposed on ICANN.   Maintaining ICANN u/ USA Laws & oversight.
  Joly MacFie:ALan: What's the rush?
  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:Merci Gissela je suis en retard mais ça n'empeche pas de prendre le train
  Johnny Laureano:thanks
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:My point of view is that all of this talka bout Court battles are a Red Herring. If lawuits start flying across ICANN's community, the ICANN multistakeholder model will be dead.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Agreed, Olivier
  Joly MacFie:The 90 day I know
  Joly MacFie:Thanks Alan
  Carlton Samuels:Um, well, court battles are not unusual. Except that most tended to be from contracted community - or folks who would wish to be in the contracted house
  Akin-Awokoya Emmanuel:Hello
  Graham Schreiber:Hi Olivier Crepin-Leblond ~ Courts make companies, like ICANN,  conduct themselves "accountability" within proper & well considered Laws.
  Gisella Gruber:Akin-Awokoya - are you able to speak?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Emmanuel's mic is working now
  Carlton Samuels:Well, so long as ICANN remain a U.S corporation all parties with grievance will have unfettered rights to go to U.S. District court
  Carlton Samuels:Even if the membership model prevails
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Graham: understood - but how likely is it that ICANN remaining a US corporation will satisfy the rest of the world?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I gather Jurisdiction issues will be addressed in Work Stream 2 of Accountability which is likely to be a lot further in the future
  Graham Schreiber:For the record, I like ICANN as it was originally composed, by the US Government.
  Graham Schreiber:It is and thanks for the consideration.
  Gisella Gruber:Please note we are not able to interpret
  Carlton Samuels:That Work Stream 2 will be makework.  The U.S. government already signals its intent; I doubt any USG will change that, at least until they rescind the presidential executive order that 'the Internet is in the national security interest of the United States'. I think the US remianing the jurisdiction for ICANN will remain in the forseeable future in furtherance of 'stability and security'.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:have to step away from the call, thanks for the presentations from Olivier and Alan Very informative
  Glenn McKnight:Great  job  thanks  
  Glenn McKnight:Bye
  Ariel Liang:@Graham - I'm pasting your comment here (you put in the Q&A pod but it's a comment rather than a question)
  Ariel Liang:Graham Schreiber: Thanks.  Board Members of ICANN / IANA Board, in my opinion, should be composed of Elected Employeess of ccTLDs and could therefore be able to represent "National Members" on the Global Root mangement.
  Graham Schreiber:Thank you  @Ariel Liang
  Ali AlMeshal:Thanks for both speakers
  Ali AlMeshal:bye
  Ariel Liang:no problem Graham
  Alan Greenberg:We have4 minutes!
  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:bye
  STEFANO TRUMPY:VERY  interesting; thanks
  Graham Schreiber:Hi Olivier Crepin-Leblond:  ~  I'm a Canadian citizen & netizen, whom the USA can use as an example of being a Non-American ~ Self Represented / Harmed Person ~ who's been given fair consideration.
  Sébastien:Depending of where we are at that time?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I am not voting on this Q
  Sébastien:I abstain
  Graham Schreiber:Today, as I sit in a DC Hotel the SCOTUS Court is considering my Lawsuit against ICANN Et Al.
  Ariel Liang:The poll is in the bottom right corner (in case any of you didn't see it)
  Graham Schreiber: 5 ~
  Ariel Liang:@graham - please cast your vote in the pod :)
  Graham Schreiber:I just did, I hope it worked.   It didn't show a "received" type confirmation.
  Aziz:haha
  Graham Schreiber:5 ~ The webinar is great!   Thanks.
  Ron Sherwood:Thanks to all , Bye
  Ariel Liang:@Graham - you are right that it won't show the 'received' confirmation. From staff side we will be able to check who voted at the end
  Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela:ty vm for the webminar
  Graham Schreiber:Thanks all.   Cheers, Graham.
  Carlton Samuels:Thanks all
  Akin-Awokoya Emmanuel:bye all
  Alfredo Calderon:Great work from all!
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All!
  Ariel Liang:thanks all!
  Matthieu Camus:thank you!

• No labels