You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 61 Next »

Members

The members of At-Large Website Revamp Task Force, organized by affiliation, are:

Affiliation
At-Large CommunityOlivier Crépin-Leblond
At-Large CommunityDev Anand Teelucksingh
At-Large CommunityAnthony Niiganii
ICANN At-Large Staff

Heidi Ullrich

ICANN At-Large StaffAriel Xinyue Liang
ICANN Web StaffChris Gift
ICANN Web Staff

Steve Allison

External Consultant TeamColumn Five Media

Meetings

The next call is scheduled on: 25 September 2014

25 September 2014

Adobe Connect Chat 

Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the Website Revamp Project on Thursday 25 of September at 18:30 UTC
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello Gisella, Kathy, hearing me?
  Kathy Schnitt:Dev I am not hearing you
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hmm, ok....
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Good, except for lack of mic. Hearing you good
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello all
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Ariel Liang:This is the document
  Ariel Liang:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ar_8JZbecKoFA1Hoq1J0gDpJ5mdaImAVa_6wxuVfgLc/edit#
  Ariel Liang:Sorry pls try this link:
  Ariel Liang:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ar_8JZbecKoFA1Hoq1J0gDpJ5mdaImAVa_6wxuVfgLc/edit?usp=sharing
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):yes
  Silvia Vivanco:I will write some questions as you speak
  Silvia Vivanco:not to interrupt so you can respond
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):I agree with Heidi
  Silvia Vivanco:- Can community members send articles and have we envisioned an interactive section?
  Ariel Liang:Please keep in mind that this is a working progress, so the structure you see right now is not final
  Silvia Vivanco:or if a community member would like to put his own blog could we link it?
  Silvia Vivanco:to this site?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I agree with Heidi -- the events are actually the calendar of At-Large meetings and conference calls, isn't it? that's like 3 or 4 calls per day. That would be overwhelming if it was in a news feed. Real "news" would be lost amongst the fully of activity
  Heidi Ullrich:If we spell out At-Large Strcutures, we need to spell out RALOs...
  Heidi Ullrich:should Workign Groups be immed after ALAC?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:How much of this site is Static; how much is dynamic?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I would say the Explore section is mostly static - the Discover section is more dynamic
  Heidi Ullrich:to me Explore and Discover are very similar. What about "Become Involved" or "How to get involved?"...
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The wording of Explore and Discover may need to change. Agree with Heidi
  Silvia Vivanco:@ Heidi correct, I think Explore and Discover can be confusing
  Silvia Vivanco:agree with How to get involved
  Heidi Ullrich:Sorry to focus on the wording, but "make a difference" normally is where you can donate funds...
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):I think ATLAS should be added under ALAC, as it presents and opportunity of the community's voice as a whole
  Heidi Ullrich:Agree with Anthony that there needs to be some area for the ATLAS and other big At-Large events
  Silvia Vivanco:Just call it Newcomers area instead of Make a Difference
  Silvia Vivanco:so that its consistent with ICANN 's terminology
  Silvia Vivanco:will this site be connected to ICANN's site? or linked to some of the tutorials and diagrams shown in that site
  Silvia Vivanco:We could connect with the  ICANNN main site which has lots of diagrams and infographics
  Silvia Vivanco:good point Ariel
  Silvia Vivanco:we can link it to the WIKIs
  Silvia Vivanco:the WIKis are interactive
  Silvia Vivanco:yes! excellent
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):draw on fund development techniques: think, feel and do to engage the audience
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):thanks Steve
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):+1 Heidi
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I'm thinking "WHO We Are" or equivalent should replace "Explore"
  Silvia Vivanco:Some RALOs (APRALO) for example will engage with other ICANN groups for example APRALO-APAC HUB strategy
  Silvia Vivanco:I would like to show that strategy
  Silvia Vivanco:Agree with  the map and compliance has a wonderful map
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):that's were sponsorship requests will come in handy
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:classifying the work under the taxonomy as discussed before
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:To me Organizational Structure isn't "WHAT We Do"
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:also, the org structure is presented top down and not bottom up
  Silvia Vivanco:your approach Olivier means someone needs to constantly update the RALO section
  Silvia Vivanco:@ Dev what do you mean? how to make it bottom up?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:start with At-Large, first is ALSes
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:then RALOS
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:then ALAC
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:not from the "top" - ALAC, RALO, ALSes
  Silvia Vivanco:ok so inverse the hierarchy
  Silvia Vivanco:ok got it
  Silvia Vivanco:very good approach Ariel
  Silvia Vivanco:I like this approach you are describing
  Silvia Vivanco:@ Ariel and Steve I will be happy to look at the contents of the RALO pages
  Silvia Vivanco:when you are ready
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):@Olivier that not always accessible
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):any pop outs cause confusion with screen readers
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):I like the idea
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yep +1
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:unfortunately, not all RALOs allow individuals to be recognised
  Silvia Vivanco:not yet Dev
  Silvia Vivanco:but the trend is that they will allow
  Silvia Vivanco:individuals
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I can think of one RALO that will resist
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Get Involved!
  Silvia Vivanco:Structure is good
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):the structure is a good step forward
  Ariel Liang:yes structure first
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Under WHO We Are - probably need to use a short explaination about ICANN and then point to the main ICANN website
  Gisella Gruber:Please note that Olivier is travelling next week, Wednesday onwards and I am not sure about his availablity and connectivity
  Gisella Gruber:And we have a heavy call schedule so if you need a call, please let me know ASAP
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Monday is exceptionally busy ;-)
  Anthony Niiganii (MBE):Thank you all for being flexible and so accommodating – great meeting and excellent progress.  Ekosi! Kinanaskomitinawa Anthony.
  Silvia Vivanco:very good call
  Ariel Liang:Thank you very much everyone! I will read through the comment in the chat as well.

Adobe Recording

Audio Recording

Transcript

19 September 2014

Adobe Chat 

Adobe Recording - Due to AC tech issues during call this is a partial recording

Audio recording - Full recording

Transcript

18 September 2014

Adobe Recording

Transcript

12 September 2014

Action Items 

Key Takeaways 

Adobe Chat 

Adobe Recording

Transcription

11 September 2014

Adobe Chat 

Adobe recording

Transcription

Action items

Project Charter  

22 August 2014

Action Items 

08 August 2014 

Agenda   

Action Items 

Resource

Below are the transcripts and summary of the 2012 community member interviews on the topic of the At-Large website improvement 

Error rendering macro 'viewpdf'

com.atlassian.confluence.macro.MacroExecutionException: com.atlassian.confluence.macro.MacroExecutionException: The viewfile macro is unable to locate the attachment "atlarge-requirements-synthesis-08aug12-en.pdf" on this page

Error rendering macro 'viewpdf'

com.atlassian.confluence.macro.MacroExecutionException: com.atlassian.confluence.macro.MacroExecutionException: The viewfile macro is unable to locate the attachment "at-large-prelim-project-steps-24sep12-en.pdf" on this page

• No labels