Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the ROP WG and Metrics SC call on Monday 27 August 2012 at 1800 UTC

Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/fA8eAg

Matt Ashtiani:hello and welcome everyone

Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello!

Holly Raiche:Hi everyone.  Just waiting to be called

Darlene Thompson:Hello all!

Nathalie  Peregrine:Holly, can you please confirm your number, to be on the safe side, we're doing the dial outs now.

Holly Raiche:The US number is (508) 758 2442

Nathalie  Peregrine:The operator got your VM, they're trying again Holly

Nathalie  Peregrine:For those connected on the audio bridge, please mute your PC speakers to avoid echo and background noises, thank you!

sergio salinas porto:hello all

Heidi Ullrich:Hello, everyone!

sergio salinas porto:hi heidi!

Eduardo Diaz:Hoal a todos

Yaovi Atohoun:Hello all

sergio salinas porto:hola eduardo!!!! comoe stas amigo? saludos desde argentina

Eduardo Diaz:I am connected to the EN channel

Alan Greenberg:Bad echo

Alan Greenberg:(or a GOOD echo if you like echos)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:bit of an echo  we will try and sort

Matt Ashtiani:hi all, please remember to mute your computer seakers

sandra hoferichter:Hi all, I´ll be with you in 5 min.

Heidi Ullrich:Holly, your line has been muted. It was causing the echo.

Cintra Sooknanan:Hello everyone

Heidi Ullrich:Holly, *7 to unmute

Heidi Ullrich:All Drafting Teams now have Sandbox workspaces :)

Sylvia Herlein:hello everyone!!

Heidi Ullrich:they are linked to today's agenda as well as each of the DT Wiki workspaces

Natalia Enciso:hello everyone!

Darlene Thompson:Yep!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:We do

Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello Sylvia and Natalia!

Sylvia Herlein:hi

Natalia Enciso:I am in the EN channel

Natalia Enciso:Hi Nathalie

Nathalie  Peregrine:Noted :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Oh  OK  sorry  I thought youy were in ES

Natalia Enciso:I am on the AC, maybe thats why I am on the En channel

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:ahh :-)

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes new definitions will be handled at the end

Nathalie  Peregrine:Natalia, we can dial out to you if you want to join the ES channel

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:I have put a polaceholder in for Glosarry as an APENDIX

Heidi Ullrich:apologies!

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Jacque Morris sends her apologies - she sent an email

Nathalie  Peregrine:Thank you Sala!

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Draft Working Document for this call has been sent to the DSDT - please check mailbox

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:to help us idenitfy areas of overlap

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:I like tht style Alan

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes Alan that is the most efficient way to do it

Carlton Samuels:Definitions in 1 place, please

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:there are rare exceptions

Darlene Thompson:Agree with Alan - don't bother defining in-line

Cintra Sooknanan:I prefer just the definitions.. so it is easier to update

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:prefer Definitions in one place

Carlton Samuels:I prefer defintion is in one place, in the Definitions Section

Darlene Thompson:Yep, I know Alan - sorry - typed it before your "in-line also" comment came out.

Darlene Thompson:In-line becomes redundant then, in my mind, but I won't be heart broken either way

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:[I hope all the DSDT on this call have received their copy of the working document to help track areas of overlap

Natalia Enciso:On the sp now, thanks Nathalie.

Heidi Ullrich:sorry, we are trying to mute that line.

Nathalie  Peregrine:Operators are on it

Heidi Ullrich:that was Olivier's line

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:lol

Heidi Ullrich:he's on the call, but no in the AC

Darlene Thompson:Its hard to keep Olivier in line...

Carlton Samuels:The structure of the document must follow a pattern we would have established.  The very first two sections will be A: Authorities and Structure   B: Defintions

Yaovi Atohoun:I am traveling to Accra  (Ghana) early tomorrow morning and I am sorry that I will leave the meeeting a 18h30 UTC to solve an issue in town. Thanks

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:With respect to the Definitions, we have reviewed the existing definitions and would like to give a cut off date to all other draft Teams to send in what they perceive need to be inserted into the Definitions section. The Peer Review Process will be ongoing until the final draft is submitted

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:This is in terms of new definitions, please visit the DSDT Workplan to see teh scheduling for this

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:NP Yaovi

Cintra Sooknanan: I prefer just the definitions.. so it is easier to update

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:we won't decide now but the comments are noted Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:we will decide now Sala

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:ok

Darlene Thompson:Agree with Cintra

Carlton Samuels:@Alan: I mean a specific section of the document that has a header/label "Definitions" and which contains all of the definitions for all terms requiring this before use in the document.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:as each DT  will be doing some in text Deffiitions  as well as  task and Major Definitions  from DSDT

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:if Alan's proposal is agreed to

Eduardo Diaz:Maybe we can footnotes for those definition the first time they appear in addition to the definintion section

Eduardo Diaz:i missed the verb "use" before footnotes.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:yes that is also a alteration option to the inline either  links it to the oage the 1st reference happens

Alan Greenberg:Footnotes work well on paper but the equivalent on the web is hyperlinks.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:agreed Alan

Eduardo Diaz:I like hyperlinks

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:rememebre the written form for us is a downloadable and printed  PDF

Alan Greenberg:On the web, for definitions, perhaps better than a hyperlink is that you can hover over word and definition pops up.

Eduardo Diaz:@alan: +1

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes we can prepare two modes

Rudi Vansnick:footnote alikes

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:one for web and one for print

Carlton Samuels:@Alan on thinking for plain old analog documents; +1

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:yes footnotes seem easy

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:it will be readable

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Teams are asked to visit the DSDT Sandbox to see the current draft  revisions of existing definitions

Heidi Ullrich:DSDT sandbox link: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Definition+and+Structure+Draft+Team+Sandbox

Eduardo Diaz:@cintra: I disagree. I always like a section where I can see ALL definitions regarding from which section it is used

Rudi Vansnick:i'll have a look on what technology can offer us as a solution

Yaovi Atohoun:Sorry that I am leaving now. We'll see the minutes

Heidi Ullrich:Holly, your line is NOT muted, so you should be able to speak when called upon.

Alan Greenberg:Agree with Eduardo. If a term is capitalized, it must show up in the definitions section. COnsistency is important.

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks for joining, Yaovi.

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:By Yaovi, your presence is appreciated - will update you later

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Rudi, you can look for something and let us all know

Alan Greenberg:Typically the display and print forms are the same text, but with different CSS (stylesheets) to define how items are handled.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Readability  id the main driver at all times 

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:absolutely

Matt Ashtiani:cheryl - please confirm - AI: Staff to help draft a glossary/preamble of all definitions within the ammended ROPs?

Cintra Sooknanan:ha.. I would love to see the length of time we take on the substantive points.

Heidi Ullrich:ok, thanks

Alan Greenberg:MAtt, think the issue was that staff would confirm/suggest style formats to allow both display and print

Heidi Ullrich:that was a suggestion I made to Cheryl regarding using the bylaws as a starting point for the definition of the ALAC: http://www.icann.org/en/about/governance/bylaws#XI

Holly Raiche:i did  alan is right

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Alan most often is...

Carlton Samuels:At Alan on rules of conduct: +1

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I find the RoP to be for ALAC Business and Conduct of Meetings etc such as voting, proxies etc

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Declaration of Conflict of Interest etc

Nathalie  Peregrine:Hadja Ouatarra has joined the audio bridge

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:This is why we are using the current style in Definitions

Heidi Ullrich:ICANN's Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards

Eduardo Diaz:What if we you include a statement that we shall follow the code of conduct adopted by ICANN as a whole

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Re: code of conduct, might be more straightforward to link to ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards

Natalia Enciso:I think the code of conduct should exists as a document. Maybe mention in ROPS that at-large members are binding to that document which forms part of the Rops.

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes agree with Natalia

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Cheryl - the syncing of Work Plans too please at some stage

Heidi Ullrich:Duties and Metrics DT Sandbox: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Rules+of+Procedure+Duties+and+Metrics+Drafting+Team+Sandbox

Cintra Sooknanan:agree that code of conduct needs to be a separate document as it may be updated more frequently and has a different standard of agreement than the ROP as a whole

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Someone needs to mute their mike

Nathalie  Peregrine:Please remember to announce yourselves for the interpreters, thank you

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:hmmm Matt I note the sandbox has no link toi the document Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:is referring to

Matt Ashtiani:i am happy tp add it. alan - can you send me the document(s)

Heidi Ullrich:Alan, could you please send staff the links?

Heidi Ullrich:oh no!

Matt Ashtiani::-)

Heidi Ullrich:thanks, Alan. That is what we wanted to know.

Heidi Ullrich:last night, Alan ;)

Heidi Ullrich:Apologies for not informing the Penholders

Cintra Sooknanan:I am disconnected but following on adobe so no need for call back thanks

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Our Repository is the Rules and References Section

Heidi Ullrich:ok, Cintra.

Natalia Enciso:I have to leave now. Have an appointment with phisioterapist. Will listen to the audio later. e-See you on wednesday.

Cintra Sooknanan:hope all is well Natalia

Holly Raiche:we aren'y doing meetings

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Thanks Natalia

Natalia Enciso:THanks Cintra, yes everything is fine. Take care. Will leave the AC open for recording. Cheers

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:For instance things like qualification of ALAC

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:so when we are drafting the structure we can leave space for things like Subject to <xxxx> the ALAC shall...

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Alan

Holly Raiche:yes please

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Alan

Heidi Ullrich:Meeting and Administration DT Sandbox: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Rules+of+Procedure+Process%3A+Meetings+and+Administration+Sandbox

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:rofl re: standing

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Things like types of Meetings, face to face meetings; working meetings

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:All of Prime Ministers in the Pacific are in Cook Islands

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:including Hillary Clinton?

Cintra Sooknanan:wow

Heidi Ullrich:Sandbox of the Elections, Selections and Appointments: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Rules+of+Procedure+Process%3A+Elections%2C+Selections%2C+and+Appointments+Drafting+Team+Sandbox

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:lol

Heidi Ullrich:Staff wrote Yjro an urgent message to join the call.

Cintra Sooknanan:I am off to the WHois Survey Drafting Team call

Carlton Samuels:I need to leave the call now.  Duty calls.  See y'all

Cintra Sooknanan:bye bye

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Bye Cintra and Carlton

sergio salinas porto:bye

Rudi Vansnick:bye

Heidi Ullrich:Metrics Sandbox: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Metrics+Sub-Committee+Drafting+Workspace

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:where is the template?

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:i see

Matt Ashtiani:almost up

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Excellent Cheryl

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro::) [Now I have hope that we will finish before Toronto]

Eduardo Diaz:Is there a link to the template?

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:i can't seeing the template

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:oops see

Heidi Ullrich:Cheryl is this the right page: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Metrics+Sub-Committee+Drafting+Workspace

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:yes i was also wondering where that new addition came from - had seen it on the wiki but did not open it

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I don't think the right thing is up

Matt Ashtiani:sorry :-)

Heidi Ullrich:Sorry, that was my fault

Alan Greenberg:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Rules+of+Procedure+Modification+Proposals+Workspace

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Alan!

Alan Greenberg:The link above is the TEMPLATE page

Eduardo Diaz:Who is moderating this page? Can we make changes directly or via comments?

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:for the DSDT - we comment on our own wiki; for comments on other DTs, yes everyone can comment on others but we are not allowed to touch any other's DT space

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:we can change our DSDT space

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:For us - we will create a childpage for comments from other DTs

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:yes numbering is not so important at the moment - Cheryl was wise in using letters for now

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:+1 Cheryl

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:This is most excellent

Heidi Ullrich:The next joint call should be in 3 weeks - 17 September

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Cheryl can you please add A.0 for Definitions

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I will do it

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thank you for the permission

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@Alan which is why we preserve the childpages - on our drafts we have inserted comments on revised changes

Darlene Thompson:THANK YOU CHERYL!!!!!!!

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks for that, Cheryl! ;)

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:II thought it was inbuilt for transparency

Darlene Thompson:E-mails on minor wording changes are driving me buggy

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:but if people are happy not to be notified, fine with me

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:the alternative also is to unsunscribe to to the watching

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:excellent Cheryl

Darlene Thompson:As a working group member, why would I want to unsubscribe when there may be major changes???

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:see the second comment

Heidi Ullrich:Alan, just inform staff

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:overrides the first comment

Heidi Ullrich:when you would like to hold your DT calls.

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Cheryl explained and am happy with the explanation

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks!

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:adios everyone - gracias

Rudi Vansnick:bye and thank you all

sandra hoferichter:Bye, bye!

Eduardo Diaz:Gracias. Great meeting!

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thank you everyone

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:bye all

sergio salinas porto:bye

• No labels