Date: Monday, 07 September 2020

Time:  21:00 - 22:00 UTC  - For the time in various time zones click here

Zoom Room:  https://icann.zoom.us/j/94973116293?pwd=dy9SM2w2SkRscFQ2K0t4OEF3L2RWUT09

Password: CBWGWeb#05

Interpretation Available: ES and FR

How can I participate in this meeting?

Conference ID: 1638 (EN) 1738 (ES) 1838 (FR)

RTT Linkhttps://www.streamtext.net/player?event=ICANN [streamtext.net]

Participants:

EN: Holly Raiche, Maureen Hilyard, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Vernatius Ezeama, Jacob Odame-Baiden, Dr. Gopal Tadepalli, Joan Katambi, Nkem Nweke, Rachad Sanoussi, Joanna Kulesza, Pablo Rodriguez, Mohamed Fadul, Gordon Chillcott, Badriyya Yusuf, Sasa Kovacevic, Alex Deacon, Bill Jouris, Vrikson Acosta, Maire Pattullo, Phillippe Fouquart, Pua Hunter, Glenn McKnight, Alfredo Calderon, Geoff Huston, John More, Hamza Salami, Roberto Gaetano, Suada Hadzovic, Sarah Kiden, Nigel Cassimire, Alireza Sal, Pam Little, Kayri Cherena, Lito Ibarra, Bukola Oronti, Manal Ismail, Nadira Al-Araj, Evelyne Kouakou, Avri Doria, Bakary Kouyate, Godfred Ahuma, Abdeldjalil bachar Bong, Patrick Raimond, Bruce Tonkin, Judith Hellerstein, Remmy Nweke, Yao, Suhail, Natalie Rose, Amine Hacha, Marie-Noemie Marques

FR:Olévié Kouami, Michel Tchonang Linze

ES: Alberto Soto

Apologies: Karen Mulberry 

Staff: Gisella Gruber, Evin Erdoğdu, Adam Peake, Berry Cobb, Kimberly Carlson, Nicolas Antoniello, David Huberman

Interpreters: 

ES: David and Sabrina

FR: Aurélie and Jacques

Call Management: Gisella Gruber

Recording: ENES, FR

Transcript: EN, ES, FR

Zoom Chat: EN 

Zoom Recording: EN

Action Items: EN

Guest Speaker: Holly Raiche

Holly is on the ALAC Leadership Team, representing ALAC’s Asia-Pacific Regional Organisation. She is a Director and Chair of the Policy Committee of Internet Australia (the Australian Chapter of ISOC).  She is also a Director on the Boards of the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) and the Australian Privacy Foundation. 

She is an Adjunct Lecturer at the Law Faculty of UNSW and lectures at the Department of Media and Communications at Sydney University in Internet Cultures and Governance.

Holly has an MA and an LLB, is a non-practicing Solicitor in New South Wales.

Description: 

The topic is DoH/DoT: Benefits, Drawbacks and a Way Forward?

The presentation will include what the terms mean, and how the two technologies work, as well as the debates on both the benefits and drawbacks of the technologies.

Relevant links:

AGENDA:   

1. Introduction by the Capacity Building Working Group Co-Chair - Joanna Kulesza (5 min)

2. Presentation and Pop Quiz – Holly Raiche (30 min)

3. Q & A – All (20 min)

4. Webinar Evaluation Survey – At-Large Staff (2min)

5. Concluding Remarks and Next Steps by a Capacity Building Working Group Co-Chair - Joanna Kulesza (3 min)

• No labels

1 Comment

1. I thank Holly Raiche for a very lucid presentation on DoH / DoT. I am sorry for the technical snag that made me post my question to the chat towards the fag end of the webinar. In theory, DoH and DoT appear to be mutually exclusive by design. DoT is at the Transport layer and can be with the Operating System. DoH is at the Application Layer and it uses the DoT related functionalities through the Operating Systems. I wish that DoH and DoT are also explored from the latest technology trends in "Cross - Layering" and "Right - Sizing'. I hope the next Capacity Building Webinar elaborates on these topics.

Repeating the Question in the Chat: Can DoH be built on DoT ?

Gopal T V