You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 17 Next »

At-Large Statement of Interest (SOI) Form

1) Please enter your Name:

Hadia Elminiawi

2) Picture/Image:
(Instructions: Click in the field to the right to open up the text input window. Then click the <Insert> menu button, select <Image>, then choose (or browse) to locate an image file (e.g., JPG, PNG, BMP) from your local computer to upload. After insertion, please click on the picture and adjust the size to no larger than 200 pixels). 

3) Are you participating in the At-Large advisory process (including email and real-time discussions) as a representative of:

a) ALAC (if so, detail the region and term):

Africa - two years term 2017 AGM - 2019 AGM, participating in AFRALO monthly calls and ALAC meetings and calls.

b) A Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) (if so, please detail the region, position and term):

AFRALO representative to the ALAC council. 2017 AGM - 2019 AGM

c) An ICANN-accredited At-Large Structure (if so, which one):

d) Any ICANN Committee, Constituency or Stakeholder Group (if so, which one(s))?

ALAC

e) Any other company or organization, whether commercial or nonprofit (if so, please detail the organization and your position):

4) Please identify your current employer(s):

National Telecom Regulator of Egypt (NTRA)

5) Please identify your current position(s):

Director, DNS - Entrepreneurship Center (DNS-EC). ALAC Council member

6) Please identify the type(s) of work performed:

As the director of the DNS Entrepreneurship Center I have put the center's current mission, vision and strategic plan. During the past three years I have successfully embarked on a youth outreach and development program and today I have fixed annual DNS Operations and DNSSEC workshops at the Faculty of Engineering Cairo University and the faculty of Computer and Information Sciences, Ain Shams University. I have started working with the American University in Cairo (AUC) in addition to other universities in Egypt. I also have annual interns from the faculty of Engineering Cairo University. I have developed partnerships with IBM, the Egyptian Universities Network. In addition, partnerships with some African entities are being discussed. I conduct regional technical and outreach courses, in addition to awareness programs like those related to UA. I have worked with ALAC and ICANN on policy, outreach and engagement and organizational issues through various working groups and policy development processes.

7) Please identify your declared country of primary residence:

Egypt

8) Please list any financial relationship beyond de minimus stock ownership you may have with any company that to your knowledge has a financial relationship or contract with ICANN:

none

9) Please identify any other relevant arrangements, interests, or benefits as requested in the following two questions:

a) Do you, your employer, and/or sponsor have any type of material or financial interest in the At-Large advisory process and its outcomes?

No

If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the interest:

b) Are there any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your participation as a work team member?

No

If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the arrangements/agreements and the name of the group, constituency, or person(s):

10) Please identify any Working Groups or other chartered teams in which you are participating (include acronyms, if applicable):

• EPDP Phase I and EPDP Phase II (EPDP on Temporary Specification for the gTLD Registration Data)
  • At-Large Review Implementation Working Group (ARIWG)
  • CPWG
  • ATLAS III Program Subgroup
  • ALAC subcommittee on outreach and engagement
  • At-Large Capacity Building WG
  • CCWG IG
  • ME SWG

11) Additional information (optional):

I hold a M.Sc. in Management and Leadership from Szent Istvan University, Hungary, a B.Sc. in Electronics and Communications from faculty of Engineering, Cairo University. A Diploma in Engineering Management, Courses in Internet technology and policy with Diplo foundation and Internet Governance in the MENA region with Hivos and Diplo foundation. Proposed, organized and was a speaker at a session at the Aftrica IGF, 2017. Actively involved in At-Large working groups related to policy, outreach and engagement and organizational issues. worked for more than 10 years at .eg. Board member of a non profit organization. Participated in organizations that help empower women. https://www.linkedin.com/in/hadia-elminiawi-80695053/

12) Page last revised:

20-Nov-2017

===========================

At-Large SOI Template v3 (Feb 2014)

• No labels