Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Yesim Nazlar: (5/11/2016 13:35) Welcome to the At-Large Capacity Building Program 2016 on the Topic of “How ALSes can be more engaged in At-Large and ICANN: an ALS Guide to participating held on Wednesady, 11 May 2016 at 13:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar: (13:35) Meeting Page: https://community.icann.org/x/UASOAw

Ron Sherwood: (15:57) Good morning everyone

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (15:57) hello, everyone

Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela: (15:58) good day everyone

Michel 2: (15:59) Good morning all

Joseph Mandjolo: (15:59) Bonjour à tous

Aída Noblia: (16:00) Buenos días a todos.

Michel 2: (16:00) Le son est très mauvais, merci

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (16:01) Bonsoir à tous

Michel 2: (16:01) il n'y a plus de son

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:02) yes we can hear Yesim

Tijani BEN JEMAA: (16:03) Les amis Francophones, est-ce que vous recevez le son correctement sur le canal Français?

Michel 2: (16:04) Cela commence à s'améliorer merci

Michel 2: (16:04) Là je viens de bien t'entendre

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (16:06) Tijani je suis pas sur dial out

Glenn McKnight: (16:07) No captioning?\

Glenn McKnight: (16:07) Can i get this  slideshow to convert to a  E BOOK

Diego Acosta Bastidas: (16:08) Por favor registrarme en canal en español. Saludos Diego Acosta bastidas

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (16:08) @Glenn - the presentaions appear to be on the agenda page : https://community.icann.org/x/UASOAw

Glenn McKnight: (16:08) Thanks  I will convert and upload

Diego Acosta Bastidas: (16:09) Tengo cero audio en Ecuador, ni siquiera el canal en inglés o francés

Glenn McKnight: (16:09) How  does  someone do the  poll from  Adigo?

Eduardo Diaz: (16:10) @DIego: ¿YA te estan ayudando?

judith hellerstein: (16:12) They can not

judith hellerstein: (16:14) Tijani had requested it for the end of May meeting and not this one

Beran GILLEN: (16:14) hello everyone sorry am late technical issues

Gordon Chillcott: (16:14) Hi.  Sorry I'm late

Joseph Mandjolo: (16:15) l'interpretation en fraçais svp

judith hellerstein: (16:15) @yesim I am here as well

Glenn McKnight: (16:15) @ judith  note  the discussion on ALS  attendance

Joly MacFie: (16:18) fb relay https://www.facebook.com/isocny/videos/10154997173723538/

Glenn McKnight: (16:18) Interesting statement on  'informed  participation"   how do you define this?

judith hellerstein: (16:19) Is this our new requirements for the future or current ones

judith hellerstein: (16:20) @gisella @silvia @yesim @ariel. Please list me as being here, I mentioned it earlier but I do not see my name on the list

Yesim Nazlar: (16:21) @Glenn: The presentations are availble on the agenda page

Glenn McKnight: (16:21) Correction.   Fellowship is not available to NARALO or  Western Europe

Glenn McKnight: (16:21) @Yesim  i see that  but they need images and editing before  creating a Ebook

judith hellerstein: (16:24) So we are discriminating agains indiginous people and others who happen to live in developed countries

Glenn McKnight: (16:25) I think they also need to reassess the stats for  Puerto Rico which has a serious  downturn.  Interesting one rep from Barbados is sponsored

judith hellerstein: (16:25) @siranoush, are these mandatory if people do not attend a meeting or wirtie a comment on the list serv how do you decertify

judith hellerstein: (16:27) We found out that currently attendance is not required for an ALS to maintain its satus

Maureen Hilyard: (16:28) @Judith. I think that you have to look at ALS participation holistically. Some may be very active in working groups and my not attend APRALO meetings regularly. (Siranush is now answering)

judith hellerstein: (16:29) Exactly but we were told that we can not exclude any one Nor is any type of engagement.  We feel that ALS needs to get engaged, either in a meeting posting comments, or involved  in working groups but we were recently told that it is not mandated

judith hellerstein: (16:29) We think like you it should be

judith hellerstein: (16:30) We thought so as well but in our decertification exercise we were told that we could not decertify a group for that reason

Maureen Hilyard: (16:31) @Judith.. as Siranush mentioned the timing of meetings and webinars may not be convenient. It is 3am where I am at the moment, Not particularly suitable for everyone in my region, especially if access to the internet is at work because they don't have internet connection at home - access issue

judith hellerstein: (16:32) Yes but they contribute in working groups or in some form of engaement.  We have people who do none of these, but still hang on to be an ALS

Maureen Hilyard: (16:32) We engage them in whatever way we can to encourage them to participate in some way

judith hellerstein: (16:32) and we are not allowed to decertify them

Glenn McKnight: (16:32) We did a poll to ask people for a change in the times  from 3 pm est and the vast majority said keep it as  is

Glenn McKnight: (16:32) Our  time zones  are minor issue

Alan Greenberg: (16:34) @Judith, decertification for non-meeting attendance is not an issue if it is a rule within the RALO, as it is for some RALOs.

Oksana Prykhodko: (16:35) Hello all, sorry for being late

Glenn McKnight: (16:35) @judith  we  need to reexamine the  NARALO  rules of  procedure on this issue

judith hellerstein: (16:35) But if you do not show up to meetings or be engaged in any meeting or working group that should be a way to decertify people

Glenn McKnight: (16:37) she is back

Glenn McKnight: (16:37) yes

Diego Acosta Bastidas: (16:37) Question to APRALO: yu have a fellowship program to the LACRALO'S ALS ?

judith hellerstein: (16:38) I also have a question

judith hellerstein: (16:38) had my hand up for a while

Glenn McKnight: (16:38) I have a question

Glenn McKnight: (16:38) I have a question

judith hellerstein: (16:38) @siroaush exactly

Glenn McKnight: (16:39) i agree

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (16:40) is that possible to get a accreditation  "a person " as ALS APRALO

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (16:40) a person can be as an individual member, not an ALS

judith hellerstein: (16:41) Each RALO does things differently

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (16:41) Judith, sorry i was following questions in chat space and missed your hand

Michel 2: (16:42) Yes

judith hellerstein: (16:42) NARALO has individual members which are called unaffilaited

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (16:42) Thanks Siranush

judith hellerstein: (16:43) @Siranoush thanks. I very much liked your presentation and found it very interesting. Did you have this in your by-laws

judith hellerstein: (16:44) We tried to make a metric combined of meeting particiaption, participation and comments/questions in working groups, active on mailing lists but we were told that since noe of this is mmandatory we can not decertify a group that does nto engage

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (16:45) thanks, Judith, it was taken from our ROP, so it is there

Diego Acosta Bastidas: (16:45)  dear Eduardo, what is the ALAC wiki link ?  

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (16:45) the presentation credit goes to Maureen:)

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (16:49) i got disconnected

Ariel Liang: (16:49) follow us on Twitter :) https://twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge

Ariel Liang: (16:50) Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge/

Ariel Liang: (16:50) and this is the At-Large website: https://atlarge.icann.org/

Diego Acosta Bastidas: (16:50) skype please dear Ariel

judith hellerstein: (16:51) for skype, please send your skype ID so that you can be included

Ariel Liang: (16:51) @Diego -  please add me on Skype and I will add you to the group: ariel.liang.icann

judith hellerstein: (16:52) @next gen is only open to univerisity students

Ariel Liang: (16:52) https://www.icann.org/development-and-public-responsibility/nextgen

Alan Greenberg: (16:52) The World Bank rules are no longer being used going forward for the Fellowship

Candice Mendez- Native Public Media: (16:54) Apologies. I will need to jump off this call to join another at the top of the hour. Thank you!

Beran GILLEN: (16:54) so what is being used then @Alan

Yesim Nazlar: (16:54) Thank you for your participation Candice!

Ariel Liang: (16:54) here are some tips how to subscribe to the At-Large Google Calendar: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Calendar

Sarah Kiden: (16:55) Thank you Siranush and Eduardo. So helpful.

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (16:55) thank you, Sarah, for participation

Candice Mendez- Native Public Media: (16:55) Thank yoy Eduardo & Siranush!

Candice Mendez- Native Public Media: (16:55) *you

Ariel Liang: (16:56) you can find also find the At-Large google calendar here to check out the meetings that you'd like to participate in: https://atlarge.icann.org/calendar. Can search meetings based on keywords

Otunte Otueneh: (16:56) This CHAT is good for Alses to have

judith hellerstein: (16:56) That is why captioning is so important

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (16:56) always here to support, Candice

Sarah Kiden: (16:57) @Judith, NextGen is not only for students. I was a NextGen participant in the last ICANN meeting. Applicants need to be between 18 - 30 years old.

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (16:57) Merci

judith hellerstein: (16:57) OH . I was told it has to be people who are affilaited with a university

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (16:57) +1 Sarah

Otunte Otueneh: (16:58) Can the CHAT be sent to the ALSes?

Maureen Hilyard: (16:58) @Judith.. I am a real captioning fan after comparing captioning and transcripts for webinar eBooks

Glenn McKnight: (16:58) Each  RALO leadership has their  own  methods

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (16:58) chat will be posted and available with the records

Nadira Alaraj: (16:58) Thanks for the presenters & the inputs in the chat

judith hellerstein: (16:58) Are you asking about Chat on Adobe

Beran GILLEN: (16:59) thanks this is very helpful

Otunte Otueneh: (16:59) The CHAT was very good

Otunte Otueneh: (17:00) @Judith, I mean the presentation CHAT that was used for illustration

Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela: (17:00) as a newcomer, I wish all of you identify where you came from in the meetings

Yesim Nazlar: (17:01) **Please MUTE your speakers while not speaking**

Glenn McKnight: (17:01) Hi Ricado  I am from Canada and Judith is  from US

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (17:01) Ricardo, I am from Armenia

Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela: (17:01) @Siranush, ty vm

Sarah Kiden: (17:02) +1 Maureen. Captioning was good the last time we had it

Eduardo Diaz: (17:02) @Ricardo: From Puerto Rico

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong 2: (17:03) Abdeldjalil from CHAD and from ISOC CHAD ALS

Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela: (17:03) ty all. I also mean, as a good use, to include your ALS or representation in your name

Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela: (17:03) in most cases it is very difficult to identify someone just for the name or nickname

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (17:03) @Ricardo - I'm from Trinidad and Tobago

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (17:04) @Ricardo: i represent Armenain Association for the Disabled and ISOC Armenia Board member

Maureen Hilyard: (17:04) @ Ricardo.. good idea to give others an idea of what regions are being represented at webinars and meeting

Maureen Hilyard: (17:04) Im from the Pacific - Cook Islands

judith hellerstein: (17:05) I am from the US

judith hellerstein: (17:05) + OLivier exactly that was my second question

Ron Sherwood: (17:05) I am from the Virgin Islands and Panama

judith hellerstein: (17:06) Is there a short summary of what is happening in each working group

Bastiaan Goslings: (17:06) I'm from Holland, on behalf of Ithe Dutch ISOC chapter

Maureen Hilyard: (17:06) @Olivier - our RALO leader answers these HOW questions as part of the ALS orientiation into APRALO

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (17:06) There's a presentation on communications done some time ago which lists the various communications tools : https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/PRE-ATLAS+II+Capacity+Building+Program+on+the+Topic+COMMUNICATIONS

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (17:06) with links

Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela: (17:07) ty Dev

Diego Acosta Bastidas: (17:07) I losed the call, please call me +593996154300

judith hellerstein: (17:08) @tijani. It was because you requested it for May 25 instead of this one

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (17:09) we have Beginners guide available and the great presentation info, shared by Dev here

judith hellerstein: (17:09) I tired to suggest to Silvia for this one but it was too late and also since you has specifically requested it for the one in late may

Ariel Liang: (17:09) https://atlarge.icann.org/get-involved

Ariel Liang: (17:10) https://atlarge.icann.org/get-involved/work-methods-and-collaboration-tools

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (17:10) Yippee @Ariel: going to subscribe to working groups now! :-)

judith hellerstein: (17:11) @ariel these are great we should put these links into future presentations

Eduardo Diaz: (17:11) Thnak you Ariel for th elinks.

judith hellerstein: (17:11) @siranoush can you answer my question re: metrics

Ariel Liang: (17:11) @Olivier - lol I think you already have been in 10 working groups

Heidi Ullrich: (17:11) Past Capacity Building webinars have information on engagement, WGs, etc - see: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Capacity+Building+Program+-+2016

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (17:12) @Judith: did u post it here? i missed it, can u type

Eduardo Diaz: (17:12) Great!

judith hellerstein: (17:12) NO I asked it in my question on the Q&A

Otunte Otueneh: (17:12) I am of ISOC Nigeria Chapter

Maureen Hilyard: (17:14) +1 Alan

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (17:16) sorry, i need to leave adobe space but will be via phone

Heidi Ullrich: (17:19) Very good comments on this call!

Heidi Ullrich: (17:19) Please keep in mind that there are tools for the RALOs and for ALSes to reach out and raise awareness

Heidi Ullrich: (17:20) For example, each RALO has an Adobe Connect room for its own use. ALSes can use it to present to their groups.

Heidi Ullrich: (17:20) Each ALS has a wiki page they can use.

Maureen Hilyard: (17:20) @Ricardo I can appreciate your dilemma about getting more members involved - I have a small ALS because our population is small

judith hellerstein: (17:20) The poll is only for those on adobe connect

Heidi Ullrich: (17:21) There are multimedia sources in the 6 UN languages: https://www.icann.org/news/multimedia?category=All+Categories

Sebastien: (17:21) The French is realy poor in that question

Sebastien: (17:22) Why there is correct answer for previous question?

Glenn McKnight: (17:23) How do you include the adigo  votes

judith hellerstein: (17:23) I agree there should be a choice betweeen more than one

judith hellerstein: (17:24) adigo people can not vote unless they are on adobe connect

Joly MacFie: (17:24) Sorry I am on delay on fb so a bit slow to respond on questions.

Sarah Kiden: (17:28) wow! So hard to participate in the voting from Adobe Connect on mobile

judith hellerstein: (17:28) Exactly

Otunte Otueneh: (17:29) I can't vote on my iPad.

judith hellerstein: (17:29) Yes we know that.

Aída Noblia: (17:29) mUCHAS gRACIAS. Saludos a todos. BuenSeminario

Ron Sherwood: (17:29) Tahnk you everyone... bye for now

Gordon Chillcott: (17:29) Bye for now and thanks

Oksana Prykhodko: (17:29) Thank you bye!

Michel 2: (17:29) Goog  bye all

Heidi Ullrich: (17:30) Bye!

Diego Acosta Bastidas: (17:30) Gracias saludos desde Ecuador

Silvia Vivanco: (17:30) Bye all!

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (17:30) merci bye v

Sarah Kiden: (17:30) Thank you