Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the MADT call on Tuesday 04 September 2012 at 1800 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/IoMoAg
  Maureen:Hi Gisella.. you are as clear as a bell, but I have just sent you a screen dump of the message I am still getting about verifying my hard drive... can't access the audio.. so its my side but not sure what the problem is
  Maureen:will need a dial up please
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please send me through your number and we will dial-out to you. Sorry you are having these issues - do you have tech support you could ask?
  Eduardo Diaz:Saludos a todos.
  Eduardo Diaz:thanks
  Eduardo Diaz:I can hear you thur the AC put will connect thru the bridge
  Rudi Vansnick:hello everybody, i'm connected to the adobe audio
  sergio salinas porto:hi everyone!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi all
  Yrjö Länsipuro:Hello
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello, Maureen,  what's the message you are getting? you can email it to admin@ttcsweb.org
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:hi gisella
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:I'm on the bridge
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/IoMoAg
  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome Sergio!
  sergio salinas porto:Thanks Gisella!
  Silvia Vivanco:Matt will take the minutes for the first 45 min and then I will take over
  Gisella Gruber-White:ROP Template: https://community.icann.org/x/H4AoAg
  Matt Ashtiani:no problem, alan :-)
  Matt Ashtiani:but we can change the name and the links *should* work
  Maureen:no looks good
  Gisella Gruber-White:Sandbox: https://community.icann.org/x/_oAoAg
  Matt Ashtiani:Please remember to mute your speakers if you are have dialed
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please remember to state your names when speaking - much appreciated
  sergio salinas porto:@alan perfect! understanding!
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Eduardo - your line is not very good - can you speak closer to your phone? The interpreters are having difficulties
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree on the right to any Member to 'Call for a Vote' on any issue...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:including the Right of the Chair  to do so....
  Maureen:I kike the idea of the quorum including regional representation before decisions are made
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:should also consider the 'Right'  for a ' Members Decision / Vote to be Recorded"  =>  that is  IF a Member(s) want their  Yes/ no/ Maybeb ?if...  noted
  Maureen:We record how people vote now.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Just a pointing out  for future  Yes  Alan  picks it up  as a 'Members Right' later  as  a matter for Consensus /decisions as well as Votes per se....
  sergio salinas porto:I think it is necessary to record the votes and how each of us vote
  Silvia Vivanco:@ OCL, interpreters could not interpret you
  Silvia Vivanco:could you please write down what you said for the record
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I said for the record, that I fully supported the idea of listing the vote of each person. If we want to ask for transparency in ICANN, we have to be transparent ourselves
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you we will note it in the minutes
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  for Vote that also helps woth metrics/expectations...  it is the Right  to have the  reason for NON unanimous  consensus outcomes  a decenter  can also have why ( if they wish)  they disagree
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:just meetings and extra-ordinary meetings
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:like Cheryl said
  Silvia Vivanco:Sergio puedes escribir lo que dijiste
  Silvia Vivanco:por favor ? Yo lo escribire
  Silvia Vivanco:en los minutos
  Silvia Vivanco:gracias
  Silvia Vivanco:I will translate Sergios comment now
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I'm OK  with  a 'waiver of Notice Rule' being a Power/Right of the Chair  and then if  that is abused in the future  by a Chair  they get voted out ;-)
  Gisella Gruber-White:PLEASE say your names before speaking
  sergio salinas porto:creo que debe de haber instancias definidas: reuniones ordinarias (las que se hacen una vez al mes), asambleas ordinarias y asambleas extraordinarias (las cuales debn
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:usually  called  Ordinary, Annual Special or Extraordinary metings/ Assemblies
  sergio salinas porto:las cuales deben de ser bien acotadas y para casos extraordinarios) con reglas claras y precisas de procedimiento
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Special and Extraordinary  tend to be interchangable trms depending on juristriction
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Olivier - we are calling you back
  Maureen: I like the three levels that have been explained already.. they are for quite different purposes
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:  Annual are normally Major business  matters  that occur Annually   Special / Extraordinary   an AGM that is a mini AGM  for specific purpose e.g. a Rule Change of Recall of Vote  or 'Vote of No Confidence  etc.,)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Ordinary  are the Regular  ones
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:shouldn't define different purposes of meetings in bylaws
  Yrjö Länsipuro:I agree with Dev
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ordinary - regular meetings ; extraordinary meeting - shorter notice
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:what is an in person teleconference?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:in our LACRALO RoP - A virtual meeting shall mean an electronic medium that facilitates remote participation.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Tijani  I saw those as alternates  ( this my note on hybrids)
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agree that virtual meeting should not be technology specific
  Maureen:I agree Dev
  Alan Greenberg:my id is alangreenberg-mtl
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:meetings should be recorded
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes Dev there is great power in the word ( a defined term i trust)  in Record
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:with audio available (and possible transcript afterwards)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree ALAC  must be clear in HOW it is transparant  though
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OK  with it being an Adunct  as long as we LINK to that from the Rules
  Rudi Vansnick:wrt lists : let's keep the posibility to hand-over easily to new members/officers in ALAC so the historical aspects of lists are not lost
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed Rudi it is  terrible  when "history' disappears or is obfuscated
  Rudi Vansnick:newcomers very struggle with what is discussed as they have not had a view on the lists
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Right to Vote or contribute to Consensus I would have thought  
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I think that the priniciple however needs to be stated that the ALAC meetings are open to any observer (for eg) and that records of the meeting would be available to the public and maintained for future retrieval
  Rudi Vansnick:indeed proxy can only be interpreted in relation to voting
  Rudi Vansnick:2 namings : proxy receiver and proxy giver
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Exactly  Edwardo
  Rudi Vansnick:what about proxy limitation ?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:the power to Direct my Proxy on how to Vote is the  matter re Votes control when a Proxy acts as a Replacement
  sergio salinas porto:agree with eduardo
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I think an ALAC member can give the proxy to any ALAC member regardless of region
  Eduardo Diaz:@dev - +1
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree to Proxy being given to anothe ALAC Member  agree with you Alan
  Maureen:@ev +1 (directed vote)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:if we limit  that Proxies  can only be given TO ALAC Members that is a non issue Alan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and goes hand in hand  with Open Meeting  YES
  sergio salinas porto:I Think an Alac member only can give the proxy to other member of your region
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I think Sergio ANY   ALAC  Member
  Rudi Vansnick:limitation  for 1 proxy per person present at meeting !
  Maureen:but people can direct their proxy to vote a particular way, which may be different from the proxy
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:You can set a limit to how many proxies an ALAC member can receive
  sergio salinas porto:I'm seeing the representation of the region within alac
  Rudi Vansnick:in Europe such mechanism is not allowed in non-profit : only one proxy per physical person
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:for example, have an rule that An ALAC member can only hold one proxy in a meeting
  Rudi Vansnick:Dev +1
  Maureen:To an ALAC member is important..
  Rudi Vansnick:no, only 1 proxy per person present
  Rudi Vansnick:the chair can have a decisive decision
  Maureen:Perhaps we could put a limit on the number of proxies per person
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:That can work but we need to note any power of the Chair
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I DISAGREE with  Sergio  we create all sorts of logistic complications  giving proxy to NON ALAC
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree Dev
  Eduardo Diaz:plus someone that is not an ALAC Member will not be as informed
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes  SCARY
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:disagree with Sergio re: giving proxy to anyone outside of ALAC
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:it is recorded on a meeting WHO holds a Proxy though  Alan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OK  with 2 week cycl  Alan
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agree
  Maureen:OK with me.. at this time?
  Maureen:or earlier?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:no earlier PLEASE
  Gisella Gruber-White:I will send around a Doodle poll
  Maureen:OK
  sergio salinas porto:sorry is the error
  Maureen:I forgot what time it is for you Cheryl
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:We will start with this issue again next call
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks  Mauren ;-)