Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the ROP Definitions and Structure Drafting Team meeting on Wednesday 19 September 2012 at 2000 UTC

Nathalie  Peregrine:Meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/s4ooAg

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and drafting 2 emails at the same time too. I have 2 hands after all.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I just need to get my feet to do something

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:LOL

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:you're on loudspeaker

Yaovi Atohoun:Hello 

Nathalie  Peregrine:hello!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:sorry -- concentrating on the other call -- they're speaking about $$

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Good Morning from Fiji

Eduardo Diaz:¡Hola a Todos!

Sandra Hoferichter:Hello all!

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro::)

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Holly you need to speak in your "not quiet voice"

Alan Greenberg:My adobe speaker just came on!!

Alejandro Pisanty:hi all

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Hi Alex

Alan Greenberg:Holly youu are fading.

Alejandro Pisanty:need more audio volume please

Eduardo Diaz:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Definition+and+Structure+Draft+Team+Sandbox

Alejandro Pisanty:alan you ok, Holly's souund real pale

Alan Greenberg:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Definition+and+Structure+Draft+Team+Sandbox

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks Edwardo

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and Alan

Eduardo Diaz:Template workplace: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Rules+of+Procedure+Modification+Proposals+Template+Workspace

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Composition of ALAC

Alejandro Pisanty:Holly the sound is really a problem

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Holly time for your "lecturer" voice, the loud booming one

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Staff, be great if you could please put the text that Holly is referring to in the adobe

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Matt is working ion that Sala

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Matt :)

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Matt, not this one; it's the one with Holly's comments on the Headers, that is A1, A2, A3 and A4

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Matt, it would be the sandbox, scroll right to the bottom

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:where Holly's comments are

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:The stuff up is the archived version

Matt Ashtiani:@ sala - is this the page you are referring to?

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Perfect, thanks Matt

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes Matt

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro::)

Matt Ashtiani::-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:in the draft  just <<  insert link>>>  as placholder for the pages referred to in our section

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:the mechanics need not hold up the drafting  but it MUST  be done  right

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:duck and civer AG  is on the ramoage ;-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:rampage

Heidi Ullrich:The "Portal" to the WG page is at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Working+Groups

Alan Greenberg:civer???

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:cOver  typo

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that works  fine Heidi  for me as long as Alan gives the seal of approval  ;-)

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I will repeat what I said in the chatroom. As Holly mentioned, our focus is now Structure which will include things like Composition of ALAC etc; We also need to look at where to insert the Executive Committee and various other Sub committees stemming from Jean Jacques and others comments

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Holly your team  can alter the Master template to suit  the teams  needs and agreed  text  =>order, additional terms  etc.,

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes  same  can be said  for Appointments Selections Elections  as well I would think i.e. comming in soon

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:last comment referred to Alans reporting on material preparation from other DT's

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:the headers  can be placeholders  and replaced with new niomenclature  IF  all DT's  want of course  it was just a tool to assist and clarify  DT 'job' distribution and where it needs to go into the Master

Nathalie  Peregrine:Jacqueline Morris sends  her apology

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks Nathalie

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:which drafting questions  are these  Sala?   is it what I think of  as the 'glossary list'  worked on earlier???

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:No CLO, Drafting questions for the Structure

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks for the clarification  I did not understand properly

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:where the DSDT develops drafting questions to enable people to discuss various aspects of the structure

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes @ Holly

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I am however still not sure about the use of the questions  I may have that still wring as well perhaps  I need to see a sample

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:wring = wrong

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:typo day today

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I agree Holly;  I was referring to our sandbox and penholder space

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:happy for a draft set  to be out from oen holders  asap  sure

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: then identifiatioin of issues and the iterative process

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ CLO  for instance when we reviewed the definitions, we had developed drafting questions

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:where people reviewed the definitions

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:so that IS  what I think of as the glossary list then

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:so now we are on structures, we need to develop questions for the Team that will enable feedback for structure

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:so am not referring to glossary or definitions, merely using it as an example

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:yes for structure it is different

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes Alan  that is a method that seems to be working well in those Dt's

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Alan what you are referring to is something that will be ongoing and that we do anyway

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:as a COMMENT  on the Template  page perhaps  Holly

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:what we are referring to are questions for our working space to help us zoom in and focus on structures

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  an as deffined in clause  xx  workes  fine but as you say is a clost to penultimate activity

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Example of Drafting Questions:

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Questions for DSDT•       What is the role of the Executive Committee [Structure Drafting Team]•                In terms of composition the ration of elected members to appointed members of the ALAC is 4: 1, should this ratio be reflected in the composition of the Executive Committee? [Structure Drafting Team]•     What is their specific role in the ALAC? [Structure Drafting Team]•    How long can they serve within the Executive Committee? [Elections Drafting Team] 

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:We will only deal with Structure and not Elections, Meetings etc

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that is the text Alan is saying will be out over the w'end  Sal  and more

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:This is what I meant by drafting questions. They are meant to scope and tease out things for discussions on the wiki and then the Penholders can easily take that and  draft

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:+1 Holly

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:LOL  Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:always happy to get back time  Holly  Ta...

Heidi Ullrich:Thank from Staff as well :)

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Alex, Ed, Sandra any comments

Eduardo Diaz:@sala: not at the momoent

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:ok

Sandra Hoferichter:no, I am fine

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes good point a copy toi the list

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:so TRUE OCL

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye all

Eduardo Diaz:Adios

Sandra Hoferichter:bye

Yaovi Atohoun 2:bye

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thank you everyone

Alejandro Pisanty:bye all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and in the nic of time for OCL's mobile service providers limitation on calls :-)

• No labels