Julia Charvolen:Welcome to the New gTLD Working Group call on Monday 18 March at 1300 UTC
  Evan Leibovitch:(yawn)
  Alan Greenberg:Have they ever released the mnames of the members of the SARP, and are there more detailed results (giving which categories an application passed/failed)?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Alan Re: SARP - http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/candidate-support doesn't mention any details re: members of SARP or detailed results regarding categories)
  Alan Greenberg:Yup. That's all I found also.
  Carlton Samuels:Hello everybody
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Text for the call for members for the RG : https://community.icann.org/display/newgtldrg/At-Large+New+gTLD+WG+-+Call+for+Review+Group+Members
  Roberto:Sorry 4 being late, hi all
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your line if you are not speaking, thank you
  Heidi Ullrich:Avri, please let me know if that is an AI?
  Carlton Samuels:@Alan: +1 Let's keep it clean..and clear
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Suggestion - name the ALAC Representative Team to ALAC/At-Large Objections Team, ART doesn't convey what it is Representing
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:There is no funding from ICANN for legal consuel
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:for ALAC
  Carlton Samuels:@Dev: I thought that was ALWAYS the case!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:"Funding available from ICANN will cover the objector filing fees and advance payment costs payable to the Dispute Resolution Service Provider (DRSP), which ICANN will pay directly to the DRSP. This funding does not cover other costs, such as fees for legal advice. In the event that the ALAC is determined to be the prevailing party by the DRSP, ICANN will receive the refund from the DRSP for all funds advanced to the DRSP by ICANN."
  Carlton Samuels:I was jkust about to post the same thing
  Carlton Samuels:@ALan: > 1 Objection Team MAY be raised
  Carlton Samuels:I would recommend 1 team with enough memebrs. People learn from each other and create a space for memory
  Andrew Mack:My sense is that one team may be easier logistically, Avri.  All, apologies, but I need to jump off.  Another meeting.  Good luck.  
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:having separate Teams I think is problematic. Also, issues/arguements raised in any one objection proceeding would impact the issues/arguements in another objection so there would need to be close  sharing of information.
  Roberto:I assume we will be adding/changing online in the next days
  Evan Leibovitch:The skills and interest needed to vet and review applications are NOT the same as the advocacy role needed going forward
  Roberto:Can we trim the details online after the call?
  Alan Greenberg:@Evan, correct.
  Alan Greenberg:SEveral of us have a hard stop on the hour..
  Heidi Ullrich:26th March - ALAC Call
  Carlton Samuels:@Ummah: Katim made the 3 best arguments can be made for reconsideration.  They are impatient of debate. I will support them regardless.
  Heidi Ullrich:Avri, should that be an AI?
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks. Bye all.
  Carlton Samuels:Bye all
  • No labels