Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the New gTLD WG call on Monday 05 December 2011
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda/Meeting Page: https://community.icann.org/x/oQzPAQ
  CLO:back in a moment just stepping away for a short  bit...
  Cintra Sooknanan:hello everyone
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre 2:Hi goodmorning 4 me, Q: waht is the teleconference ID?
  CLO:back
  Gisella Gruber-White:1638
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:1638
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre 2:thanks
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello All
  CLO:all good
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/New+gTLDs+WG+28-11-2011+Actions+Items
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Dev!
  Evan Leibovitch:Isn't Alan there too?
  CLO:Avri  listed  hem  Evan  Yes
  Evan Leibovitch:sorry, ears still asleep
  CLO:lol
  CLO:Need to add Chris  D  to  Board members listed  though Avri  did  list him
  CLO:Longer term  text  can  get started
  Fouad Bajwa:Hello Everyone
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Cheryl. I didn't capture all of the Board members or staff members.
  Evan Leibovitch:Maybe the "letter" doesn't need to be sent, but can be used as background material for the meetings between us and Board members
  CLO:we can colaborate  on wiki or whatever tool is  desired  the archive  does need to be better organised   to a central point Yes
  Cintra Sooknanan:Perhaps we should draft a ready reference for our discussion to ensure we have all the points and that we're all aware of the issues
  Cintra Sooknanan:agree Evan
  CLO:yes  I'm NIT a sender of letter  supporter  to be CLEAR
  CLO:NIT = NOT
  Fouad Bajwa:a background material page should be a good source for future documentation at this point
  CLO:I'll  assist  with editing  such a Wiki page
  Sebastien:Staff: Kurt
  Sebastien:and Chris is the Chair of the Board WG
  Fouad Bajwa:i think the presenter can pop open the url here
  Heidi Ullrich:Blue Sky link: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Blue+Sky+Exercise
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Sebastien for adding the additional names.
  Fouad Bajwa:On a seperate note, ICANN had issued a position for an Independent new gtld application objector? How much is that inline with this process or this is independent from that position
  Fouad Bajwa:i mean, should this process be created and put in place,  then will that IO (independent objector) also have super power to object to something put forward by AlAC advice on a new gtld
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/rfp-clean-19sep11-en.pdf
  Fouad Bajwa:application
  Fouad Bajwa:Are we looking at defining a public interest criterion for ojection and accepting
  Fouad Bajwa:@dev, thanks for helping in clarifying.
  Heidi Ullrich:Dev, could you please list here the two cases you just mentioned?
  Heidi Ullrich:Public interest and ?
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks!
  Fouad Bajwa:sorry community interest that is in my question
  Fouad Bajwa:thanks for correction between public and community interests
  Fouad Bajwa:maybe we also include a point in our document about looking at this cross IO and ALAC objections?
  CLO:Yes   I agree  with the limitation of the costs  resources (token or otherwise) we have to be abke to justify  what we do or do not  support as objections in any round
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The two key sites are : http://newgtlds.icann.org/program-status/application-results and http://newgtlds.icann.org/program-status/application-comments
  Fouad Bajwa:I do think that the objection process remains a weak link but at the same time ALAC has the opportunity to build a strong proces by building a scoring list. The ALAC process that may be established here will  require a great degree of mobilization of ALAC and its outreach on the subject.
  Fouad Bajwa:scoring list would be again a blind link but i think if we start at this stage we can devise such a list of possible objection areas
  Fouad Bajwa:i'm in a noisy place
  Fouad Bajwa:so i can type here
  Fouad Bajwa:i think we may need to show a certain number of issues that can be used for objections
  Fouad Bajwa:to our ALSs
  CLO:it could ecime a logistical  NIGHTMARE  if we are not careful of course
  Fouad Bajwa:and then give a call to RALOs'
  Fouad Bajwa:to share their concerns or comments on devising or enhancing such a list
  CLO:ecime  =  BECOME
  Fouad Bajwa:@avri, yeup
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:page 167 speaks the Limited Public Interest Objection
  Fouad Bajwa:i know its a new exercise for all of us
  Fouad Bajwa:but we will learn in the process
  Fouad Bajwa:yeah, dsrp, how do we understand the grounds
  Fouad Bajwa:thats the missing link
  CLO:Absolutly  Dev  that is a must perhaps  we can start with a discussion of  p 167 and DRSP  next week    some of us  have hot buttoins  and memories  on all this  of course ;-)
  Cintra Sooknanan:MOPO is tough to define
  Fouad Bajwa:MOPO?
  CLO:YUP *shudder*
  Cintra Sooknanan:morality and public order
  Evan Leibovitch:MAPO - "Morality And Public Order"
  Fouad Bajwa:i don't think that could really ever be defined
  Fouad Bajwa:it will remain a more cultural kind of thing
  Evan Leibovitch:ICANN insists on providing a mechanism to object on this basis. This battle has been fought and lost
  Fouad Bajwa:shuddering
  Fouad Bajwa::(
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Interestingly, "National laws notbased on principles of international law are not a validground for a Limited Public Interest objection."
  Fouad Bajwa:this is so cultural, regional, differing from state to state etc
  CLO:Thanks  Avri
  CLO:Good call
  Fouad Bajwa:because with a unilateral scope, sometimes multilateral issues don't recieve MAPO reconsiderations ;)
  Fouad Bajwa:Thank you Avri
  Cintra Sooknanan:yes thanks Avri for moving things forward
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:Dear Fouad: I think you touched the magic word: Outreach , because I have a deep concern about how we can avoid the possibility of confussion in end users .the community interest must be to put clarity on this process. MOPO/ MAPO another topic to clarify in my point of view.  And all of this points are a cultural issues. we need to think globaly.
  CLO:bye  for now...
  Cintra Sooknanan:thank you
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:bye
  Cintra Sooknanan:by
  Cintra Sooknanan:bye
  Fouad Bajwa:chow!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks Avri
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Bye Everyone!

• No labels