Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the New gTLD call on the 23 January 2012
  Hong Xue:hello, everyone. Today is Chinese New Year's Day. Well, I mean the Day One of Dragon Year. 
  Hong Xue:In our tradition, working on the first day of New Year would give me bad luck in the rest of the year. I hope my extraordinary effort is worthwhile. 
  avri:well hope for a happy year of the dragon.  Are dDragon years supposed to be happy.  OR is there something else they should be?  And thanks for being here on your holiday/
  avri:don't think of it as work.
  Hong Xue:Dragon year is normally full of wars and disasters. 
  avri:oh, expect that will work out.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hello Hong
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hello, everyone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi Dev
  Cintra Sooknanan:Hello
  Alan Greenberg:Hello all.
  Heidi Ullrich:Cintra, Adigo is getting VM for your number
  Heidi Ullrich:What is the best number for you?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/877052/new-gTLD-WG/23-Jan-2012/At-Large-ALAC-Process-for-considering-and-making-objections-to-newgTLD-Applications-v2-23January2012.pdf
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Dashboard : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/877052/new-gTLD-WG/23-Jan-2012/Prototype-At-Large-%20newgTLD-%20application-review-dashboard-v1-23Jan2012.pdf
  Alan Greenberg:@Hong, then it that case, all recent years have been the year of the dragon!
  Heidi Ullrich:I'll take notes until she arrives
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@Cintra, we are dialling on the other number to you
  Evan Leibovitch:mornin' all
  Cintra Sooknanan:I'm on the call thanks
  Cintra Sooknanan:but itis very faint
  Cintra Sooknanan:is Dev speaking?
  Heidi Ullrich:He is very clear on my line. 
  Evan Leibovitch:I can hear Dev fine. It's me who is too faint
  Cintra Sooknanan:Got disconnected
  Hong Xue:i have a comment after dev pre.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:we're dialling to you again Cintra
  Hong Xue:sharing room with my relative and cannot use speaker so can only type on one hand sorry,.
  Cintra Sooknanan:ok soon be back on 
  Andrew Mack:morning all.  sorry to be late, and sorry to have to leave early.  trying to make as much of the call as possible
  Hong Xue:I gove to leave in 10 minutes. 
  Cintra Sooknanan:Heidi could you pleaase give me privilages in Notes 6 window to take notes?
  Cintra Sooknanan:having some intermittent connection problems but will do what I can
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Cintra, I have made you host
  Cintra Sooknanan:Thank you!
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks for taking over the notes, Cintra!
  Evan Leibovitch:my concern with the process is that volunteers will get overwhelmed with a volume to go through
  Andrew Mack:I agree with Evan's concern.  We're already asking a lot of volunteers.
  avri:Evan&Andrew - what do you suggest we do about this?  I think that GAC has mentioned this as well, but I think it is a fact of the process, if we watnt to comment and object we need to put in the work.
  Andrew Mack:I think we need to look into this more.  Either we need to parse out jobs, or we need to find some way of at least covering the costs of the volunteers.  Otherwise, my concern is for serious volunteer burnout.
  Evan Leibovitch:We could simply be in a process to
  Evan Leibovitch:1) publish the list
  Evan Leibovitch:2) accept and process the objectioons
  Evan Leibovitch:in a pre-determined priority
  Hong Xue:Thanks, Dev. Gov to leave. Best wishes to everyone.
  Evan Leibovitch:Happy New Year, Hong!
  Cintra Sooknanan:bye Hong
  avri:Thaks for attending Hong and wishes for a peaceful year
  Evan Leibovitch:"I represent the dog community. Woof."
  Cintra Sooknanan:water dog?
  avri:i come from the Hare family
  Evan Leibovitch:even 500 can be overwhelming
  Heidi Ullrich:Cintra, are you still on the call? 
  Andrew Mack:sorry all.  I have another meeting and have to go.  will follow up and look at the notes when I'm back in the office.  cheers, Andrew
  Evan Leibovitch:bye andrew.
  Cintra Sooknanan 2:bye Andrew
  Cintra Sooknanan 2:I am on the call 
  Cintra Sooknanan 2:but lost connectivity briefly 
  Cintra Sooknanan 2:doing my best to take notes :(
  Heidi Ullrich:Avri, could you please repeat the last AI? 
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:batching of applications is mentioned on page 12
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:of the AGB
  avri:AI: get definitie information on how the comment and objections periods work in terms of the batching process.
  Evan Leibovitch:ALAC is *not* bound by public comment deadlines, though it is often desirable to do so to be considered in revision processes
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:true
  Heidi Ullrich:The document deadline for CR is 17 February. 
  avri:thanks
  Cintra Sooknanan 2:http://www.circleid.com/posts/new_gtlds_will_application_developers_be_ready/
  Evan Leibovitch:people are still using IE?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:you'll be suprised, Evan
  Heidi Ullrich:Is that an AI, Avri? 
  Heidi Ullrich:AI: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/New+gTLDs+WG+16-01-2012+Action+Items
  Heidi Ullrich:We will mark that AI closed
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, everyone!

• No labels