Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the Finance and Budget Sub Committee (FBSC) Call on Wednesday, 10 February 2016 at 15:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/gAaAAw

Daniel K. Nanghaka:My call dropped

Maureen Hilyard:@Cheryl - yes the application asked for topics but it was definitely crystal-ball gazing

Kaili Kan:Having another parallel meeting -- CCT-RT, so just to drop by.

Maureen Hilyard:Hi Kaili

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:could the document please be unsynched?

Maureen Hilyard:These are new and active ALSes.. they are being given a message

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I thik theree is merit in OCLs fears here

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I am not doubting it's purpose rather that its ikelyhood of success might be minima

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Does the http://www.igfsa.org/ apply here?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ICANN already funds IGFSA and the purpose of IGFSA is exactly what is asked. http://www.igfsa.org/faqs

Leon Sanchez:Hello everyone

Leon Sanchez:my apologies for lateness

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello All, my apologies also for the lateness

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:Hello everyone my dial out is on English Channel so i need it on French Channel.Thanks

Yesim Nazlar:Hi Abdeldjalil - unfortunately we have only EN & ES channels for this call. Thanks

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:ok thank you

Yesim Nazlar:you're very welcomed!

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong::)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:agree Alan specifically with how yu framed the last part

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:now seeing this new text for LACRALO

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:oh yes I remember it well Dev

Glenn McKnight:I think Dev is saying that  we need a clear purpose for the meeting

Glenn McKnight:I would suggest some pre meetings prior to the face to face

Glenn McKnight:Trust is  earned

Glenn McKnight:Doing nothing  isn't a good option

Maureen Hilyard:+! Heidi - there is a lot of preparation that needs to be done before this GA - and ICANN needs to step in and facilitate the process

Daniel K. Nanghaka:I agree, it is not a piece of cake to organise a GA

Leon Sanchez:I would only submit it if it DOES have clear goals and all needeed tools are in place for it to happen

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:a hard, painful experience, Cheryl

Maureen Hilyard:+1 @Leon

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Agree with Leon

Leon Sanchez:Otherwise we will be waisting valuable resources for something that won't produce other than more disappointments and polirazation

Leon Sanchez:Agree with Cheryl, we wouldn't want to be the ones to set the example for whenever asking financial resources they turn on us and say "Ha! yes! like with the LACRALO GA!"

Leon Sanchez:The community already has enough of a sentiment of criticism as to how At-Large costs add value for us to finance a GA without it having clear goals and tools in place in a timely fashion for it to achieve its objectives

Leon Sanchez:I apologize for not voicing this out but I don't have audio and I am in a very noisy place to ask for dial out

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:If Panama has been cancelled, Puerto Rico will too unless it is taken off the list of countries affected by the ZIKA virus

Heidi Ullrich:@Leon, the request does have clear goals.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Currently Puerto Rico is in the affected area

Leon Sanchez:yes Heidi, but can we guarantee that the tools needed for the GA to achieve its goals will be in place and with enough preparation before we go into the GA?

Glenn McKnight:If not  a GA   a separate  purposeful meeting

Glenn McKnight:Do we know where the substitute  for  Panama will be?

Maureen Hilyard:+1 @Sebastian

Leon Sanchez:That seems like a good idea Dev although we would be subject to uncertain events

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:they juggled worldwide

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I believe it was swapped

Leon Sanchez:I guess the best way to carry a LACRALO GA would be to plan it as a stand alone meeting

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:We had 2 meetings in AP region in 2 years and missed outon an AF meeting

Leon Sanchez:Completely agree Cheryl! This is not a regular GA. This is an ad-hoc meeting to either re-build the RALO and heal it or to tear it apart for good and see what comes next

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:perhaps plan it as a special event as a stand alone meeting next year

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agree Leon

Glenn McKnight:Is the meeting finishing at  the top of the hour?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:problems un,uting

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes it is more of a crisis mediation meeting  than a GA in pure terms

Leon Sanchez:I do have a hard stop at the top of the hour

Maureen Hilyard:agree Sebastian..

Leon Sanchez:can't hear hyou OCL

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:barely, not well

Leon Sanchez:we can only hear the first word and then you fade out

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I'll drop off the call & call dial out again

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:but my mobile has frozen

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and I tried using AC room but no luck

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:AC room does not work well

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:oh dear gremlins my friend

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:perhaps plan it as a special event as a stand alone meeting next year 2017

Leon Sanchez:I would suggest involving GSE through Rodrigo de la Parra to get this event financed

Glenn McKnight:Rejection of the proposal  would  be  a message of  non support given a serious  communication problem

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree Glen  LOTs of sensetivities here

Maureen Hilyard:There are too many conditions that have to be met by the region before they hold a GA and as Cheryl said earlier that they shouldn't use the GA to air their problems as in Costa Rica

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:NOTE an Intersessional  within the Region would not IMO have the same 'travel issues'  as a Global CANN Meeting

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:exactly  OCL

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: A make it happen somewheree    message

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:indeed, put this for 2017

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:let all of these things that are supposed to be happening happen regardless of a GA

Glenn McKnight:Loris  submitted an edited version

Glenn McKnight:Thanks all

Glenn McKnight:interesting appeal process

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:much more powerful  OCL   (

Maureen Hilyard:Happy for this request to be reconsidered in light of the response to the requests for APRALO

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:http://www.icann-studienkreis.net/previous-meetings/15th-meeting-of-the-icann-studienkreis/

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:http://www.icann-studienkreis.net/previous-meetings/14th-meeting-of-the-icann-studienkreis/

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:http://www.icann-studienkreis.net/previous-meetings/13th-meeting-of-the-icann-studienkreis/

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:There are way more years, but the only person from At-Large who spoke in a panel was Yrjö Länsipuro, back in 2013. He self funded his way there.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Sébastien was in the meeting in 2014 -- but as ICANN Board

Heidi Ullrich:Well done to all who submitted and reviewed the FY17 At-Large requests.

Heidi Ullrich:They were well-though out and requests for revison were substantial and very useful.

Glenn McKnight:Alan Skuce and  Glenn Mcknight from NARALO

Glenn McKnight:Alan Skuce  has  agreed  to stand

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:sorry I was dropped

Daniel K. Nanghaka:I have no objection for Tijani

Maureen Hilyard:LOL

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:could we unsinc again please?

Yesim Nazlar:can you sync now?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks!

Yesim Nazlar:you're welcome!

Maureen Hilyard:Olivier is the coChair for Euralo on the O&E WG

Daniel K. Nanghaka:That is right Maureen

Daniel K. Nanghaka:Dev should Continue

Leon Sanchez:subject to process of course

Maureen Hilyard:Great idea Leon

Leon Sanchez:Thanks for your support :D

Glenn McKnight:Judith is a reasonable  replacement

Glenn McKnight:Judith is a reasonable  replacement\

Glenn McKnight:she  is in Liberia