Terri Agnew:Welcome to the At-Large Social Media WG on Tuesday, 07th October 2014 at 14:00 UTC

Jahangir Hossain:Hello everyone !

Terri Agnew:Welcome

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone

Sarah Kiden:Hi

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Post+ATLAS+II+Implementation+-+Social+Media

Evan Leibovitch:I literally am trying to listebn to two meetings at once. How are you doing it, Olivier?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:hard to do. I have just toned down the other call now, concentrating on here

Terri Agnew:Welcome  Glenn McKnight

Glenn McKnight:turning down the other meeting

Glenn McKnight:joining  one minute

Glenn McKnight:what Adigo  room?

Glenn McKnight:tried  16 38

Glenn McKnight:not in room

Terri Agnew:Adigo code 3535

Glenn McKnight:hi

Leon Sanchez:does anyone have a clue on why the AC will drop if you adjust the volume in some systems?

Terri Agnew:You may need to run adobe add on

Glenn McKnight:Hi all  I am both but on a second call too

Glenn McKnight:My phone is muted

Terri Agnew:@Leon, I just sent you an email

Leon Sanchez:Thanks @Terri!

Pavan Budhrani:i think doing it manually works better since it adds credibility, if it is automated, people will sense it and feel it is just news from elsewhere

Sarah Kiden:Agree with Ariel and Pavan

Evan Leibovitch:not multitasking well. Do WHAT manually.

Leon Sanchez:And that could help to push multi-lingualism too

Leon Sanchez:We can propose twitts, curate them and post them

Glenn McKnight:We beed examples of  excellent  tweets

Glenn McKnight:need

Leon Sanchez:or share the account and have multiple contributors live simultaneously for events in which is needed

Evan Leibovitch:Ah, OK. Thanks.

Evan Leibovitch:I have strong views on this, personally, in that I think that ALAC should be taking more of a high-level view of issues and should not be running after PCPs the way we do.

Sarah Kiden:Am I muted?

Terri Agnew:@Sarah, your mic is not activated

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Evan - and and it will be ignored

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The ALAC's core work is responding to PCPs

Terri Agnew:Please let me know if you need assistance

Sarah Kiden:Let me just type

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:an ALAC that does not respond to PCPs will just become irrelevant

Glenn McKnight:The point of social media is that  many roads  lead to Rome  so  the message is important delivered in multiple ways and means

Sarah Kiden:I just wanted to comment about Leon's suggestion. If we agree to have more people to manage the twitter account, there should be some sort of moderation.

Glenn McKnight:The importance of  a  level of curators

Glenn McKnight:Selection process to keep out trolls

Glenn McKnight:not to censor

Evan Leibovitch:The other meeting ended. This now has my full attention :-)

Glenn McKnight:Other call finished

Evan Leibovitch:#26 is VERY important, but at a higher level. The current deadlines simply do not allow ALAC to be more consultative, no matter what tools we develop.

Leon Sanchez:That might be a good start Ariel!

Evan Leibovitch:@Olivier: We'll have to agree to disagree on the effectiveness of running after PCPs rather than concentrate on our actualy bylaw-granted mandate of advising the Board directly.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:sorry my line is terrible - dropped & I'll get a dial out again

Terri Agnew:Olivier has rejoined

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Dev -- what are the action items for the Agenda Item 2?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:sure. I'm come back to that

Ariel Liang:For the people who are interested in Leon's twitter influnce: https://twitter.com/lion05

Leon Sanchez::D

Evan Leibovitch:I think the "is ICANN a stakeholder" issue won't be quite as clear cut as Olivier thinks.

Evan Leibovitch:Besides, not even simple questions get answered simply. This *is* ICANN, after all :-P

Glenn McKnight:Added my comments on 26 already

Glenn McKnight:@ Dev  the cameras are not being used  properly  

Glenn McKnight:No one is zooming into the speaker

Glenn McKnight:The Tech staff is not doing it. We had to get up and point the cameras at meetings

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:in London it worked

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:the camera system was very good, I think

Glenn McKnight:The  camera  should  have the speaker and the slides

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:there were 2 cameras and the system appeared to work well

Glenn McKnight:The cameras  can rotate but they are not  being done.

Glenn McKnight:Look at the video feed

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:perhaps not 100% top selection of Video, but better than static cameras

• No labels