The process we follow in the ANgWG is
- Any member of the WG can put an issue on that list.
- As chair I will ask the person making the suggestion to be the 'token holder' for that subject. By that I mean they are responsible for gathering a small group of interested WG group members, or others, to work with them to produce an initial recommendation for the group as a whole to consider.
- During every meeting the agenda will include a request for the token holder to give an update. If there is something for the larger group to discuss, we discuss it.
- When something is fully baked, the ANgWG is asked for degree of consensus for sending it forward to the ALAC as a recommendation for ALAC action.
- If the topic languishes with no work being done, I will eventually ask the group whether we can drop it from the meeting discussion rotation
Additionally, the ANgWG has been open to any community member who wants to participate. But it is enough to work on the topic with the token holder, no one has to join the group to participate in creating a recommendation. They do need to be in the group to be part of the consensus determination.
TAS and the Glitch
decided not to pursue
Outreach program for New gTLDs
ANgWG charter updated to include this item
|Outreach program for Applicant Support Program||ANgWG charter updated to include this item|
|closed||Trademark Clearinghouse||Hong Xue|
|closed||Vertical Integration and Price Caps on Incumbents||Alan Greenberg|
Statement made by ALAC - No further action at this time
statement proposed and accepted
|"private" generic-word applications||Evan Leibovitch|
From the AngRG: ... given the concepts raised regarding the availability of 2nd level domains under gTLDs has policy implications that impacts individual Internet end users, the gTLD RG recommends that the issues raised be referred to the At-Large new gTLD Working Group (https://community.icann.org/x/8Yoi) for discussion and possible policy recommendations.
confluence workspace on the generic-word-private ownership issue will be created
|completed||URS||Alan Greenberg||Draft initial statement draft|
|Watch mode||Additional RPMs||Evan/Alan|
Extraordinary Thursday Meeting Issue: Implementation/Policy issues related to IPC/BC demands for additional trademark protection measures.
This seems to be a closed (or closing issues) decision are made and things seem to be proceeding along.
Do we wish to continue to follow?
Do we wish to make a sattement?
|Ongoing||Public Interest Commitments (PIC)||Hong|
Issue on how these will be informced
ongoing work on further metrics
|GNSO Consumer metrics WG||Evan|
Evan working on response on User centric metric concerns. Avri to confirm issue of scope, if necessary.
volunteers needed for end user metrics task force. -
ALAC Response by Beijing
Waiting for Board Repsonse
|tracking||String Contention Sets||Alan||Relevance: plural strings|
|track?||dotless string||Evan||various statement against it|