Murray McKercher NARALO: (6/24/2015 09:02) Is this room scheduled to start at 0900?
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:02) i did hear test audio
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:02) good audio check
  Eric Evrard: (09:03) Thanks Murray :)
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:03) Also very good video last session...Thanks!
  Ariel Liang 2: (09:04) Hello, my name is Ariel Liang and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants, ensuring that they are heard equally with those who are “in-room” participants. When submitting a question that you want me to read out loud on the mic, please provide your name and affiliation if you have one, start your sentence with <QUESTION> and end it with <QUESTION>. When submitting a comment that you want me to read out loud of the mic, once again provide your name and affiliation if you have one then start your sentence with a <COMMENT> and end it with <COMMENT>.  Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the mic.Any questions or comments provided outside of the session time will not be read aloud.Please note that audio is may be available in French, Spanish, and Portuguese. All chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior.
  Gordon Chillcott: (09:11) Can hardly hear Tijani.
  Ariel Liang 2: (09:13) @Gordon is tijani's voice louder?
  Gordon Chillcott: (09:13) Not really - I switched to the audio stream
  Eric Evrard: (09:14) I increased the sound on Adobe Connect, is it better ?
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:14) @Gordon, I frequently use Adigo dial in for the best audio on my mobile located beside my laptop
  Gordon Chillcott: (09:14) It is better, yes.
  Gordon Chillcott: (09:14) Thank you.
  Glenn McKnight: (09:16) Hi Gordon and  Murray
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:17) good morning glenn
  Glenn McKnight: (09:17) @Gordon and Murray  did any of you guys  attend the  Capacity Building  Webinars?
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:18) @Glenn, I listened in to some but not all
  Gordon Chillcott: (09:18) Yes.   Briefing on ICANN 52, security and stability.   Did not attend the ones on IANA and transition.
  Glenn McKnight: (09:18) I wonder  if people were over whelmed or  they didnt see value in their  busy lives
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:19) @ Tijani, what were the attendance stats on each webinar, or did I miss that?
  Glenn McKnight: (09:19) We need to reexamine  the  purpose of the group.   Seems they have only focused on Capacity Building
  Glenn McKnight: (09:19) I didn't  see it,  he only said he was disappointed.
  Glenn McKnight: (09:20) Some Ralos more than others
  Gisella Gruber: (09:21) @ Murray - I am compiling that as we still have one more webinar
  Gisella Gruber: (09:22) The stats will be forwarded to the Working Group
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:22) @Gisella..thanks
  Aris Ignacio: (09:25) hello, may we know the site for the capacity building webinars?
  Glenn McKnight: (09:26) One   model is  NTEN   which  is   called   connected Community  and  ISOC  Has  CONNECT  another  online community forum
  Gisella Gruber: (09:30) @ Aris - https://community.icann.org/x/0DrxAg
  Aris Ignacio: (09:30) thanks Gisella!  :-)
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:33) @Ariel, do we have a link you could post to the chat of the archived online capacity building webinars?
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:38) I would argue that many of our ALS's are still beginners depending on the issue's they choose to follow
  Ariel Liang 2: (09:40) @murray: https://community.icann.org/x/0DrxAg
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:41) Thank you Gisella for sharing that comment and the link
  Gisella Gruber: (09:41) @ Murray - my pleasure. Thank you for participating remotely.
  Murray McKercher NARALO: (09:44) @Dev, good suggestion, people love TV and seem less engaged in reading or absorbing  seminar's
  Alfredo Calderon: (09:52) <Comment>This can be part of the monthly newsletter that has been proposed and is in agenda for later discussion.<Comment>
  Gisella Gruber: (09:55) Thank you Alfredi
  Gisella Gruber: (09:55) Alfredo!
  Alfredo Calderon: (09:58) <Comment>But still a repository with a regional focus does not limit that a member can orient it to a regional pont of view. I could be interested in what are the issues in other regions. <Comment>
  Alfredo Calderon: (10:00) In Japan "animé - comics" can enjoy a visual teaching-learning strategy.  From the learning styles point of view we learn using different approaches: think of Howard Gardner "multiplle Intelligences".

• No labels