Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the At-Large Capacity Building Working Group on Wednesday 03 February 2016 at 15:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/gQCAAw

Siranush Vardanyan:dear Yesim, just to let u know that there is no need for dial out. connection works today

Yesim Nazlar:thank you for the info Siranush

Siranush Vardanyan:hi all

Harold Arcos:Hi all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi

Yesim Nazlar:welcome everyone!

Yesim Nazlar:Slides are available at: https://community.icann.org/x/gQCAAw

Maureen Hilyard:This is very interesting information Ariel

Maureen Hilyard:1300UTC is 3am for me

Siranush Vardanyan:great info and helpful

Ariel Liang:that's very true Cheryl - 13 UTC is more friendly toward audience from Europe, Africa, and North America. we can include an anlysis of the region makeup of our audience

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I would like to see the analysis  on the regional / alses breakdown  and also a data set which shows how many of these attendees  are committee vs Learners

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, Betsy!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:especially  where we have topics  that the APAC  hub and Region are also running webinar on those topics

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:BIG   welcome  Betsy ... Looking forward to working with you

Ariel Liang:sure -  We can also include questions in the webinar evluation, asking participant's regions and backgrounds

Ariel Liang:so that data can be included in the future evaluation

Siranush Vardanyan:Glenn and Maureen

Elizabeth Andrews:Great. Thanks, everyone. Feel free to reach out at any time -- I'm listed as 'Elizabeth Andrews' in the global address book.

Harold Arcos:In LACRALO most common hour to meeting is 23UTC. The most ALSs connect at this time. meeting Monthly, webinars, among others.

Heidi Ullrich:@Maureen and Betsy, it may be useful to speak with the Communications dept to develop a promotional campaign for the ebooks and ICANN Learn courses focused on these webinars.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:deffina

Elizabeth Andrews:Great idea. I have a call next week and will bring that up specifically.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:deffinatly agree on that Heidi

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Betsy

Maureen Hilyard:Betsy - would love to meet with you in Marrakech to look at how we can help

Elizabeth Andrews:Absolutely!

Ariel Liang:This is the proposed 2016 webinar topics: https://community.icann.org/x/bZxlAw. Yesim will get it uploaded to the AC

Yesim Nazlar:Please accept my apologies for the delay

Heidi Ullrich:Hi Al, please keep in mind that some of these topics might be At-Large briefing webinars

Heidi Ullrich:rather than in the capacity building series

Maureen Hilyard:+1Cheryl regarding the session on ISPs.. I was looking at it with respect to their importance in some countries where ISPs have the responsibility for the management of their ccTLDs and whether they are complying with cctld management regulations

Maureen Hilyard:But that's probably because I see it as an issue in the Pacific

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:YES Maureen and some  would be most interesting  to African ALSes I suspect

Harold Arcos:+1 @Maureen @Cheryl  The ISPs is a key issues regarding opportunities for grow in the LAC region, not only Pacific

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and that is OK  as long as we understand that and set expectations and tools / admin accordingly

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ISPs or IXPs?

Maureen Hilyard:I'm talking ISPs

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and yet I would thing IXP's  in Paciic are iimportant as well

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:It would have been helpful to have those topics on the screen

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:or maybe my Adobe Connect doesn't work well

Maureen Hilyard:But our ISPs lack capacity - I see IXPs are being a technical extension

Siranush Vardanyan:what is RAA?

Barrack Otieno:Interesting topics

Barrack Otieno:Should be Registrar Accreditation Aggreement

Yesim Nazlar:proposal 2016 topics: https://community.icann.org/x/bZxlAw

Barrack Otieno:RAA

Barrack Otieno:Siranush

Siranush Vardanyan:yes, Cheryl

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok i can see the topics now :-)

Maureen Hilyard:re the RAA topic - I can see this as one of our more advanced webinars specifically for registrars.. APAC Hub webinars are sometimes quite technical

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Full support from me re: RAA

Siranush Vardanyan:thanks for explanation, Cheryl

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:it is a misunderstood topic and it needs to eb explained and it pertains directly to end users because what's in the RAA affects the rights of end registrants

Maureen Hilyard:Holly gave two topics - the new gTLDs topic is important too..

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Support from me regarding this topic

Tijani BEN JEMAA:I'm dropped

Tijani BEN JEMAA:can u plz call again?

Yesim Nazlar:we're redialing to you Tijani

Maureen Hilyard:+1 supporting explanation about the difference between ccTLDs and gTLDs

Siranush Vardanyan:brief explanation is important to go with the invitation to ALSs. if it is like the one which affects their work /e.g. RAA/ and they do not know, the explanation will help them to see the importance of the webinar and they most probably will participate

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Siranush.. a tutorial about areas that ALSes don't know

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:deffinatly agree ladies

Harold Arcos:+1 new gTLDs / IPv6 for begginers and not engineers / All topic basics to introducing the new members in ALSs

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:How do ISPs intersect with ICANN's mandate?

Harold Arcos:+1 @Siranush

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Well noted Harold

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Tijani - re a webinar explaining the ccTLD world.. we are asked to comment on their policies

Maureen Hilyard:yes Cheryl. I agree re FOI

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Several facets of ccTLD management/transfer/allocation etc. very important indeed. There are many angles to the topic and many perspectives

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I can't wait to see a pop quiz on RC1591

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:agree  OCL

Siranush Vardanyan:agree, Tijani

Heidi Ullrich:The WG topic is a follow up from the 2015 webinar on WGs

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I support all of these topics  proposed by Heidi

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Cheryl :)

Heidi Ullrich:Re the CCT topic, I was in contact with Margie Milam who is leading that from staff. The timing would need to be in June.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:makes  sence Heidi

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Heidi

Maureen Hilyard:We have a lot of new ALses and some people who still don't understand the whole IANA transition story

Harold Arcos:+1 @Maureen It is so hard to understand for new members. I think this topic have diferent levels understanding, three at least. Idem for Accountability

Harold Arcos:This topic wake up the interest of new members because are on the table, in opinion public.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and it is 0550 for me and late for Maureen as well

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:0330 I mean typing in the dark here

Siranush Vardanyan:noted, Tijani. thanks all and bye for now

Ariel Liang:thanks all

Maureen Hilyard:Great discussion.. bye all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye for now

Harold Arcos:Thanks all, bye

• No labels