Topic proposals for the At-Large Capacity Building Working Group series of webinars are now being accepted.

Please add your proposals for At-Large Capacity Building webinars to be scheduled between January and June 2016 in the table below.

Proposals will be accepted through 17 January 2016 at 23:59 UTC.

Proposed bySupported byTopic
Hamzah Haji                                                                                                        Network Security Issue                                                                                           
Raitme Citterio IPv6 Implementation

Holly Raiche

Maureen Hilyard

The RAA - the 2013 version - what it requires, how compliance is enforced?

and Lessons learned after the first round of New gTLDs

Baudouin Schombe zero rating and net neutrality: challenges and prospects for Africa

Baudouin Schombe

Maureen HilyardResponsibility of Registrars and management of ccTLD towards new gTLD development

Vanda Scartezini

Maureen Hilyardtrainings for ISP (small businesses)

Beran Dondeh Gillen

Maureen HilyardccTLD delegation and relegation before and after IANA transition
Wafa Dahmani 

IXP (internet exchange point)

Heidi Ullrich 

At-Large WGs: Best practices in Chairing, Organization, Participation

Heidi Ullrich 

How ALSes can be more engaged in At-Large and ICANN / an ALS Guide to participating

Heidi Ullrich The IANA Transition – What it means to At-Large and ICANN
Heidi Ullrich 

Update on the CCT Review Team

11 Comments

1. The RAA - the 2013 version - what it requires, how compliance is enforced?

New gTLDs - What are they - and what does the first round mean for users - lessons learned

Maybe something just of WHOIS?

2. zero rating and net neutrality: challenges and prospects for Africa.

3.  Responsibility of Registrars and management of ccTLD towards newgTLD development

4. my suggestion is trainings for ISP (small businesses) -

rationale : the majority of users problems are related to the last mile of their connection to a registrar, specially in developing countries. There is a developed content in Egypt ( with some sponsorship of  ICANN) and can be used as reference.  There will be need to translate and adapt the content to be used in regions where english is not a known language as Latin America for instance. 

5. I know a lot of people who are going through or have gone through relegation especially in the African continent that are struggling to get information on how the process works, timelines, what is required and so on. There is no one single document that i can find in ICANN that tells how relegation should be done.... step by step. 

I believe this will be of benefit.

6. Hi Beran

Although RFC1591 - Domain name system structure and delegation -  outlines the process, it isn't a step by step version. It would be good to have this detailed for clarification.

To the team - there are already some great topics listed and I have just added my support.

7. I agree with Heidi about the Working Group webinars. Because the webinars aren't available to everyone when they are first put on,it is a good idea for them to be updated and presented for new ALSes and those who might have missed it the first time around. That also goes for basic topics like "What is IANA" and the DNS - how it works and why it is important - along with DNSSEC.

8. My one concern with some of Heidi's suggestions are that they are more about governance, and what the suggestions made by ALAC members shos is that the - we - want information about what is going on, what are the policy issues.  So yes, webinars on IANA -what has been agreed and what are still the accountability issues.  And it may be that when there is a call for working group members, the GNSO should hold a webinar on the topic and if they don't we should.  That we, we can encourage ALAC participation in the topics being debated

9. In general, I think all topics are interesting and important.

Human Rights in ICANN is a challenge not only for the foundation also for all modern corporation in our ecosistem.

I agree with view of Heidi. In sense that will help to new members in ALSs of RALO. In Venezuela's case we are incorporating more young people in Internauta Venezuela.

10. ALAC exists to represent the interests of the "ordinary Internet user" to the ICANN communities and the often arcane interests of the ICNN communities to the ordinary Internet user.  And yet, in the IANA transition and related discussions of accountability, all of the discussion seems to me to be about how the Board of ICANN will account internally to constituent communities.  None of it focuses on how ICANN is accountable to the wider world, or even to the Internet Governance Ecology of which it is part.  I'd be interested in a capacity building webinar on what practical mechanisms exist for ALAC to interact directly with the ordinary Internet user and to be part of of ICANN's capacity to account to them.

1. Hi Garth 

Perhaps you might like to join and contribute to our Outreach and Engagement Working Group which is led by Dev Anand Teelucksingh. It focuses on the ordinary enduser, and incorporates capacity building with face-to-face opportunities that our regional ALS members offer within their regions, often supported by ICANN with some financial help and expert resource personnel.