Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the At-Large Capacity Building Program - 2015 Second Webinar on the Topic: "IANA Naming Function stewardship transition" on Wednesday 10 December 2014 at 2100 UTC
  Gisella Gruber:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/E4MHAw
  Chris LaHatte:hi
  Chris LaHatte:I think I am a bit early
  Heidi Ullrich:Maureen and you are the first. Must be the time zone - you are always first ;)
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Chris
  Chris LaHatte:it's Thursday morning, early summer
  Holly Raiche:Morning all
  Chris LaHatte:Kia ora Maureen
  Holly Raiche:(Three of us FINALLY - in the same area and roughly time zone
  Chris LaHatte:Hi Holly
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi APRALO regioners
  Holly Raiche:Hi Chris
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome to all!
  Maureen Hilyard:He's showing off now!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I blatantly stole this front page from one of Nigel Hickson's presentations
  Yasuichi Kitamura:Good morning
  Murray McKercher:Good afternoon
  Murray McKercher:I only have about 30 minutes free and will be in listen only mode - no microphone today
  Hadja:Hello everyone
  Aída Noblia:Hello all
  Eduardo Diaz:¡Hola a tdoos!
  Alberto Soto:Hola a todos!! Hi all!
  Holly Raiche:Morning Ed and Tijani
  Holly Raiche:Indeed, morning all
  Leon Sanchez:Hello everybody!
  Leon Sanchez:Hola a tod@s!
  Holly Raiche:Morning Leon
  Leon Sanchez:Morning Holly!
  Eduardo Diaz:@Holly: is 5 PM in Puerto Rico, so is good afternnon here
  Chris LaHatte:welcome all
  Holly Raiche:It is a blissful 0800 - not the usual 0200 or whatever
  BERan Gillen:GOOD EVENING!!!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes. luxury
  BERan Gillen:its 9pm in Gambia :)
  Alberto Soto:In Buenos Aires, 6 PM
  Leon Sanchez:3 PM in Mexico
  Gordon Chillcott:Toronto, 4:00 PM
  Chris LaHatte:10 am in Wellington, can't get better
  Alan Greenberg:Chris, we are honoured to have you here. Are you now  an honourary At-Large member?
  Hadja:9 PM in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, West Africa
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes we're being 'spoilt' in the antipodeas today
  Chris LaHatte:I think so Alan, but a lot of my favourite people are here :-)
  Alan Greenberg:Glad to have you here Chris.
  Alberto Soto:@Cheryl Today it is too early for you!
  Murray McKercher:Is there a link to this presentation for download?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:no today is luxury for this call at least been other overnight and this morning earlier of course :-)
  BERan Gillen:olivier's line is breaking or is it me?
  Hadja:Please the link to download the presentation ??
  Gisella Gruber:@ Murray - presentations are on the meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/E4MHAw
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OK for me @be ran
  BERan Gillen:let me leave and re-enter then
  Murray McKercher:@ Gisella Thank You!
  Gisella Gruber:@ Murray - and will be posted here as well: https://community.icann.org/x/0DrxAg
  Holly Raiche:@ Giseella - it would be helpful if all of the links here could be sent by email to everyone for our future reference - thanks
  Gisella Gruber:@ Holly - do you mean the ones on the presentation or just the presentations themselves?
  Holly Raiche:Just the presentation - since it has the links (and if there are any other links referred to - maybe OCL could help?)
  Gisella Gruber:@ HOlly - the presentation is on the meeting page as well as the main capacity building webinar page: https://community.icann.org/x/0DrxAg (presentations loading now on this last page)
  Holly Raiche:@ Gisella -  Tks
  Murray McKercher:@holly, it is fairly easy to grab the links if you download OCL's presentation from the links Gisella provided to me
  Holly Raiche:@ Murray - I think that iswhat I wasasking - the link to get there
  Fatima Cambronero:hello everyone. Sorry for being late to the AD (I am on the phone and having problems with my Internet connection :(
  Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, Fatima.
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks @Heidi!
  Oarabile Mudongo:Just chipped in as well.... Attending the meeting on ma mobile.
  Maureen Hilyard:LOL
  Hadja:J'ai pas bien compris  : qu elle sera la composition de ce groupe indépendant ?
  Fatima Cambronero:Hadja, are you asking about the Independent Appeal Panel for Policy Implementation (IAP)?
  Hadja:Yes Fatima
  Fatima Cambronero:is an external Panel, similar to the WIPO Panel to dispute resolution. The IAP is not a permanent body
  Chris LaHatte:where does the ombudsman fit in here?
  Alan Greenberg:I will point out that our work is VERY ongoing. The chart that Olivier is discussing was last updated at about 0200 UTC today. Since that time, a number of other issues have become known that are not reflected there!
  Alan Greenberg:@Chris, a good question. Unclear there is a role here.
  Fatima Cambronero:in this Panel @Chris or in general?
  Hadja:Thank you Alan for this update
  Chris LaHatte:seems to me I should have a specific role, because of the potential for unfairness and delay issues. I am thinking in general rather than just the panel, perhaps before people need to go to the panel
  Chris LaHatte:one ombudsman function is to resolve issues without formal litigation
  Alan Greenberg:@ Chris, it is certainly a possibility that depending on the model that is adopted for the transition, the Accountability CCWG that was just formed might recommend that some forms of accountability that are needed will use the Ombudsman. BUt the actual accountability measures, are out of our scope (although we certainly could speculate).
  Alan Greenberg:Under the CWG proposal most of the connections to ICANN are contractual and are probably outside of your scope.
  Fatima Cambronero:this proposal is not modifying the role and functions of the Ombudsman....
  Chris LaHatte:I raise the issue to see if the community thinks I have a role
  Holly Raiche:I'd support Chris - maybe think through how to use the office more, not less
  Alan Greenberg:Ahh. Certainly there are options that would include you with a wider scope, or another similar function with a different focus (such as related to contractual complaints)
  Maureen Hilyard:+1 @Holly
  Hadja:@Fatima, don't you think their function will be similar ??
  Hadja:Ha ok Alan have juste answed !
  Fatima Cambronero:the Ombusdsman is ICANN Staff?
  Chris LaHatte:no I am not staff
  Fatima Cambronero:who pay the salary?
  Fatima Cambronero:I am talking about the function, not the person, ok?
  Holly Raiche:So the reality that Contract Co does not have support outside of the CCWG?
  Chris LaHatte:ICANN, but I report to the board, and can only be removed on 75% vote of the board
  Fatima Cambronero:in my opinion the role of the Ombudsman is different than this IAP. In my opinion IAP is external and independent
  Chris LaHatte:I set my own budget, so I am independent
  Fatima Cambronero:but not external...
  Fatima Cambronero:and the Ombudsman actually has any role in the IANA functions?
  Chris LaHatte:The IAP is I agree beyond the scope of my office, but for steps up the formal appeal, then I could have a role, if the community thinks I should
  Gisella Gruber:Reminder - please speak at a reasonable speed to allow for accurate interpretation
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2:yes
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Reminder: MRT = Multistakeholder Review Team
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Reminder: RFP = Request for Proposals
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:RFP is the way the US Government at the moment allocated the IANA Contract. It has, so far, always renewed the contract with ICANN as the IANA Functions Operator
  Maureen Hilyard:Can we have a link to this doc?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Maureen: it is linked from the agenda. But here it is: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/50823955/Webinar%202-%20ALAC-Comment-v07-clean%20copy.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1418242610497&api=v2
  Holly Raiche:@ OCL - mention that, at least in one instance, the NTIA did NOT give iCANN the contract - it let ICANN continue but, in essence, said ICANN needed to provide further information, assurance, etc.  In the end ICANN did get the contrac.
  Maureen Hilyard:thanks OCL
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Holly: most of the time, the NTIA has renewed without issuing RFPs. You are indeed correct that it asked further information from ICANN on one recent occasion
  Holly Raiche:Agreed - most of the time, renewal was automatic - but that once was a wake up call for all of us
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Holly: and it was a wake up call to ICANN! So yes, the possibility of re-allocation & asking for RFPs exists, but do we need this very time? Imagine the potential instability..
  Holly Raiche:Agree again - I query the necessity of contract co - and have all along.  So it's up to accountability measures
  Gisella Gruber:@ Hadja - on te rappelle
  Hadja:@Gisella : merci
  Maureen Hilyard:Great summary thank you Alan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks this is excellent work
  Maureen Hilyard:+1  @ Holly
  Pedro Veiga - ISOC Portugal:Thank you for the comprehensive update. I have to leave.
  Maureen Hilyard:sorry I too have to eave for another meeting ..
  Fatima Cambronero:and also they didn't aswer our questions...
  Leon Sanchez:It has been a great webinar
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks all GREAT Webinar :-) :-) :-)
  Heidi Ullrich:Many thanks to Olivier for leading this!
  Alberto Soto:Thanks Team, good work!
  Holly Raiche:Thanks to all - and well done
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye for now
  Heidi Ullrich:Thank you all for participating!
  Chris LaHatte:many thanks, great work
  Leon Sanchez:Thanks everyone and specially to presenters!
  Gordon Chillcott:Thank you, Alan !
  Gisella Gruber:@ All - please complete the Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NGLKBSS
  Alberto Soto:Bye!!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2:A great webinar - thanks to the CWG for this
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks Alan, Olivier, all. Bye
  BERan Gillen:thanks all , good night
  Alyne Andrade:Thank you!
  Gisella Gruber:a message will be sent to all with the link
  Hadja:Bye bye
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2:take care all
  Aída Noblia:Thanks Bye all.
  Alan Greenberg:Thank you all
  Alan Greenberg:A dwindling all...
  Gisella Gruber:@ Roosevelt - the webinar is over
  Roosevelt King:ok, thanks. Just got in and was checking.

• No labels