Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the At-Large ALS Criteria and Expectations Taskforce on the 22nd February 2016
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/jROAAw
  Alan Greenberg:Thanks for making the call Yrjo.
  Yrjö Länsipuro 2:Of course...
  Raitme Citterio:Saludos buenos días
  Raitme Citterio:hi
  Raitme Citterio:good morning
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome Raitme!
  Raitme Citterio:thanks Sabrina and Marina
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Our Spanish audio channel if you would like to you it
  Nathalie  Peregrine:The ES Adigo code is 1738, the audio in this Adobe Connect room will be in English
  Raitme Citterio:yes please @nathalie
  judith hellerstein 2:I am on the train and the wifi is not great so may drop out
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Alberto Soto has joined the call
  Alberto Soto:Hola a todos! Hello everyone!!
  Yrjö Länsipuro:I sent a draft list of operational expectations to the DT-E list October 18. Could it be retrieved and shown when we come to it?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:I'll look for it now.
  Yrjö Länsipuro:Thanks!
  Maureen Hilyard:Good point Judith
  judith hellerstein 2:Can we also add what other icann consitituencies are you involved with
  judith hellerstein 2:right
  judith hellerstein 2:ALS
  Raitme Citterio:just a doubt, this format can be applied to universities if applicable?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Yrjo, found it, will upload it to the AC room when we get to that item.
  judith hellerstein 2:+1 Alan that is a good idea
  Yrjö Länsipuro:Thanks Nathalie
  judith hellerstein 2:You should only be able to vote in one consituency
  judith hellerstein 2:+1 Alberto
  Maureen Hilyard:@Alan do all the 3 contact people from the ALS have to be linked to At-Large or might these contacts belong to other sections
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Would it be possible to clarify Regional restriction in the ALS Criteria? Some ALSes have no regional concern, and have been placed in a specific RALO because the leadership of the organisation, at the time of the application, was in that very RALO.   In other words, how do we classify ALSs with no specific regional concern?
  Alberto Soto:Sorry Alan!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Harold Arcos has joined the call
  Alan Greenberg:Meeting Note: Consider whether there be a prohibition on double voting.
  judith hellerstein 2:i could not hear tijani
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Could a RALO leader also be a GNSO Stakeholder Group or Constituency leader?
  judith hellerstein:Yes Olivier I was wondeirng the same thing
  judith hellerstein:+tijani can you post what you said in the chat.  I dropped the audio
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Dev Anand Teelucksingh has joined the call
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:At ALS level I do not think there is a conflict but at individual level there might be *only* when it comes to assuming leadership roles
  Glenn McKnight:@Alan  I will  email TIm and Garth the NARALO  ALAC membership to join group
  judith hellerstein:I joined ont he audio as the wifi was poor on the train
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok sorry -- wrong DT :-)
  Maureen Hilyard:There is apparently a discussion taking place on the ISOC list that the Internet Society of China should not have been allowed to be an ALS because the organisation includes other bodies within its structure that would not normally qualify as a not-for-profit ALS - despite the ISC being a special case..
  Maureen Hilyard:And that our regional focus would be those end-user bodies within ISC
  judith hellerstein:yes.  thanks.  now i am on the audio bridge I can hear better
  Maureen Hilyard:I believe that Due Diligence was properly carried out
  Maureen Hilyard:+1 Cheryl
  Maureen Hilyard:re transparency
  judith hellerstein:what do you mean by a stealth als
  Nathalie  Peregrine:we're checking
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Judith, we still see you connected on the bridge, but cannot hear you, can you please provide a number so we can dial out to you?
  judith hellerstein:i am dialed in
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Yes, but as we cannot hear you, maybe a re-dial would help?
  judith hellerstein:but possibly muted
  Nathalie  Peregrine:the operator has muted no one on the bridge
  judith hellerstein:let me try speaking again
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Judith, we heard something faint
  judith hellerstein:cheryl is talking
  judith hellerstein:when she is done
  Maureen Hilyard:In the AP region, ALSes are small and actual input has been by individuals within at-large
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:one of the advantages of allowing Ind Membership here
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:  And I hoped my audio was OK now
  Nathalie  Peregrine:you can all scroll the document
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:What if a RALO  meets regularly as an "executive'or Leadership Team...  But finds NO need for regular ALS Member inclusion  meetigs...    the Metrics for this situation (hypothetical I dmit) must be different
  Maureen Hilyard:But it is important that the information about at-large activities is distributed, to encourage others to participate when they can - its more to do with the multiple hats people have in our small economies
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Yrjo, we might need to dial out to you
  Nathalie  Peregrine:can you provide me with a contact number?
  Alan Greenberg:Meeting note: ALS has its own existence. What expertise do they have and how can we use it. when the occasion arises
  Maureen Hilyard:+1 Yrjo
  Glenn McKnight:I are avoiding imposing expectations
  judith hellerstein:i will try and see if this is more stable without puttin on the mic
  judith hellerstein:To get people on working groups
  judith hellerstein:I think we should have more training or onboarding webinars
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/display/als2/ATLAS+II+Recommendation+43
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hmm....I
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I.m not sure why
  Glenn McKnight:Clear expectations to new ALS
  Glenn McKnight:Signed MOU
  judith hellerstein:RALO Expectations and Staff expectations are webinars to get ALSES involved
  judith hellerstein:what are working groups what do they cover etc
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye
  Alberto Soto:Thanks !! Bye!!
  Maureen Hilyard:Bye all
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care all

• No labels