Nathalie  Peregrine: Dear all, welcome to the At-Large ALS Criteria and Expectations Taskforce meeting on the 21st August 2015.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/M5lCAw
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Good Morning
  Maureen Hilyard:Good morning all
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome all!
  Juan Manuel Rojas:@Nathalie Could you confirm if Am I on Dial-out list for today?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:You are not, but please provide your number and we'll dial out to you!
  Juan Manuel Rojas:+57 3167543786 .Thanks
  Nathalie  Peregrine:dialing out to you shortly!
  Juan Manuel Rojas:OK
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello everyone
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:hi
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Hi everyone
  Alberto Soto:Hello everyone!
  Glenn McKnight:Hi
  Yrjö Länsipuro:Hi all!
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:hi
  Maureen Hilyard:Id be grateful Alan, if you did. It is my favourite time of the day - 2am :)
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Glenn McKnight has joined the call
  Beran Gillen:Hello everyone
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Thank you!!
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:hi Beran
  Beran Gillen:Hi Cheryl
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:note errata in AInnotes Nathalie is to lead DT-A.  which is Application Process not Criteria
  Glenn McKnight:We need to have  organizations  provide alternates  in case of  the 'prime person'  disappears,  
  Alan Greenberg:@Glenn, so in your mind, 2 is sufficient?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Cheryl, corrected, thanks
  Glenn McKnight:No  I am verifying that in some cases  when the prmary contact  dropps  out  they are not replaced
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Glenn, the application process requests a primary and secondary contact. This is repeated with the accreditation announcement
  Glenn McKnight:It might be  a large organization  but  they don't  have assigned an alternate(S)  
  Glenn McKnight:@Nathalie  i know the  app lists  a alternative but  the reality they might not be the person
  Glenn McKnight:for example the  loss of funding by Telecommunities  Canada of 18 million has  resulted in the demise of a number of  organzations across Canada resulting in gutting a number of  NARALO  ALS's
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Logistics of ATLAS II and voting events do prompt staff to keep in contact with these contact people, and request help of RALO Leadership when responses lack.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Adigo is on it, apologies for the music
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:OCL has his own soundtrack :-) :-) :-)
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:  Agree OCL. we can demphisis the travel matters IMO
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello All, sorry to be late
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome Dev!
  Alan Greenberg:How do we de-emphasize while still having regional assemblies and summits
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:metrics and roles linked to  link with greater need to attend F2F or other meetings. is a start Alan
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:We can hear you, Yrjo
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:We cannot hear you
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Yrjo, your mic is activated fine on the AC
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I'm hearing on the AC room
  Nathalie  Peregrine:can we dial out to you on the phone/
  Wolf Ludwig:At EURALO we only have a multitude of ALSes in Germany -- otherwise it's only 1 to 3
  Glenn McKnight:me too
  Nathalie  Peregrine:We therefore have an AC audio issue to the bridge. Can those planning on speaking please provide me with their phone numbers as otherwise we will not be able to hear your comments, and these will not be captured on the recordings
  Maureen Hilyard:Do we check websites to see that ICANN activities are being promoted?
  Yrjö Länsipuro:Pls call mw +358 40 7544448.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:will do Yrjo
  Alan Greenberg:@maureen. no, we do not
  Alan Greenberg:One of the reasons we are here.
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:in some cities we have 8 or more ALSes!
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:Juan Manuel we wiolnalways have a few "ctazy' people like Olivier and I into so many things :-) :-) :-)
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:good point Nathalie
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Good point that Nathalie is making. Should an ALS Application be accompanied with a green light from a Principal of the organisation?
  Glenn McKnight:I noticed the  Barbados  has  three perhaps  four ALS   out a population of 200,000   Are  we looking at  a reasonable number of  ALS  per capita
  Juan Manuel Rojas:I know, Cherryl... I would like to be as "crazy" as you.. ;)
  Maureen Hilyard:I thought some confirmation from one of the Principals was an obligation.. very strange
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:makes sense to me OCL
  Juan Manuel Rojas:I lost my call
  Nathalie  Peregrine:dialing out again Juan
  Juan Manuel Rojas:already in
  Glenn McKnight:ISOC  chapters  vary  in organizational  capacity.  ISOC  requires  a  detailed  MOU  and  an organizational structure
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:thank everyone
  Alberto Soto:Thanks!!!!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks all
  Juan Manuel Rojas:thank everyone
  Silvia Vivanco:Bye all
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Bye
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:bye for know

• No labels