Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the At-Large ALS Criteria and Expectations Taskforce meeting on the 7th August 2015.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/M49CAw
  Juan Manuel Rojas:good morning, afternoon and evening
  Alberto Soto:Buen dia, good morning, buenas tardes, good afternon, buenas noches, good knight!!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome all!
  Heidi Ullrich:Welcome!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:done
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:me too I a seeing one slide at the time
  Vanda:hi everyone
  Nathalie  Peregrine:We can all see slide 3
  Wolf Ludwig:This is a challenge, Alan!
  Glenn McKnight:Single  member  ALS  is the same as  a  unaffiliated  member then
  Carlton Samuels:Howdy all
  Wolf Ludwig:Or it could be an Individual member -- where Individuals are permitted ...
  Juan Manuel Rojas:I believe that establish WHY they want join us.
  Vanda:yes. we want individuous but may try to add them to ALS already  existin in the country for instance
  Glenn McKnight:Note  that the  ISOC   process of  accrediiting  the  new  ISOC  chapter s   require  20  names  for the sign up  plus  a  founding board
  Carlton Samuels:@Wolf:  When is an ALS not an ALS?
  Glenn McKnight:ISOC  Chapters  are  incorporated entities
  Wolf Ludwig:@Carlton: In case of a one-man-show ;-)!
  Glenn McKnight:IEEE  sections and ISOC  Chapters  are  larger and active  entities  
  Carlton Samuels:This presumes an ALS is a single issue organisation.
  Carlton Samuels:@Wolf: Exactly so. But its the participation that is of use, not the memebrship
  Glenn McKnight:Concept  sounds  good  in theory  but  hard  to  force  ALS's to comply
  Wolf Ludwig:I agree, Carlton -- participation is more important than numbers of members! I know very small and active ALSes over here ...
  Vanda:size also depends upon the size of the country
  Glenn McKnight:@ Olivier   I wondered  when the  idea of  "free travel'  will rear  its  ugly head
  Carlton Samuels:The 'free travel'  argument is bogus!!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Glen: it is a reality. And some ALSes are complainning that they see other ALSes that are enjoying the free travel and they want to do things and be further involved and come to work with At-Large face to face, but no ability whatsoever to do so
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:CROPP is for outreach. What do we ahve for targeted inreach?
  Carlton Samuels:ICANN pays for  4 persons from a RALO to attend a meeting.  AND 1 to a Global Assembly TWICE!!
  Glenn McKnight:@olivier  you are  puppetting the  negative comments ,  I thought  we  agreed in slide  one to avoid  thiese  comments
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Carton: if we had the figures fr atendance of ATLAS II, we'd see that free travel is a reality. And I'd like to see those figures.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Glen: I am proposing some slutions and you are focussing on the 1 sentence I have made about the free travel. Well done.
  Carlton Samuels:Years ago, we had a few ALAC members from LACRALO who went on a travel instead of attending ALAC meetings.  And from that backlash, we have been saddled with this crap all these years. Those boys who became tourists cannot be the standard by which we are judged!!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:it' proof that just mentioning "free travel" si a touchy issue.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Carlton: check out the last bunch of CROPP attendees @BA and tell me if this was money well spent.
  Glenn McKnight:@wow,  this is  getting crazy
  Glenn McKnight:This is not  productive
  Glenn McKnight:lots of noise
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Adigo is muting the line
  Glenn McKnight:Question on the  saturday meeting
  Glenn McKnight:My travel has  me arrive on Saturday
  Glenn McKnight:Can we clarify the  travel to Dublin
  Vanda:@ glenn I am checking mine
  Glenn McKnight:My travel says  my travel  arrival is  Saturday  so  I would  not be attending the Saturday meeting
  Vanda:@gelnn. mani give me the chance to arrive on Friday
  Heidi Ullrich:@Glen, we will look into your arrival date
  Carlton Samuels:@Olivier: We will always get a dissolute fella in a volunteer group.  For example, the poster boy for tourist travel, one who caused so much grief to the At-Large and ALAC in India, was a CROPP awardee in LACRALO.  You and I would know that.  I willl rememebr because y'all beat me up badly when I argued against sanctions or further criteria for travel support. But there is no institutional memory
  Glenn McKnight:@Heidi  i will send you the email from  Joseph
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I see two ways to improve ALS involvement: 1. travel for ALSes that are both active in At-Large but also important/useful due to the skills they would bring at the meeting. 2. support to create a local HUB with the ALS during an ICANN meeting. This would strengthen their involvement in both ways
  Glenn McKnight:@heidi  i  sent you the email from Joseph
  Carlton Samuels:Note my endorsement of WOlf's comments on individual contributionS!
  Glenn McKnight:What is the  role of the outside  examiner?
  Carlton Samuels:@Vanda: Note that I endorse Vanda's comments
  Carlton Samuels:Yes
  Carlton Samuels:I am speaking
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Carlton, I don't your mic activated
  Vanda:we are not hearing you dear
  Nathalie  Peregrine:and not on Adigo either
  Nathalie  Peregrine:please activate your AC mic by clicking on the telephone icon and following instrcutions on the AC toolbar
  Carlton Samuels:I reactivated my mic again
  Nathalie  Peregrine:ah now it is :)
  Carlton Samuels:I will try after Juan Manuel Rojas
  Alan Greenberg:@Glenn, At-Large review will focus on ALSes and At-Large
  Alan Greenberg:Oops, sorry, ... and RALOs
  Carlton Samuels:@Juan Manuel Rojas: +1
  Carlton Samuels:With reservations.
  Glenn McKnight:It  would  be  good  to know  what the  examiner  is looking so  we  can be  prepared for the analysis,  Not to say we cook the books  but  we  do our  own pre-screen to  see where the gaps  or shortfallings  exists
  Wolf Ludwig:Only few people in our existing ALSes are involved and understand complex ALAC and ICANN issues as well.
  Vanda:@ juan  is right
  Carlton Samuels:I am speaking
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Carlton, we can't hear you, can we dial out to you?
  Vanda:@wolf yes. I ahve more tha 60 associates in my women group here , but the majority has no inerest into ICANN, normally Sylvia and myself the only ones that actively participate
  Nathalie  Peregrine:I see yourmic activated but still no sound
  Carlton Samuels:Yes please +1 876-818-1799
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Adigo are dialing now
  Silvia Vivanco:they are on the Agenda
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Agenda page: v
  Nathalie  Peregrine:https://community.icann.org/x/M49CAw
  Glenn McKnight:the  emaill   had  a list of the documents
  Silvia Vivanco:Under reference documents on the Agenda  meeting page
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Carlton is now on the audio bridge
  Wolf Ludwig:difficult time for me.
  Glenn McKnight:@wolf   what is better for you
  Wolf Ludwig:Later the day and in the evening ...
  Glenn McKnight:@Carelton is  trying to showcase the focused talents of individuals
  Wolf Ludwig:Plus 1
  Wolf Ludwig:Good points Carlton!
  Glenn McKnight:The  problem is the  mandate of the reviewer.  I assume  they are looking  at metrics and political  realities is not in their  mandate
  Wolf Ludwig:But you need a *Basis* for adequate selections as well, Alan.
  Alberto Soto:Thanks!! Bye all!!!
  Glenn McKnight:@Careleton is  trying to have a reality  check on the  drive to  more accountable.  I caution  us  that  
  Carlton Samuels:thank you all. Thanks especially to Alan, Wolf, Glenn, Vanda and Juan Manuel
  Glenn McKnight:damn  computer
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all
  Vanda:thank you to all. I need to leave  bye and nice weekend to all
  Wolf Ludwig:Good bye all!
  Juan Manuel Rojas:bye all

• No labels