Terri Agnew:Welcome to the ALTAS II Organizing Committee call on Thursday 29 May 2014 at 19:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/WJzhAg

Matthieu Camus:Good morning, afternoon, evening everyone!

Siranush Vardanyan:good evening all

Natalia Enciso:Hello everyone!

CW:Joined the call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and at 0504 local time too Before Coffee :-)

maricarmen sequera:hello everyone. ..

maricarmen sequera:please call me: +595 981100375

Carlos Reyes:Action Item 029: ATLAS II Participants page is updated daily. Thematic group information has been added for participants that have completed the survey. Mentoring program information will be added once mentors/mentees are confirmed.

Carlos Reyes:Action Item 035: Thematic Working Group survey has been distributed and is now closed.

Heidi Ullrich:Meetings pages: https://community.icann.org/display/als2/At-Large+London+Meeting+Agendas+Workspace+-+June+2014

Siranush Vardanyan:during APRALO monthly call it was decided tat the staff will resend the link to ap list for thematic groups and people will go and sign up, those who didn't, so, maybe it's worth keeping the space open and staff to send the reminder once again to all ALSs

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Sorry OCL. I was suggesting there would be more ebenfit in keeping the survey OPEN to get any more data in UNLESS the OC group or Tijani feel no benefit (or harm in this )

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Exactly Siranush

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Cheryl - thanks

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:nope. SURVEY

CW:I have volunteered for the ICANN accountability and transparency group. Correct? What is the preparatory schedule? We have only 3 weeks to go. CW

Siranush Vardanyan:can staff resend the survey link to the regional lists again?

Wolf Ludwig:Agree with Cheryl -- keep it open !

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:start all the allocations. however

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:no reason to hold that off

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: but any additional data points can only assist as afyetall all need to be allocated any way

Wolf Ludwig:@CW: for your interest in this particular TG, please come back and coordinate with me!

Gisella Gruber-White:Sorry Olivier- my AC audio has just cut off

Gisella Gruber-White:I am being dialled out to

CW:The font on the screen is so small that it is almost illegible. I need a magnifying glass.

Terri Agnew:@CW you can increase size

Heidi Ullrich:See schedule for the Fayre: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II++Fayre+of+Opportunities+Event+and+Room+Details

Terri Agnew:Welcome Evan

Evan Leibovitch:Given the late date it may not be that ISOC is unwilling to change so much as unable

Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, staff have confimed that the Welcome Video was sent out to the ATLAS II list via the last previous Newsletter

Heidi Ullrich:@CLO, what about Waltzing Matilda ;) Great song!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thank

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:you Glenn

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:crying

Heidi Ullrich:lol

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:crying

maricarmen sequera:adobe connect dont work on my linux. I hope I can understand from my cell.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:cring damn auto correct

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:oh dear

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Linux is an issue. yes. on many versions of the OS  ... BUT  I have success with using android mobile app for voice in...

Evan Leibovitch:I think I may have found (one of) the Linux Adobe connect issues.

Evan Leibovitch:Most Linux installations come with a Java open source clone, "openJDK", installed

Evan Leibovitch:Adobe Connect demands *official* Oracle Java.

Evan Leibovitch:When I replaced openJDK with Oracle Java, AC has been fully working.

Evan Leibovitch:Using Kubuntu for this session without problems

CW:Please add apologies from Eric Tomson. He is a professional musician and his working day likely starts about now.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks. @evan

Wolf Ludwig:But WHY a speaker from the French government?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:good bloody question plenty of ministers to pick from @wolf

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:NOT in favor of that a UK one makes host country sense

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: NOT FR

Wolf Ludwig:Does this lady really has to tell us something important?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:DON'T accept the offer IMO

Evan Leibovitch:My prefs would be Brazil or Sweden. Both appears to be at ht forefront of asserting Internet user rights.

Evan Leibovitch:especially Brazil given Netmundial and the recent rights document

Terri Agnew:Please remember to mute when not speaking

Wolf Ludwig:In the given case I could suggest Thomas Schneider from the Swiss govt. -- he at least knows about civil society!

Wolf Ludwig:Right opposition in principle on a govt. speaker!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:you see how contention is building even here. IMAGINE. full ATLAS spread of views. the term thin ice comes to mind

Evan Leibovitch:The big question ... WHY FRANCE? If there is a plausible reason I could accept that. But I have heard nothing.

Evan Leibovitch:BIG NEWS from a few hours ago. The Curation WG has agreed to change its name ;-)

Matthieu Camus:to come back on Axelle Lemaire: she is the cowriter of the European Digital Strategy report presented by France to the European Concil in 2013

Natalia Enciso:Action item 016: 3 Newsletter has been sent in 3 languages: EN, ES, FR. 2 more to go. Web page allocated in atlas.icann.org. English version is uploaded. Comments requested in the Comm WG. Translation into ES & FR will follow. Call next week to decide the launching date of the site.

Natalia Enciso:http://atlas.icann.org/

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bad audio

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:is it just me or is Silvia dropping off audio?

Heidi Ullrich:it appears to be Silvia

Evan Leibovitch:I heard it all, but faint

Wolf Ludwig:Only understood half!

maricarmen sequera:ok

Heidi Ullrich:no ok

Heidi Ullrich:now ok

Silvia Vivanco:did you hear?

Silvia Vivanco:no?

Silvia Vivanco:oh no!!

Evan Leibovitch:really really faint

Heidi Ullrich:apologies, Silvia is experiencing a power outage atm, so doing the best she can :)

Evan Leibovitch:I can hear her, just really low

Natalia Enciso:If you have any comments on the web,. they are welcome!

maricarmen sequera:thank you silvia...

Ariel Liang:Curation WG is called social media WG now

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Working+Groups+Organizational+Map

Heidi Ullrich:Please see the ATLAS II blog post by Olivier: https://www.icann.org/news/blog/at-large-community-to-convene-in-london-for-atlas-ii

Evan Leibovitch:IT'S NOT THE CURATION G ANYMORE :-)

Evan Leibovitch:Social Media WG

Evan Leibovitch:Earlier today, there was work to agree on hashtags for ATLAS2

Terri Agnew:Welcome Roberto

CW:Good night everyone. Looking forward to seeing you all in London.

Heidi Ullrich:See you in London, Christopher!

Roberto Gaetano:Thanks, Terry - I had problems with my internet, but good old phone was working :)

Natalia Enciso:I have to leave, have another meeting at work. e-See you next week.

Silvia Vivanco:Bye Natalia thank you

Gisella Gruber-White:1600 or 1900 UTC?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Natalia: thanks!

Natalia Enciso:bye

Gisella Gruber-White:Thursday 05 June 2014 at 1900 UTC

Wolf Ludwig:Can't promise to be available?

Roberto Gaetano:For our SME team, neither Rinalia nor myself will be available for the chosen time

Evan Leibovitch:bye!

Siranush Vardanyan:bye all

Matthieu Camus:Bye!

Ariel Liang:bye bye all

• No labels