Yesim Nazlar: (5/23/2016 23:01) Welcome to the ALAC Monthly Call on Tuesday 24 May 2016 at 12:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar: (23:02) Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/AgyOAw

Maureen Hilyard: (5/24/2016 14:52) Good morning Yesim

Yesim Nazlar: (14:52) Hi Maureen, welcome!

Maureen Hilyard: (14:54) Just waiting for phone call

Ron Sherwood: (14:56) Good morning all

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (14:56) hello everyone

Seun Ojedeji: (14:57) Hello everyone, good to be here on AC after a long time of being audio only ;-)

Yesim Nazlar: (14:57) Welcome everyone!

Holly Raiche: (14:57) Hi Sirik - I hope you are better

Holly Raiche: (14:57) Sorry - Sirik

Janvier Ngnoulaye(ISOC Cameroon Chapter): (14:58) Hello everyone

Maureen Hilyard: (14:58) Hi everyone

Holly Raiche: (14:58) Hello Everyone as well

Janvier Ngnoulaye(ISOC Cameroon Chapter): (14:59) Hi Seun, happy to meet you here !

Maureen Hilyard: (15:00) Hey your guys.. 2am for me

Seun Ojedeji: (15:00) Hey @Janvier good to have you as well

Seun Ojedeji: (15:01) welcome

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (15:01) Here it i 3:00pm

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (15:01) in a scotching hot sun

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (15:01) Hi everyone

Alberto Soto: (15:01) Hola a todos, hello everyone!!

vanda SCARTEZINI: (15:05) hi all, i am  at phone bridge

Heidi Ullrich: (15:13) Greetings, All!

Jimmy Schulz: (15:14) Hi all, sorry for being late.

Yesim Nazlar: (15:15) Welcome Jimmy

Yesim Nazlar: (15:16) Please see website: https://atlarge.icann.org/

Harold Arcos: (15:16) Hello everyone, apologise for late connection

Yesim Nazlar: (15:16) Welcome Harold!

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (15:16) Bonsoir à tous

Harold Arcos: (15:17) Thanks Yesim

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (15:18) APRALO May report is posted for your review: https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Secretariat+Reports+2016

Holly Raiche: (15:19) Do you want a brief 1 minute reminder on the ALAC Review?

Holly Raiche: (15:19) Sorry - I'm on the agena later

Jimmy Schulz: (15:20) yes

Yesim Nazlar: (15:27) Welcome Tijani!

Janvier Ngnoulaye(ISOC Cameroon Chapter): (15:29) Welcome Tijani

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (15:38) rigorous due diligence was done by staff on the consultants and ITEMS. Sebastien's association with them was cleared.

Harold Arcos: (15:39) I have trouble with connection through laptop. I have to get of AC and keep through cellphone.

Sebastien: (15:39) Thanks Rinalia - But I wanted to be transparent about my previous involvment with Items International

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (15:40) understood and well appreciated.

Sebastien: (15:45) It is interesting that things go back and force in the Board. The Board use to have a small team to set-up the program of retreat. Good to see that back.

Heidi Ullrich: (15:47) Stakeholder Journey - staff have spoken to the AC/SO chairs

vanda SCARTEZINI: (15:48) avbnmmj

Maureen Hilyard: (15:50) Thank you Rinalia - great news all round

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:50) Thanks Rinalia

Humberto: (15:51) Hello everybody

Heidi Ullrich: (15:51) Many thanks, Rinalia!

Janvier Ngnoulaye(ISOC Cameroon Chapter): (15:51) Great news Rinalia

vanda SCARTEZINI: (15:51) ]\thanks rinalia for the news

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (15:52) I think the board overall is doing good work and the new CEO is great!

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (15:52) grand merci pour ses informations

Gisella Gruber: (15:53) https://community.icann.org/x/_o5CAw

Seun Ojedeji: (15:53) I can't remember seeing that request from IPC on ALAC list but yeah it will be a good thing to meet with them as well.

Seun Ojedeji: (15:54) Lost audio can i be re-dialed

Yesim Nazlar: (15:54) @Seun: Redialing

Seun Ojedeji: (15:55) Thanks

Seun Ojedeji: (15:58) Wow! that going to require a huge room Maureen ;-) Nice one there!

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (16:08) Can I request a dial out as have to leave the adobe space? and will continue via phone only. Phone +37494947773

Yesim Nazlar: (16:10) @Siranush: Dialing now

Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO: (16:10) thanks, Yesim

Yesim Nazlar: (16:10) my pleasure!

Seun Ojedeji: (16:12) Lost audio

Seun Ojedeji: (16:12) May i request a redial

Yesim Nazlar: (16:12) @Seun: Redialing now

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:15) some of them may show up based on their own interest

Heidi Ullrich: (16:15) @Alan, Board Support will be able to identify the Board members for each topic

Heidi Ullrich: (16:16) It is important that the ALAC to identify policy issues soon :)

Jimmy Schulz: (16:16) ;-)

Jimmy Schulz: (16:22) Treat: please use "sexual identity" insead of "sexual orientation" there is a substantual difference see wikipedia.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:23) Alway welcome to hug me Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:27) and "Unwelcolme"  may change  frm time t time *even between the same people*

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:28) Good point Jimmy

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:29) Exactly Jimmy  layers of complexity, but we need to find a balance in "BEST PRCTICE"

Seun Ojedeji: (16:29) Exactly Cheryl and considering that i may huge Cheryl today, if i do so tommorrow and i get reported then it would be difficult to really know Cheryl didn't wnat to be huged at that time. While that sounds rhetoric my point is that this is not used to hunt people unnecessarily

Jimmy Schulz: (16:30) There is no hug button here

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:30) Yup\

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:30) *HUG*

Seun Ojedeji: (16:30) Yeah HUG....LOL

Yesim Nazlar: (16:31) https://community.icann.org/x/C5pCAw

Alan Greenberg: (16:31) BOdy language is VERY important here, to guage whether a person may be receptive, and may of us are VERY poor at reading body language.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:32) yup  ( or choose to be ;-)

Loris Taylor: (16:33) Thank you for the approval of the Tribal Ambassadorship!

Heidi Ullrich: (16:33) Also, the Academy course on chair faciliation was approved for meeting C

Seun Ojedeji: (16:34) @Alan yeah thats right, i pray wisdom to those that will be involved in handling the issues on case by case basis

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:34) Agree Alan

Heidi Ullrich: (16:35) Please check the individual RALO requests on the link above

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (16:36) F17-49 notre premier DNS Forum Tchad n'est pas approuvé

Heidi Ullrich: (16:36) Also, several RALO requests that were not approved, could go ahead with collaboration with GSE staff

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (16:38) merci Heidi nous rentrons en contact Pierre pour voir les différentes possibilités ;

Heidi Ullrich: (16:38) Staff will be creating an Implementation Workspace

Maureen Hilyard: (16:39) @Heidi.. what is the link to the budget report?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:40) RALOs suggest and recommend  ALAC  appoints NC People for each Region

Heidi Ullrich: (16:41) @Abdeldjalil - S'il vous plaît contacter Pierre ou Yaovi concernant votre activité proposée. Ils peuvent être en mesure d'offrir une autre façon de le mettre en œuvre.

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (16:43) Merci beaucoup  @Heidi pour votre orientation et votre soutien

Heidi Ullrich: (16:43) :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:48) Well said Tijani

Maureen Hilyard: (16:49) +1 Tijani

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:49) GNSO  has 7

Maureen Hilyard: (16:50) APRALO has 3 men and 3 women in its Leadership Team

Alan Greenberg: (16:51) @CLO, yes, GNSO has 7, but each named by a different group.

Alan Greenberg: (16:51) And they are NAMED by that group and not the GNSO

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:51) Yes we have been GENDER BALANCED FOR MANY YEARS NOW  AND WE OFTEN APPOINT  WITHOUT *any* consideration of Gender

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:51) Sorry   CAPS  was an error

Maureen Hilyard: (16:52) Exactly... the best person for the job is a major consideration

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:52) Yes Alan  / Maureen

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (16:52) pour remédier au problème nous pouvons demander à chaque ALS doit respecter la politique de genre pour désigner leurs contacts primaires et secondaires ; ceci permettra une bonne politique de diversités de genre

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (16:53) surtout l'équilibre homme VS Femme V Jeunes ...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:53) indeed Alan  our trust in the person we send to NC  is essential the role is a critical one

vanda SCARTEZINI: (16:54) @ sebastien, I believe you are right in some way but I have done lot of outreach during my time in NOmcom to convince woemen to be candidate, and I face really huge difficulty to get mor women ... i believe we need to work harder

Seun Ojedeji: (16:54) +1 @Maureen while we try to balance on other areas and no just gender alone

Holly Raiche: (16:54) At This stage, I don't think we can do anthing.  In future, we may think about how to ensure that we get the best people - with balance on gender

vanda SCARTEZINI: (16:55) in LACRALO we always have some women around,

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:56) Yes Vanda as you well know  even when we get a reasinable percentage of female applicants for Leadership Roles  we then sift and sort  to end wth the best of th candidates  regardless of Gender  but take into acount Gender *as a diversity issue*  when we make te appoitments

Holly Raiche: (16:56) @Vanda - we have a real imbalance - too many women!

vanda SCARTEZINI: (16:57) @holly.. yeah specially we all aldies all the time nosing around...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:57) :-)

Holly Raiche: (16:58) :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:58) and yet Some of us prefer not to be *bound by our gender*

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:58) NC is not a place for "newbies" unless they are corporate hedunters in their day job

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (17:00) ++++  Alan

vanda SCARTEZINI: (17:00) yes ALAN, you right!!!

Ron Sherwood: (17:00) Thank you everyone...  I have to leave at this time, bye for now

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (17:00) Bye  Ron

Jimmy Schulz: (17:01) not needed

Holly Raiche: (17:01) I don't think we need to from the APRALO perspective - and on he face of it, I"m happy and don't think we need to

Seun Ojedeji: (17:01) None from my end

Maureen Hilyard: (17:01) Not needed

vanda SCARTEZINI: (17:01) no from me

Seun Ojedeji: (17:03) +1 to Sebastien on that comment and i think we need to discuss it further

vanda SCARTEZINI: (17:03) @ this is a point we need the discuss with open mind

Sebastien: (17:04) Thanks Alan

Loris Taylor: (17:05) thank you

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (17:05) Thank you

Alberto Soto: (17:05) Thanks!!!

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (17:06) Bye

Maureen Hilyard: (17:06) Thanks Alan and all Bye

Ali AlMeshal: (17:06) thanks all

Seun Ojedeji: (17:06) Thanks bye

Wafa Dahmani: (17:06) thank u

vanda SCARTEZINI: (17:06) thank you all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (17:06) BYE

Jimmy Schulz: (17:06) bye

Siranush Vardanyan: (17:06) bye all

Wafa Dahmani: (17:06) bye all

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (17:06) merci ET bye bye

Bastiaan Goslings: (17:06) ciao

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (17:06) thanks everyone!

Heidi Ullrich: (17:06) Bye!

Harold Arcos: (17:06) Thanks everyone,,,take care

• No labels