Title of Proposed Activity
Workshop on the impact of the new Internet (IPV6, IDN, new gTLDs) on the development and daily life of underserved communities
Community Requestor Name
ICANN Staff Community Liaison
1. Activity: Please describe your proposed activity in detail
Organizing a workshop at the upcoming Internet Governance Forum in Istanbul early September 2014 addressing the possible impact of the new Internet (IPV6, IDN, new gTLDs) on the development and daily life of underserved communities
2. Type of Activity: e.g. Outreach -Education/training - Travel support - Research/Study - Meetings - Other
We can consider this activity as an outreach operation that will give ICANN more credibility, visibility and trust. Our contribution in the last 2 years was very successful. It will require travel support to keep up the success for this 3rdworkshop.
3. Proposed Timeline/Schedule: e.g.one time activity, recurring activity
One time activity
1. Strategic Alignment. Which area of ICANN’s Strategic Plan does this request support?
A Healthy Internet Governance Eco-System:
2. Demographics. What audience(s), in which geographies, does your request target?
The audience will be composed of participants in the IGF 2014 (from all over the world), and it will be in Istanbul (Turkey)
3. Deliverables. What are the desired outcomes of your proposed activity?
It will be the contribution of the ICANN community in this important international forum, perhaps one of the most important fora. It will give ICANN more visibility, credibility and trust by demonstrating that the ICANN community and the African community in this case, has its say in ICANN and elsewhere. Its active participation in the debate about the Multi-stakeholder model of internet governance during the various IGF was really appreciated at the global level
4. Metrics. What measurements will you use to determine whether your activity achieves its desired outcomes?
The attendance, the debate and the echo of the workshop could be the metrics of success of the workshop.
Resource Planning – incremental to accommodate this request
StaffSupportNeeded(not including subject matter expertise):
Subject Matter Expert Support:
Technology Support:(telephone, Adobe Connect, web streaming, etc.)
Language Services Support:
Potential/planned Sponsorship Contribution: