Gisella Gruber: (9/24/2014 14:31) Welcome to the At-Large Metrics Working Group call on Wednesday 24 September 2014 at 1400 UTC
  Gisella Gruber: (14:33) Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/PxTxAg
  Silvia Vivanco: (14:58) Hello all
  Silvia Vivanco: (14:58) welcome we are waiting for few more people to join the call
  Murray McKercher: (15:00) good morning
  Silvia Vivanco: (15:01) Good morning Murray  and welcome
  Glenn McKnight: (15:02) Hi All,  Only on  Adobe  this morning
  Murray McKercher: (15:04) Iam AC only as well
  Darlene Thompson: (15:11) Hi all - sorry for lateness - phone service in community went down so I'm only on Adobe Connect
  Silvia Vivanco: (15:11) Monday, 13 October 2014 -  16:00 - 17:00 - At-Large Metrics Working Group
  Silvia Vivanco: (15:14) RALO Metrics status :https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/RALO+Metric+Expectations+and+Requirements+Workspace
  Silvia Vivanco: (15:16) This is the link with Maureen's work: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Metrics+Sub-Committee+Drafting+Workspace
  Silvia Vivanco: (15:16) being read out
  Darlene Thompson: (15:22) Not to my memeory
  Darlene Thompson: (15:22) memory
  Darlene Thompson: (15:27) I agree a lot with Alan, however, many outside of the ALAC question the amount of travel support given to the ALAC.  I hope the world has changed but as people go in and out of the ALAC, things can regress.  Ergo I think its VERY important to have this enshrined so that we can point to it and show that we monitor our people.
  Darlene Thompson: (15:28) AND that we are worth EVERY penny that ICANN spends on us and then some.
  Darlene Thompson: (15:29) AND Alan is the only one that SHOULD have been kicked!!!  LOL
  Alan Greenberg: (15:29) Slacking Canadians are clearly out of scope.  Slacking frenchman, however...
  Darlene Thompson: (15:29) (above was joke)
  Darlene Thompson: (15:29) See my writing above
  Murray McKercher: (15:30) I now have audio
  Darlene Thompson: (15:32) And we should lead the way in accountability.
  Darlene Thompson: (15:38) Even in CROPP we have to show ROI
  Murray McKercher: (15:38) @CLO - agree with your potato comment :)
  Gisella Gruber: (15:39) Baudouin Schombe has joined the call
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:39) ROI gives alergic reactions to some people. Can we market the potato as being a delicious and nutritive vegetable grown in the ground, enabling an unbelievable variety of dishes to be prepared?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:40) (I forgot to mention - "affordable" vegetable and "with exceptional energetic value" ?
  Darlene Thompson: (15:41) Agree CLO
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:42) Volunteer value: https://www.independentsector.org/volunteer_time
  Darlene Thompson: (15:44) Sorry - comment was pertinent at time
  Darlene Thompson: (15:44) No audio - skip
  Darlene Thompson: (15:45) Thank you!
  Murray McKercher: (15:45) Wow, I am moving to Boston :)
  Murray McKercher: (15:45) Massachusetts: $27.00
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:47) Admittedly the hourly value is not so high considering the knowledge that is needed to take part in volunteer activity in ICANN, yet the number of hours ALAC members spend per year on ALAC and ICANN matters, amounts to millions of dollars. Hence this dwarfs the "investment" which ICANN makes into the ALAC. Just my own views.
  Alan Greenberg: (15:47) Murray, that's the VALUE, not what you will be paid there!
  Murray McKercher: (15:48) @Alan indeed, also agree with OCL comments
  Alan Greenberg: (15:48) My personal time is valued far higher than that (in MY opinion), but sadly not that many people are willing to pay it to me!
  Murray McKercher: (15:49) Join the club :), but the non-monetary payback is worthwhile, in my case
  Glenn McKnight: (15:57) Sorry I had to take a call,  What  item in the aggenda ?
  Glenn McKnight: (15:58) Thanks
  Glenn McKnight: (15:59) On ALS   participation  we have  expanded our ALS  by 9 als in North America  but  as other  groups their  attendence in monthly calls  have been poor
  Silvia Vivanco: (16:00) NARALO metrics: 16. When an ALS does not vote in 3 consecutive NARALO elections or does not contribute a comment on ICANN policy through collaboration on the NARALO discussion list in 12 consecutive months, it automatically loses its voting rights and active status within the NARALO. The ALS may regain its voting rights and active status if within the next year it votes or participates to online discussions, otherwise the Chair will submit to ALAC a request for de-certification of that ALS.
  Silvia Vivanco: (16:01) NARALO MOU  Article 16
  Darlene Thompson: (16:02) Alan:  3 consecutive votes and/or one year not posting on the list
  Darlene Thompson: (16:02) NARALO ROP
  Darlene Thompson: (16:03) Fixing the problem only means to post on the list!!!
  Darlene Thompson: (16:04) See 3 above
  Darlene Thompson: (16:04) Nope!
  Darlene Thompson: (16:05) THANK YOU CHERYL!!!!
  Alan Greenberg: (16:08) That is correct, I got the details wrong in that there is no catch-22 in the naralo rules. But there is an illogiical condition in that youit says that you can regain voting rights by voting.  Luckily in the wisdom of those who drafted it (and I was not involved), it does include a second way of regaining active status.
  Glenn McKnight: (16:10) Reminders to the list  doesn't always  prompt  greater participation.  Lots of reminders  by phone and personal emails  is  necessary
  Silvia Vivanco: (16:17) @ Olivier good point re guidance to RALO leaders
  Silvia Vivanco: (16:19) Monday, 13 October 2014 -  16:00 - 17:00 - At-Large Metrics Working Group
  Darlene Thompson: (16:20) Hopefully the IT Gods will smile upon me and I'll be able to TALK next time!
  Glenn McKnight: (16:21) Sure
  Gisella Gruber: (16:22) At-Large Metrics Working Group meeting in Los Angeles on Monday 13 October at 1500 local (2200 UTC).
  Gisella Gruber: (16:22) Meeting Invitation will go out to the mailing list to notify all members and to allow for remote participation
  Gisella Gruber: (16:25) Doodle for rotating times will be sent out for week 10th November (second week of the month) - approx 1 month after Los Angeles - and the TWO preferred time slots will be used as rotating times to share the pain!
  Murray McKercher: (16:28) AI = Action item, not Artificial Intelligence
  Darlene Thompson: (16:29) Thanks all!
  Murray McKercher: (16:29) Thanks to all.
  Silvia Vivanco: (16:29) Thank you all
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:29) Thanks Cheryl. Thanks everyone bye
  Silvia Vivanco: (16:29) bye for now
  Silvia Vivanco: (16:29) AIs will be sent out to the list shortly
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (16:29) bye all

• No labels