Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the ALAC Subcommittee on Finance and Budget (FBSC) Call on Thursday, 05 January 2017 at 14:00 UTC.

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_3qzDAw&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=_jaRttT5T1OsouZQ6Z-zkU8G8nh8971m2XR5oxQMFhU&s=Hm_GLOR_5stUkPRUl2wFtYdQtA4g1EoBDsV7uB13wVA&e=

Maureen Hilyard:Happy New Year

Allan Skuce:Happy New Year everyone

Andrei Kolesnikov:hi! happy new year

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:I can hear you either way Tijani.

Heidi Ullrich:Happy 2017, All!

judith hellerstein:i all

judith hellerstein:some one has a bad echo

Seun Ojedeji:Hello

Seun Ojedeji:Happy New Year

Nadira ALARAJ:hi all

Glenn McKnight:Do we have a scoring/evaluation methodology for the submissions.  

Wale Bakare:Happy year 2017 to all

Glenn McKnight:What is the yardstick

Ali Almeshal:hello everyone

judith hellerstein:Good question, but i think the answer is no

Harold Arcos:Happy New Year everyone from sunny Caracas

Javier Rua-Jovet:Hi to all. Ready!

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:Hello everyone and bonsoir à tous

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:Happy new year 2017

Javier Rua-Jovet:Still Xmas Season in Puerto Rico!  Today is Epiphany Eve, tomorrow  Three Kings Day!  Harold, es lo mismo en Caracas?

Heidi Ullrich:Bonjour/Bonsoir!

Javier Rua-Jovet:good transition!

Harold Arcos:Así es @Javier

Yesim Nazlar:scrolling rights of the displayed page is enabled

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello All

Yesim Nazlar:welcome Dev!

Glenn McKnight:What about discussion from a  Working Group?

Javier Rua-Jovet:@Harold  ¡Pues Feliz Víspera de Reyes!

Yesim Nazlar:Please visit the link for FY18 Budget Development Workspace: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_cZ3DAw&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=_jaRttT5T1OsouZQ6Z-zkU8G8nh8971m2XR5oxQMFhU&s=x_79nrCZ7k_jQGRHiCwq2-xtM350pjxU7c8FXgau0dA&e=

Humberto:hello. I apologize for being lat

Yesim Nazlar:welcome Humberto!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Re: mailing list translation, some work have been done by ICANN IT staff with regular feedback from the TTF - a new version of the tool is ready for testing and feedback

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:please who is speaking now ?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Alan is speaking now

Heidi Ullrich:FY17 Additional Budget request page - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_At-2DLarge-2BFY17-2BBudget-2BDevelopment-2BWorkspace&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=_jaRttT5T1OsouZQ6Z-zkU8G8nh8971m2XR5oxQMFhU&s=Ne6Iy3DBhkEtRHOTPff9NrHEXsd6Vowde7BeAukMqv0&e=

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:Thanks Dev

Heidi Ullrich:At-Large received a significant amount in FY17 :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thx for the update Dev is it good progress?

Alberto Soto:+1 Tijani

Glenn McKnight:@Dev  I know that  TTF  is informed on the  work on the translation but  I don't think the rest of the community are aware.  I think a short report to ALAC is needed on the TTF work in progress

Glenn McKnight:Perhaps  ALAC members should join the TTF

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Cheryl - good progress - a lot of the existing bugs noted at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_LACRALO_discussion-2Dof-2DLACRALO-2Dmailing-2Dlist-2Dissues&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=_jaRttT5T1OsouZQ6Z-zkU8G8nh8971m2XR5oxQMFhU&s=Jtmadt9rmGiqWBHPuODINIlOsLjAVBfOoXRWrzFjFaQ&e=  have been fixed.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):phew.... good to hear...  thx

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Cheryl - we need to do a round of testing to ensure those bugs are indeed squashed and note if there are any showstopper bugs remaining

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):indeed and understood @development

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):argh auto correct struck again...  sorry @ dev

judith hellerstein:@olivier can discuss how the GNSO got funding for their liasion position

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, Rob.

Glenn McKnight:Normally organizations have a strategic plan and the budget requests are tied to core expected outcomes

Robert Hoggarth:Hello Heidi and All.  Happy New Year!

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Rob, happy new year!

Javier Rua-Jovet:Great question and clarification.  A fine line between Panel vs Outreach.

Glenn McKnight:@Heidi are you saying a major effort at IGF Geneva should not be submitted via this committee?  

Maureen Hilyard:ICANN's strategic plan is integral to the requests

Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, I would think that if a plan is submitted early enough, that we may be able to work with Government engagement and GSE.

Nadira ALARAJ:@Glenn and it seems they are not part of CROP

Heidi Ullrich:It also depends on what activities you wish to do at the IGF.

Daniel K. Nanghaka:CROPP is limited to regional outreach and engagement

Alan Greenberg:Question of requests from WGs, they can be "adopted by a RALO and handled that way, or through the ALAC. The latter is probably better.

Heidi Ullrich:If a global workshop was being proposed - yes - submit that

Glenn McKnight:How was the NCUC Booth funded at the IGF?

Glenn McKnight:Note  23 Atlarge participated at IGF Mexico

Glenn McKnight:Most of us participated with panels

Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, would At-Large like to use the ICANN booth or have their own?

Glenn McKnight:We are working on the proposal, IGF  has standard  stands in their village

judith hellerstein:I think having a separate booth is better

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:@Glenn : NCC booth was entirely obtained through personal connections of the people runnning the booth.

Nadira ALARAJ:+1 Judith of sperate booths

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:Several of the people had worked for the IGF Secretariat before and they therefore got a good deal

Maureen Hilyard:At Large booth objectives are more defined than ICANN's

Alan Greenberg:NCUC puts private money into some of their activities. For instance, they give fellowships to attend. I think it comes from grats outside of ICANN. Some that in the past, we have been told we cannot do...

Daniel K. Nanghaka:ooops

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:Booth for ATLARGE and we can put all RALO materials ...

Maureen Hilyard:+1

Maureen Hilyard:for all RALOs

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:There are sponsors for NCUC too. In kind sponsors. APC pays for a lot of things for all kinds of activities from Civil Society organisations @ IGF

Alan Greenberg:Manning a boot can be problematic!

Javier Rua-Jovet:@Heidi is there a definition of "global workshop"?  Is it a function of wide geograhpic representativity?

Daniel K. Nanghaka:At Large booth shows the strong involvement of Multistakeholderism

Heidi Ullrich:@Javier, no firm definiation - but given the global nature of At-Large, perhaps one rep from each region would offer a global perspective.

Javier Rua-Jovet:@Heidi Thnx

judith hellerstein:@rob. Can you tell me about whether I should submit the captioning project again

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:@Oliver yes DAY 0 for civil society  at IGF MEXICO supported by APC

Glenn McKnight:Perhaps  we need to seek co-sponsorship for some of our  efforts

Heidi Ullrich:Would a joint effort with the civil society-like groups within ICANN be something you would support ?

Glenn McKnight:Yes, if you recall we have groups as part of  civil society

Glenn McKnight:More colloboration the better

Heidi Ullrich:that opens up another window if we can go with that approach.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):agree with you on that Glenn

Heidi Ullrich:You may wish to discuss this on the next SC on Outreach and Engagement and present a plan to Government Engagement  and GSE.

Glenn McKnight:@Heidi it is on the agenda and we have been working on the proposal.

Heidi Ullrich:This month - prior to the deadline for Additonal budget requests

Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, for the call being scheduled the week of the 9th?

Glenn McKnight:@Heidi  yes  

Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn/Dev, do you wish to invite Mandy and Jean-Jacques Sahel?

Nadira ALARAJ:@Heidi, where I can read about the core budget?

Glenn McKnight:@Heidi,  yes

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:ALS can sent  more than one request ?

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Glenn.

Heidi Ullrich:@Abdeldjalil - Yes, but please discuss with your RALO and their approval.

Heidi Ullrich:@Nadira, do you mean the FY18 core budget?

Robert Hoggarth:unfortunately, I also have a hard stop at top of the hour. I am happy to continue this discussion on another call or in 1:1 conversations

Wale Bakare:Please excuse me got an urgent matter to attend to now

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:well noted @Heidi ,Thanks

Nadira ALARAJ:@Heidi, I'm thinking there is an alocated core budget same each year.

Robert Hoggarth:agree with you 100% on your IGF thoughts Alan

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:we can have project like ATLARGE @IGF FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM to have pire ALAC PARTICIPATION

Heidi Ullrich:@Nadira, this page may help - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_news_blog_community-2Dparticipation-2Din-2Dpublic-2Dcomment-2Dfor-2Dfy18-2Dplanning&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=_jaRttT5T1OsouZQ6Z-zkU8G8nh8971m2XR5oxQMFhU&s=7o-dR68okmrImTCArY_sThEsjGdlnPbsFRZ9B2nbpHs&e=

Nadira ALARAJ:Thank Heidi

Javier Rua-Jovet:thanks 4  

Javier Rua-Jovet:@ Heidi Thanks 4 wrap up!

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:Thanks Tijani

judith hellerstein:@tijani.  That is why the outreach and engagement committee started last week

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thx everyone,  bye for now...

Ali Almeshal:thanks all

Daniel K. Nanghaka:thanks

Robert Hoggarth:thank you Alan.  looking forward to following up

Nadira ALARAJ:Thanks all

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks for the explanations Rob and Heidi

Daniel K. Nanghaka:bye

Alberto Soto:Thanks All!! Bye!!!

Javier Rua-Jovet:bye

Kaili Kan:Bye

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:bye

Harold Arcos:Thanks all, bye  Have a good day

Allan Skuce:Thanks, Bye