Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the At-Large ALS Criteria and Expectations Taskforce Call held on Thursday, 01 September 2016 at 17:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/bRWsAw

Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Maureen

judith hellerstein:HI All

judith hellerstein:so who is the one who is heavily breathing into the mike

judith hellerstein:@maureen i see your rooster is back

judith hellerstein:@silvia you were breaking up

Silvia Vivanco:Yes I dialed back in, thanks Judith

Maureen Hilyard:@Judith.. yes the sun is just rising..

judith hellerstein:Can you unlock the agenda

Yesim Nazlar:Scrolling rights enabled for the document

judith hellerstein:Thanks for unlocking it

Yesim Nazlar:pleasure Judith :)

judith hellerstein:NARALO is moving to 3 contracts

Maureen Hilyard:Correct it isn't consistent but it is something APRALO will be working on

Heidi Ullrich:ICANN offers a wiki page to each ALS

Nathalie Peregrine:Correct, upon accreditation both primary and secondary contacts are given wiki credentials and have a wiki page created in the ALS space of their RALO

judith hellerstein:Also ALSES who are members of 2 constituencies such as at large and NPOC

judith hellerstein:@wolf I disagree.  We need 3 contacts

judith hellerstein:we have had problems when we have only one

Maureen Hilyard:@wolf - how do you ensure that ICANN messages are truly getting out to other members of the ALS?

Nathalie Peregrine:@ Wolf, the issue is that we are maybe not aware of the reliability/ potential of engagement of the primary contact at the time of the application.

Maureen Hilyard:Agree Cheryl - making it mandatory for new ALSes

judith hellerstein:agree with cheryl

Harold Arcos:unmuted my micro,,,

judith hellerstein:Can anyone hear harold

Wolf Ludwig:To Maureen's question: I (as the only) contact have to report to our Board (twice a year) and once the year to our GA. That's considered to be "sufficient".

Yesim Nazlar:We cannot hear you Harold

Nathalie Peregrine:Currently, there has been no application over the last few years where the applicant organization has NOT provided 2 contacts, as required in the form

Maureen Hilyard:@Wolf - how do they contribute to public comments etc?

Harold Arcos:ready

Wolf Ludwig:In small groups or ALSes resources are very restricted and nobody else ccould take over this task.

Wolf Ludwig:Don't forget we are in volunteer communities here ...

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Wouldn't a secondary contact just be some kind of emergency contact if the primary contact goes missing? I can see some sense in having an emergency secondary contact

Wolf Ludwig:The main focus of my group is the Swiss level and we are only two in the Board to cover the European level or broader.

Wolf Ludwig:It's wishful thinking IMO and too strict for various members.

Heidi Ullrich:Who is to follow up with the ALSes re their reports? Are they to be posted on a public wiki?

Wolf Ludwig:Good question, Heidi!

Harold Arcos:How we would do isoc members in the case of presence in various regions?

Heidi Ullrich:Cheryl is correct. ALSes should not use the ICANN logo, only the At-Large logo.

Maureen Hilyard:@Cheryl... that is what I was going to ask - can we use the At-Large logo on our home page. Our iICANN nformation is on our news section which you have to click onto .

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:when it will be drafted it needs to be specified perhaps with an area to download the official logo from

judith hellerstein:yes I agree

judith hellerstein:Can you move the curso away from the document as it is erasing the words. thank you

Wolf Ludwig:I followed the activities of our ALSes regularly or from time to time, that means I can tell rather well which of them are *active on the ground* or more dormant ...

Alan Greenberg:Had not realized I had been made a presenter. No longer

Alan Greenberg:Perhaps annual reports is at the diiscretion of the RALO

Wolf Ludwig:Plus 1 Alan!

judith hellerstein:not sure how you would monitor this.  i do not think that is being active as an als

judith hellerstein:they need to participate in a working group, post a comment or be active on our monthly call

Maureen Hilyard:PICISOC is a unique umbrella APRALO ALS - in the Pacific the other 4 Pacific ALSes include members of PICISOC so that its email list is used for disseminating ICANN information from any one of the ALSes (and Save Vocea) to all PICISOC members (as well as the other Pacific ALSes)

Harold Arcos:Previous topic: Not is enought,,,within ALS should be work for most people.  ¿Which should be obligations for Individual participation?

Wolf Ludwig:I agree but be aware it's a delicate issue

Heidi Ullrich:Please recall the discussion in Helsinki regarding possibly two levels of membership.

Wolf Ludwig:I support this point (again), Heidi

Maureen Hilyard:@Heidi.. what do you mean by "levels"?

Wolf Ludwig:To my memory it was around two kinds of status -- "active* or "associated" ...

Maureen Hilyard:@Alan.. I agree with you about HOW do you recognise their not active participation in normal ICANN activities?

Maureen Hilyard:+! Yrjo.. we need to have at least basic expectations of all our ALSes - perhaps just the annual report ?

Harold Arcos:+1 Yrjö

Heidi Ullrich:@Wold, correct, two levels

Wolf Ludwig:It would be the "wrong" expectation IMO, Maureen, -- Would prefer other marks or levels of "activity"!

Wolf Ludwig:Asking for a report is rather "bureaucratic" IMO?

Maureen Hilyard:@Wolf.. it was an example.. but yes we have to agree on what those basic expectations should be.

Maureen Hilyard:But we also have to be able to implement a metric as Cheryl mentioned

Alan Greenberg:I am presuming that "minimum" would not be a specific list, but must do 1 or more from a list of possibilities

judith hellerstein:which mailing list, at at large or als criteria call

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Bylaw regarding ALAC mission: "The ALAC, which plays an important role in ICANN’s accountability mechanisms, also coordinates some of ICANN’s outreach to individual Internet users."

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:If ALSes are to be part of that chain, they need to be active otherwise they fail the ALAC's mission

judith hellerstein:+1 Olivier

Wolf Ludwig:The basic requirements should show alternate and complementary ways and levels!

Maureen Hilyard:+1 in order to be fair..

Harold Arcos:+1 Cheryl. Join tasks Metrics + Expectations

judith hellerstein:@harold Cheryl is not on adobe so send her this info on email

Wolf Ludwig:That's a worts case, Alan, and needs to be considered!

Harold Arcos:Thanks Judith

Harold Arcos:Thanks all, take care

Yesim Nazlar:Thank you all!

• No labels